“So worth it”

Ranked #249 of 2,652 Hotels in Chengdu
penang
“So worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2011

We were looking for a cheap pricing but a great modern place to stay and found it in "Jinguan Impression Apartment Hotel". We saw this place in tripadvisor and thought the pictures look great. Google it at the chinese sites and saw many great reviews. When we saw the pricing, it was too cheap to be true therefore we didnt commit ourselves by booking through the net . We call up the hotel on the day itself and only book for a night just in case the place turn up to look opposite than what we saw in the net. The minute we saw the place, we booked another 3 more nights.

The place is great. Looked even better than the pictures we saw. It was spacey with sofa and eating table. LCD Tv. Washing machine. a mini kitchen. both shower and toilet seperated. carpeted. huge bed. Cost us only rmb249/night. They even have rooms with computer , will cost a bit more.

The location is good too. Just walk 5-10 min, will get you to Chunxi Road (Shopping!) and a bit further will get you to Zhu Yan Road ( Wholesale shopping, if you want trendy things at cheap price, this is the place to be).

The boss was a great man. Managed to arrange a private car for us to Leshan the next day although we only informed him at night. Anyway you want to go and see, just ask him for opinions.

If i have to pin point the negative side, it will have to be their hot shower. It last only 10 minutes if you run the shower continuously. Then you have to wait another 15 min for the tanker to heat up the water. Each room has it own tank, therefore if you used up the hot water, you need to wait for another round . This wasnt a big problem to us since we dont run the water continuously . Just turn off the water while you are shampooing or soaping then turn on the water when you need it. With this, you will have plenty of hot water. Good for the earth too!

Other than this, this place is just perfect! I will not hesistate to go back. For this price, with this quality hotel and location, its a bargain.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank thedream118

singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2011

I found this hotel (apartment) accidentally on the web, I was a bit sketical initially about the description and pictures shown. As one used to be deceived by those beautiful photos. But I finally made my decision as the location was quite centralize to places that I like to visits e.g. Jin li, Wu Hou Chi, Du Pu zhou Tang and also many good resturants and eatery around. So I called and made reservation through Mr. Yang.
When I first arrived, to my astonishment, it was even better than my expectation, the room was not only exactly the same as what I saw on the web, it is big, clean, modern, everything is working well, it even comes with a washing machine and a little kitchen.
In the hotel, they use one of the room at 15th floor as their office. There is no meal services in this hotel though, but there are many eatery in the neigbourhood (5~10 min walk). Mr. Yang was a very helpful and friendly young man. Take for example, I stayed for about a week, unfortunately my room was having some noise disturbance at night as it was facing a construction site. He changed immediately for me the next day when I lodged a complain.
He also helped me to find a local tour with reasonable price for me.
When I went for a short tour in Jiuzhaigou and Leshan/Emei shan, they reserve a room for me and even helped to put all my luggage nicely into the room when I am back. I really can't find much flaw in this hotel and totally satisfy with my stay.
Besides, the hotel fees was reasonable, in fact I felt that I am paying a 5 star hotel with a 4 star price - RMB 210/night.
I would not hesitate to recommend anyone to this hotel.
Cheng from Singapore.