All reviews rooftop garden washing machine eye view the indoor swimming pool small kitchen nice apartment the hotel sits location is great the hotel staff games room close to the city center tianfu square different cities house keeping minutes walk away long term stay excellent place to stay
Reviewed January 6, 2018

I stayed here from 1st Jan to 5th Jan 2018. The room was clean and comfortable like other Somerset I stayed before in other countries. Most of the staff like doorman, reception and housekeeping ladies were great and made me feel very welcome. Well, except this one lady at the breakfast area. I assume she was the manager at the restaurant (with long curly hair, didn't get her name). She was very rude, scolding and yelling at the kitchen staff from the buffet area because the staff were talking too loud (believe me, they were not, coz I didn't even notice that until she started scolding them). This happened a couple of times when the guests were still dining and she even said to the staff in Chinese "Why do you have to be so loud?! If you want to be loud, I can be even louder than you!" And yes she did. I find this rather unprofessional and made me very uncomfortable. After this episode, at around 10:20am (breakfast was from 6 to 10am), while i was still finishing up my breakfast, she came to my table and simply took away all the dishes I was still having without even asking me for permission! She said to me "Breakfast is over, we need to prepare the table for lunch." I was left in shock. It was only 10:20am and there were a few other guests finishing up their breakfast as well. I know it was past breakfast time, but such rude treatment to hotel guests was really unnecessary and unheard of. I would have been understanding to hurry up my breakfast if she had politely reminded me, but no, no apologies, no reminders, just took my dishes away like that. This totally ruined my whole experience at the hotel. I've stayed at many Ascott hotels across the world and this is by far the most disappointing stay.

Room Tip: Beware of rude staff
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
4  Thank Chloe123_S321
Charmaine F, Manager at Somerset Riverview Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Dear guest

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your reviews. We will work harder to offer the best facilities, especially the personalized service and provide more pleasant stay during your next stay. We highly appreciate your constructive feedback, and we will continue to improve our the breakfast experience.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Overall we enjoyed our 4 day stay at the Somerset Riverview, Chengdu.
Check in was a little difficult, as all our bookings appeared to show we only has 1 breakfast provided per room, even though there were 2 persons listed on the booking.
The rooms are large, and very nice, decent facilities and Wi-Fi.

Breakfast is mostly local food, but there are some western options, and the chef will cook you an omelette or fried eggs too.

Staff are polite and speak a small amount of English to help.

Underneath the hotel there is a 7/11 store, a Subway Sandwich shop and a Coffee Shop.

Location is mixed. it is a bit of a walk to get anywhere of interest to a tourist, so taxis are required.
Bar St & the pretty bridge which is lit at night is about a 30 minutes walk along the river.
There a couple of local restaurants nearby - but be warned - sign language required! All good fun though.
Most nights we ate near the attractions.
The main square and tourist sights are at least 30 minutes walk away+ if you know where you are going, but you probably won't unless you know Chengdu.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback, and I am glad to hear that you have a pleasant stay in your apartment! I hope we can make you feel at home when we serve apartments in the Chengdu riverside. All the staff of the apartment are looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

We book a deluxe apartment with king size bedroom living room and kitchen but paying only 50% the cost for a five star hotel room . The kitchen has everything we need for dining and cooking . There are washing and drying machines with washing powder provided .
However there are no shopping centre and good restaurant nearby.luckily the metro is only a few minutes away so one can always travel one station to Tianfu Square .Their restaurant at level provide very basic meals . The chicken rice is probably the worse I have ever tried . It is better to go to the Maan Coffee next door if you need food nearby .
It is nice of them to provide free transport for sightseeing on every Saturday. The driver is good , the panda base is interesting . The jinsha archeological site is most educ

ational but the visit to Buddhist temple for four hours is a completely waste of time .

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Thank kai sang alexan... w
Reviewed September 30, 2017

We stayed 3 nights at the Somerset Riverview, & thought it was great.

The car from the airport took around 25 minutes. Check-in is on the third floor of the building, & apartments start on the 16th floor. Check-in was smooth. Don't expect bell boys to take your bags up--its not a hotel, but serviced apartments.

The apartment was very spacious. A small kitchen was well equipped with anything you might need for light meals, & a laundry cupboard had a very effective combined washing machine/clothes dryer. The lounge dining room is very substantial, well equipped with all the necessary furniture. The windows stretching around the entire apartments give views & light.

The bedroom has a very comfortable King bed, lots of cupboars space, & one of the 3 separate air con systems the apartment is fitted with. The bathroom is very spacious and comfortable.

Breakfast & other meals can be purchased in the third floor dining room. The breakfast buffet is OK but nothing special, whilst the dishes available through the day are pretty good & very reasonably priced.

The apartment is located on the river edge, and a very pretty pathway takes you kilometres in each direction. A walk of about a kilometre takes you to the main city square, & the main city shopping mall is not much further.

The apartment is next to an ATM on one side (handy!!--Cirrus compliant), and a lovely coffee lounge & a 7-11 on the other--in other words, most of your necessary provisions & services are close at hand.

The apartment was an oasis to return to after a tough day exploring--highly recommended

Room Tip: Try for river side
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frans_12255060
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

If you like awful hotel, stay at Somerset chengdu riverview. Room is okay. Customers service is good but at time seem to be rude. I have stayed at 4 different Somerset hotels in China but this one is the worst. Breakfast is below average. Salt and pepper is no where to be find on the table. Coffee is provided with dry cream. No milk or half & half provided. Housekeeping is below any standards. My first day, no slippers or toilet papers are refilled. Second day, no toilet papers refilled. Shaving blade is also not provided in this hotel. Apart from the location, I would highly not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
6  Thank angryduck113
Charmaine F, Assistant Residence Manager at Somerset Riverview Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear angryduck113,

We regret to hear the unpleasant experience during your stay with us.

Our breakfast operator is undertaking some major changes in their restaurant. Breakfast offerings is one of our key concerns that they are currently reviewing and improving upon.

We will look into strengthening our service and housekeeping trainings. Basic toiletries are provided on your amenities tray. As shown on the notice on our amenities tray, you may like to contact us should you require the razor blade, which is available upon request.

We hope to have another opportunity to serve you at our residence and reinstate your faith in us. I look forward to personally welcoming you back at Somerset Riverview Chengdu.