“The 100 days in Chengdu”

Fraser Suites Chengdu
Ranked #6 of 2,730 Hotels in Chengdu
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Travelling far away for business is an exhausting experience when it is half way around the world. My colleagues and I have found a semi-western oasis at the Frasersuites Hotel in Chengdu China. The rooms have amenities like a washer and dryer and a small kitchen to simulate home as much as possible. Extra long stays, rooms have separate sitting areas for added space for gatherings.
The gym and pool are well maintained and are excellent for the “more active” guests
Hotel outings to local tourist spots were an excellent idea to get guests to co-mingle. These events allow the guests to feel like home and creates a neighbor hood environment, especially when you see the same guests out an about in the city.
The staff at the hotel is exceptional. This includes the check in/out areas as wells as restaurant staff on the 6th floor. The local Chengdu staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Having a western staff member (Sean) was always a help in providing recommendations on where to go.

Room Tip: Get the extended stay room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Danny L, General Manager at Fraser Suites Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Steve F, Travelling far away is indeed an exhausting experience and we are so happy to have been your oasis where you can feel rested and relaxed. Thank you for your wonderful review. It's great to have a team so dedicated to giving guests' a great stay experience and thank you for mentioning them in your review. I will ensure to express your gratitude to them.

We look forward to your next visit soon and once again, thank you very much for your wonderful comments.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The rooms were incredibly comfortable, staff were very helpful and the hotel (or 'aparthotel') was top-notch.

Checked in for two nights on business, and the room allocated was very spacious, with a sizable kitchen, washing machine, bathroom and very comfortable bed.

Breakfast included a reasonable variety of options, and the view from the dining area was very nice. Staff were helpful and courteous throughout, able to answer any and all queries.

All in all, very much recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Danny L, General Manager at Fraser Suites Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear bigintangibles,

Thank you for your brief, concise and positive review here on Trip Advisor. We are so happy that you had a wonderful stay with us at Fraser Suites Chengdu. Thanks also for recommending us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I heard lot of good things about this hotel(?) from my friends and co-workers, before I've came there.
First thing: this is not a real hotel-type. Is more for long-term living.

Location: is great, just in the city center.
Everywhere is close. Just across the corner, you might find two small stores (china style), with basic things, and if you are in the need of big shopping, there is a shopping centre opposit to hotel. Lots of restaurants, and the best pizza in Chengdu, can be ordered directly to your room within (sometimes even) 30 minutes.

Rooms: I've stayed once in Studio, and once in some "better" Studio. Booth were higher than 30th floor. I would recomend this level, if you want to enjoy some nice views of Chengdu, and also if you have troubles with sleeping. I must say, even so high, I do heard a traffic noise, which was not disturbing, but ... for somebody might be.
Rooms are clean, spacious, modern, and equiped with small kitchen. I must say, I didn't liked studio so much. It was to spacious, and not .. well, cozy. The other, upgraded studio, was much better. It have couch, and is much more cozy. I will recomend this one, thus, is hard to get I assume.
I saw also my friends room, which was much bigger (he stayed longer there), and the bedroom was separated there. Was also very, VERY nice.
I've noticed, the rooms have a different design, so it is also nice, that not all of them look exactly the same.

Cleanles: perfect.
Supplies: perfect. Everything was working, and if there was a small problem with electricity, fixed within minutes.

Facilities: very nice. Fitnes centre little bit small, and sometimes, devices were not working properly. Cleanles in changing rooms, and changing rooms themselfe, bit dissapointing. Nice, but small sauna. Great pool. Honestly, pool is just perfect!!! Big, warm, clean, with lot of space arround.

Breakfast: little dissapointing. Sure, lot of food there, but I would expect little better quality. Same dissapointement with room service: expencive, not so much choice, and the quality of food ... controversial: for example cesar salad was delivered to me in the way: do-it-by-yourself ;) I had to mix almost all ingriedients by myself ;)

Bar, great, outdor, on same level as pool. Nice view, great atmosphere but ... not so much choice again with drinks, and horrible prices (althoug not so much away from other hotels at this standard). Probably that's why, nobody was there almost all the time I've visited ;)

I was using also biliard room. They have snooker table! A great, real and good quality one!! Point for them!

As for internet: very fast (as for China), no problem and no vpn needed.

And now the worse thing about this one. As for me: loundry service. Very expensive, and ... they wyll deliver back your loundry on the next day!!! Unless you pay EVEN more money, for express service. There is a washing machine in every room thought, so if you dare ;) you can just go to shopping centre, with Carefour, get some powder-stuff-thing, and wash your loundry by yourself ;)
I did it and ... was worth it. Fast, and the cloths are comming out dry, and in good shape :)
After that (depending on your cloths), you can press them, with iron which is in your room :)
Time consuming, but ... sometimes, is nice to do something like that :)

Staff speaks english very good. And if they don't you can fix it over front desk very fast using your in-room phone.

I will defenately come back there, and honestly can recomennd this hotel.

Room Tip: Try as high as possible, to get rid of street noise. If you want a nice view, I would recomend rooms...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Matik_M,

Thank you for your detailed review on your recent stay with us. We thank you for your wonderful comments on our location, rooms, cleanliness, facilities, bar and staff. We also appreciate your frank comments on our laundry services. As we do not have our own in-house laundry, we have outsourced this service. However, as you have rightly pointed out, all our rooms are equipped with washer/dryer machines and it like you said "sometimes, is nice to do something like that". :-). Thank you again Matik_M. We sure look forward to your return visit soon and thanks for recommending us.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I just returned to the United States after staying 17 weeks in a one bedroom apartment at the Fraser Suites in Chengdu.During my stay I did not have one complaint. All of the staff could speak good English and went out of there way to help. Sean, Ivy, Julie, and all the rest of the staff helped me with anything I needed.Also when my family came out for a week's visit they helped my wife with reservations, set up tours, write destinations in Chinese for us to give the taxi driver, suggested places to eat, shop, and visit.Anything you needed from setting up a Chinese sim card, to taking you to the barber shop they were there to help you.During my last four weeks I worked night shift and had to sleep during the day. The cleaning staff even changed there schedule to accommodate the night shift crew. Whenever my teenage daughters are asked about there trip to China they tell everyone how Sean, Ivy, and the rest of the staff treated them so nice. I am hoping to return to Chengdu and look forward to staying at Fraser Suites again.

Jim

Dear Jim W,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review here on Trip Advisor. We are so happy that we have managed to give you a great positive experience here at Fraser Suites Chengdu. We do miss you and your family and are looking forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Pros:
Stayed there 5 nt in July. Super clean, best customer service, well maintained, convenient location. Staff all speak good English, Pool, sauna and steam room are kept very clean. Sauna and steam room is kind of small, if there're 4 person in at same time, will be too crowded. Breakfast has reasonable selection of western and Chinese item. Starbucks and Supermarket are just cross street. Most of time there's taxi in front of the hotel, but in the late afternoon could be a challenge.

Cons:
Most the room only include 1 breakfast, so if you are a couple, u'll need either pay extra 80 Yuan or 1 person eat somewhere else. And they don't allow you use next day breakfast for today, so 2 person can eat together.
I'd think for the price per night, it should include at least 2 breakfast.

There's no Privacy door sign for guest to use. Cleaning staff does always knocks the door before enter.

But overall we are very happy and Will stay again next time in Chengdu.

Room Tip: room above the terrace could be noisy
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tx_pearland
Danny L, General Manager at Fraser Suites Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear tx_pearland,

Thank you for your wonderful review here on Trip Advisor. You comment on breakfast charges for one person alone has been tabled for discussion. We understand how this has affected your stay experience and will endeavor to resolve this issue so that all our guests will have a great and memorable start in the mornings.

As for the privacy issue, there is a “Do Not Disturb” button inside your suite which will activate a red light outside your door and you will not be disturbed.

Tx_pearland, we once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. The rooms/ apartments are spacious and in a very good and clean condition. Breakfast was excellent and for the offered price of 80 CNY a very nice and relaxed start in the day.

Recommendation (and that's why I deduct two points): The concierge/ staff should be more helpful to the guests to get regular taxi prices according to taximeter. The hotel staff should make it clear to the taxi drivers that they only accept taxis from the hotel that drive with taximeter. They are not helpful in this matter right now. And Chengdu taxis are normally used to drive with taximeter.

1  Thank kami_997

Dear Kami_997,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. Your comments regarding taximeters does come as a shock to me and I have made it crystal clear to our staff that only taxis charging by taxi meters are allowed at the property.

I thank you for pointing this out. It is comments such as yours that will enable us to better ourselves and to provide the services that our guests have come to expect.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I go to Chengdu on business 2 times a year. After our first stay in Fraser Suites Chengdu 3 years ago, we have never stayed in any other hotel since. The hotel is at a central location - room rates are good, shopping, food, massage, subway station are all around. The rooms are very spacious, fully and tastefully equipped (kitchen facilities, washer/dryer etc), very clean and bright. The Wi-Fi is free and fast. The Services, the staff, the personal touch, right from booking to check-in, check-out and all the assistance provided to us, is simply excellent. In our latest trip to Chengdu in June this year, we brought some family members and friends who are world travellers - they enjoyed the Hotel like us and will go back to stay there every time they go to Chengdu. Mrs. Jacinta Po

Room Tip: Corner suites and high floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jacinta S

Dear Jacinta S,
We would like to thank you so much for your loyalty towards Fraser Suites Chengdu and for also bringing your friends and family to experience our hospitality and services. We are thrilled to know they have enjoyed their stay and will be coming back too.

We look forward to your return visit soon. Thank you so much Jacinta S.