“fantastic hotel experience”

Millennium Hotel Chengdu
Ranked #26 of 2,747 Hotels in Chengdu
Reviewed May 7, 2014

went there for a night for business, clean and tidy accommodation, customer service was nice, fantastic breakfast, i met friends, did business, would stay there again for sure. this would be my first choice for accommodation if i return to chengdu!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank europaexplorer
Aileen z, Public Relations Manager at Millennium Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Dear europaexplorer,thanks for staying with us in Chengdu and sharing your review here.We are so glad to know that your stay was pleasant and the service was excellent.Your compliment is indeed motivated and will undoubtedly inspire our team a lot! If you have any advice, please feel free to contact with us. we will try our best to satisfy each and every guest's requirements. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Spent three nights here and really enjoyed my stay. Good room with nice bathroom. Comfortable bed.
Staff try to be really helpful despite language problems sometimes. Victor on the concierge desk is exceptional. He arranged a trip to the Panda research centre and train tickets to Dujiangyan Irrigation system for me. He wrote all directions in Chinese and explained everything in great detail.
Breakfast buffet was good and the bar a nice place to relax.
The Spanish restaurant close by is excellent.
Would definitely choose to stay here again when visiting Chengdu.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Aileen z, Public Relations Manager at Millennium Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear heb999,thanks for staying with us in Chengdu and sharing your review here.We are so pleasant to know that you have enjoyed the your time with us.Your compliment is indeed motivated.Your encouraging comment will inspired our team a lot! we will keep it up and continue to deliver excellent services as always to all the guests. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is a very comfortable and nice hotel. There is a a Starbucks located just outside the lobby door and a nice pedestrian street close by. The room is nice size with comfortable furnishings and bed. The breakfast buffet is comprehensive with western and Chinese options. The TV channels are somewhat limited with only HBO, BBC and CNN in English.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank olivejuice2055
Aileen z, Public Relations Manager at Millennium Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Dear olivejuice2055 ,thanks for your sharing and choosing to stay with us. We are encouraging by your compliment on the overall experience, room, buffet and location etc,as you have rightly pointed out, there are a starbucks coffee and a nice pedestrian street nearby as well.
thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

It's about half an hour drive to here from the airport.

I stayed here in one of the executive suites for 3 days on a business trip. It's a nice hotel, the service was good. The room was very clean and everything was in great condition. The bathroom was marble and glass with simple but elegant decor.

The bed was medium firm and very comfortable for me, the TV had many international channels from North America, Europe & Asia and i was able to watch a live NY Yankees game on ESPN while I ate breakfast.

The staff at the front desk and on the phone spoke English very well, they were attentive and helpful when i had questions. The room was cleaned and prepared for me each day which included leaving a small Chinese cultural gift (with a Good Luck character) on my bed side table each night. It's possible this was done because the room i was in was an exec suite, i'm not sure if this is typical in all rooms.

The only thing missing from the room that i wished i had was an iron and ironing board.

My colleagues and I spent a day in one of the ballrooms for a business meeting, it was satisfactory, nothing to rave about but no problems either. Good lighting, good audio/video setup for our presentations. We ate lunch in one of the hotel's restaurants, it was a chinese meal and was very good.

Breakfast each morning was in the restaurant that serves both Western and Chinese buffets, i mostly ate western foods for breakfast while sampling the baozi. Overall the food was good, the coffee and tea was good enough to get me going for the day, too.

If i travel to Chengdu again, i'll try to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Andy_Sammamish
Aileen z, Public Relations Manager at Millennium Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Andy_Sammamish,thanks so much for your wonderful review and for your special mention on our facilities and service.It's so happy to know that you have had a wonderful stay with us .Your comments mean a lot to us and we hope to have the pleasure of your company again soon.
Once more, a big thank you Mr Andy_Sammamish, and we do hope to welcome you back soon.See you in Chengdu soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

My employer chooses this hotel for
stopovers in Chengdu. We had three days here, allocated rooms 909 and 933. 933 was by far quieter of the two as 909 backs onto the road , is very nosy despite very good thick windows. Hotel wanted to plug the hotel bus to take us to visit the panda research Centre, but it was more cost effective for few of us to take a regular taxi. Special thanks must go to 2 excellent front desk staff, Amy and Eunos. Their help in arranging taxis and visits to other local restaurants was most useful. They spoke spoke excellent English and were kind and patient. The hotel has very comfortable beds and appears to be extremely clean. I had the breakfast buffet on the day I was leaving. This was ok with a mix of western and Asian food. There is a Starbucks outside the hotel
Thanks for a great stay

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ianbeale
Aileen z, Public Relations Manager at Millennium Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear ianbeale ,we're so happy to see your encouraging comment, which will inspire our team a lot! We will keep it up and continue to deliver excellent services as always. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
You Are The Centre Of Our World!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

On a business trip to Chengdu and was at the Millennium Hotel for 3 nights during the second week of January 2014. Charming hotel in a very quiet and upscale locality of Chengdu, the hotel is easily accessible from Terminal 1 and 2 (approx. 20 mins by cab). Rooms appear to be dated, however they are well maintained and house keeping was simply fantastic (the way they made up the bed etc..). The breakfast selection is passable and as mentioned in the previous report the egg station is definitely the highlight. At the time of check in the front office staff seemed to be new and inexperienced, as a result of which I was checked in for 2 nights instead of the original 3 nights. The concierge spoke a good level of English, was knowledgeable and extremely helpful! I was very satisfied with the in-room dining options and the food was fantastic! I look forward to my next stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Aileen z, Public Relations Manager at Millennium Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear TT,thanks for your review here and sharing your pleasant experience with us. It is so rewarding for us to learn that our location,rooms,dining and staff have all met your expectation and made your stay an enjoyable one. And thank you so much for your understanding of our new staff.We're inspired to be at our best and promise you a great stay next time.
Looking forward to your back soon.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I've stayed in this hotel a number of times but my last visit was not great. The service was less than mediocre, perhaps caused by new staff at the front desk. They screwed up my deposit required on check in, and then came up to my room to get the balance. When their portable unit for credit card didn't work, the guy wanted to take my credit card to the front desk... when I said no, he went to call his manager to come up. I finally kicked him out of my room and said I would deal with it at the front desk later. I didn't... because it didn't matter. A few minutes later, another guy comes up to get me to sign for the charges for the transportation from the airport (which was 10x a normal cab... lesson learned).

After I got completely unpacked, I noticed I was in a smoking room, in spite of specifying non-smoking in my reservation. I complained but decided it wasn't worth the effort to move given only 2 night stay. Fact is, at least it didn't stink... they did a good job with eliminating smoking odors.

The room was showing signs of wear and tear, not surprising given the quality of a lot of construction in China. The breakfast hasn't gotten any better, with most of the food in the buffet being cold, and some of it downright inedible. The highlight continues to be the fresh made omelettee.

I've been told the Shangri La in the center of the city is much better, so I'll probably use that the next time, in spite of the longer commute.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room when you check in... making the reservation with that specified won't...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Aileen z, Public Relations Manager at Millennium Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Oscar_Retriever, thanks for your feedback and we do disappointed with your imperfect experience. We strive to deliver the most comfortable stay for our guests and offer best room and food to suit everyone . Your comment on hotel new staff’s ability and food quality have been well noted and already addressed to the management, series of trainings and improvements in different grade is being carried on now, hope our efforts on improvement could win your agreement on your next time back. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to give us another chance to bring you a true Millennium hospitality. Thanks again and look forward to seeing you soon.