Celebrity City Hotel
$129
$63
$58
Hotwire.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hotel was one of many I recently stayed in while on business in China. The hotel itself is perfectly nice. It is a typical high rise city hotel. The lobby was very nice and clean. The problem came when I asked to make sure I had a non-smoking room. The manager told me that I had a smoking room because there were no non-smoking rooms left. I said that wasn't acceptable and it wasn't acceptable to five other people that I was with. He told us he would have the room "sprayed" (whatever that means), but smoke makes me completely ill. We ended up having to have our Chinese host come and argue with the manager about finding us non-smoking rooms. She spent at least 20 minutes arguing with him and then he told us he would put us on an executive floor, but we would need to pay the extra. Our Chinese host told him that was not acceptable and we eventually got our non-smoking rooms. However, I have never been in a hotel where the management has spent so much time arguing and refusing to change guests to a non-smoking room even if it means an upgrade. I ended up with a very nice room on an executive floor, but I did not like the lack of hospitality at the hotel. The hotel was up to date and was clean, but I can't recommend it because of the service.

Room Tip: even though you may have reserved a non-smoking room, be sure to confirm it when you get there.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Lunamoth2001
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Stayed here in July 2010. Good location and excellent service from the concierge. However the rooms are dated but still comfortable. Could do with a makeover.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank issybb
Reviewed April 6, 2012

This is a well-located hotel and boasts nice-looking rooms, a tasteful lobby and great spa facilities. Nonetheless, appearances can be deceiving. On a recent stay, rooms had technical issues with respect to its automated heating/air system and lighting control system. The shower had luke-warm water and the hotel safe did not work. If you are a western traveler, you will also find it next to impossible to find anyone with enough English to help you when needed.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank worldlyCanada
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Though this Hotel must have rivaled Crowne Plaza and Sheratons when it was built, now it has become dated.

Has the appearance of something real nice but, the carpets and fixtures are starting to show their age.

However, rest quality was good.

TV only had one English channel

Busy hotel, seems popular but again it is dated.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank BD700
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Stayed here for work. The lobby is grand and appears new, check-in was efficient. Room was fairly large and had 1 of those wall-less designs - no partitions between the bed area and the toilet area, and the shower/toilet area is only covered by glass. So if you are going with just ordinary friends, be prepared to reveal all. The room had all the amenities like stationery and sewing kits, so that was great. Tried their imperial chinese herbal restaurant and they had some pretty nourishing dishes and soups. Check out was pain free - when they noticed there was a queue, they quickly ushered me into the vip area and it was efficient, leaving me a last good impression, which most hotels can't

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business