“Great Food, Great Service”
Review of Nuhi's Original Deli - CLOSED

Nuhi's Original Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Bring your laptop and plan on hanging out for a little while. The food is good, the place is clean and the free tea they serve with the meal is really pretty good. Prices are reasonable too.

1  Thank SapphireBlueBox

Reviewed September 23, 2011

what a wonderful find in the middle of chengdu. could nto give it a higher recommendation for a respite frmo the city. we had our 2 toddlers with us: they were well received. the food was great.

2  Thank evilexis
Reviewed July 14, 2011

When i read the reviews, the sound of meatballs and mash-potatos, filled my mouth with... Can't really describe that feeling...But i took the first bus over here...

Dissapointment...
I got 6 tiny , dry meatballs (no sause), next to dry and tasteless mash potatos, and (believe it or not..) JAM(!!??).

Should i try any other dish??
I'll pass, thank you...

2  Thank 1likesgoodfood
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Being a Swede visiting Chengdu from my home town Shanghai just over a weekend, my initial plan was to sample nothing but the world-renowned spicy food indigenous to Chengdu and the Sichuan province, but getting this place recommended by the hostel I was staying at (and not having been at home in Sweden for a good 6-or-so months), I decided to give it a a try. Except for the canteen-style not-that-good-but-at-least-edible food at the food court of IKEA, not even the vast metropolis of Shanghai has its own Swedish restaurant - so it was a bit of a pleasant surprise that Chengdu of all places has one.

The owner is a very pleasant Swedish gentleman somewhere in his 30's, and he runs the place together with his Korean wife. Both are very pleasant, warm and service-minded.
Prices are great - around 25RMB (approx. 3USD) for a serving of Swedish meatballs (I'll get back to those later) - even though the owner said that in terms of Chengdu pricing, it's not considered all that cheap. Some customers are expats, but many students of the nearby Sichuan University frequent the place, sipping on a cup of Swedish coffee while doing their homework or using the free wifi internet.

I tried the meatballs and a cheese omelette, but trying to overcome my caffeine addiction, I opted out on the Swedish coffee (even though I've heard its very authentic). The food was prepared swiftly and the presentation was nice. The omelette was really good but what especially amazed me was the meat balls - upon having the first bite, vivid images of Carl Larsson's paintings and Swedish red summer cottages instantly appeared in my mind. This was really "a taste of Sweden" in the literal sense of the word; on par with (or perhaps better than) the meatballs served on a Swedish "Julbord" at an up-scale Scandinavian cuisine restaurant in Sweden. The owner told me that the recipe was his own grandmothers' - and as we all know, it's always the grandmothers who sit on the best recipes!

The interior of the restaurant was modern-Swedish - sort of plain conservative and nothing extravagant, but it provided a good fit with the food offered.

I can nothing but very strongly recommend a visit to this place.

3  Thank TJDAJM
Reviewed April 11, 2011

It's my weekend chalet; they have excellent food, very good desserts, and the best coffee in Chengdu. The owners and staff are very friendly.

3  Thank Objectively