Tripadvisor
Search

“Amazing restaurant ”

GILIS Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #23 of 3,361 Restaurants in Chengdu
Description: We provide delicious Pizza, Pasta, Salad, Mushroom Risotto, Cheesecake, Chocolate Lava Cake with Icecream and Chocolate Mousse Cake. With a smile and friendly face.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I guess it’s the best steak house in China. Awesome food, fresh beer and the most hospitable staff. 20% off on each Friday.

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (101)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good atmosphere , no problems with english , food is always good quality , I’ve been here many times since they started. In my top 10 places in Chengdu and I’ve been here a few years. Nice place good job guys !

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

We’ve had diner with 6 at Gili’s. We had a very very nice evening. Staff was very welcoming, smiling, very helpful and spoke great English! Steaks were absolutely amazing! Si was the risotto. Meat was super tender and tasty. Side dishes were very fresh and very nice.
We will definitely come back when were in Chengdu.

Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

This is a nice little Italian place with very reasonable prices. The proprietor Sue is a very sweet person and adds a bit of charm when she's around. Food is always satisfying and i have brought others who have expressed similar opinions. Some of the staff speak fluent English and can be very helpful if you have any food allergies, like myself. I've never ordered anything that I disliked and the service is well above average for the city. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed November 8, 2019

We ordered two Australian ribeyes medium-well. They were impeccable. Vegetable sides were cooked well and expertly seasoned. The restaurant displays a 2018 award they received for their cheesecake. Well deserved, I almost ordered a second slice. Good beer and liquor selection. The wine list is short, but serviceable. I would have liked to have seen a port or dessert wine. The atmosphere and service are top-notch. The staff is friendly and warm without being annoying. English menu and English speaking staff. If I lived here, this would be a regular stop. Instead, it will be further reason to visit Chengdu in the future. Incredibly well priced. An equal quality meal in New York, SF, or Denver would be twice as expensive. This restaurant does accept reservations and major credit cards.

Date of visit: November 2019