All reviews the executive lounge tianfu square man ho restaurant table restaurant air purifier platinum elite soaking tub special thanks service recovery lounge staff steam room my point of view welcome gift the king size bed gold member panda visit bathroom area
Reviewed August 25, 2018

Stayed here for 7 nights as the hotel is across the street from our Chengdu office. Location is good if you need to be the city center. Subway station is walking distance and lots of shopping and restaurants are close. If you like spicy food this is the place for you.

Lisa in the executive lounge checked me in and was very helpful during the stay. I recommend booking executive rooms if possible because it is worth the money in Asia. Usually includes breakfast, drink during the day and happy hour in the evening. The service in Asia is always heads above the US or Europe.

Room Tip: 28th floor is the executive lounge so if you can get on the same floor it is convenient and I prefer to work there instead of my room.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Aileen Z, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Dear ronc33, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your stay with us. We are delighted to note that you were overall impressed by the facilities and services of the hotel. We appreciate the feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

First visit to China with hubs and 9-YO child.

Hotel:
Located 5-mins walk from Tianfu square metro station which you can use to access many tourist attractions such the busy Chunxi Road etc. Around are many restaurants, and malls, so there won’t be a shortage of places to explore.

Room:
Decently-sized, and we converted the couch for our child to sleep in without paying for an additional bed. strange slide-able doors for the bathroom area and could be annoying for late-night bathroom visits.

Service:
Not memorable nor outstanding...

Overall:
A hotel in a almost non-touristy area such as the hotels at Chunxi Road but it’s pretty packed in and around the hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Dear SueL_10, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us in JW Marriott Hotel Chengdu, Your feedback is greatly valued and may we thank you once again for choosing to stay with JW Marriott Chengdu.

Reviewed August 18, 2018

I stayed for 3 nights on business here in Chengdu. First time in Chengdu.
-I am Gold and was upgraded to Executive Room and access to Club.
-The room was great with Tub and open shower and good linens and towels
-The staff at the Club was terrific and attentive including Max in the evenings. So when I had no business meals..I ate at the club for breakfast and dinner.
-The Concierge helped me book a terrific driver to go visit the Panda Preserve to take pictures with a Panda. Don’t go to the one 45 minutes away…go to the one 1.5 hours away where you take a photo with a Panda and there are much less people and you can do and see more there.
-The location was central
-The restaurant had a terrific Dim Sum Buffet at a very good price.
-Met people in the Club who says the Locals are starting to learn about the hotel and to stay away during Chinese Vacation time as they will stay there with all the families.

Overall the best International JW Marriott I have stayed in and would stay again next time in Chengdu

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Club Level
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Aileen Z, Public Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Dear AlcoholProf, Thank you very much for kindly taking the time to share your comments with us on TripAdvisor. We're glad that you enjoyed the stay with us and we take pride in providing memorable experience to you on your Chengdu visit. I am very happy that you found our team to be terrific and helpful, especially executive and concierge teammates. I will share your recognition and appreciation with them as well as all our colleagues.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

It is located in a perfect central position, really close to the underground station, next to Tianfu square and the pedestrian street full of shops, restaurants and malls. It is a luxury hotel which respects the the standards and the name of JW Marriott hotels. The staff was very polite and professional. We had to deliver a sim card in China with the postal service and they helped us with the stamp and the address with a fast and efficient service. The room was perfect, comfortable, quiet, relaxing and really modern with a nice view. Breakfast was really satisfying with a great buffet with delicious food. I had a great staying there and as a member it’s always a pleasure.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Dear Eleonora B, Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us here. We are so happy that you had an enjoyable stay at JW Marriott Hotel Chengdu.Your kind words about the hotel location , as well as our excellent service will be shared with the team as motivation and appreciation.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

I booked my 2 nights stay through booking.com for a non-smoking room. I communicated to the hotel that I would be checking in close to midnight and requested for a late check out and I was celebrating my wedding anniversary. They agreed to a 230pm check out. They also helped to receive a taobao package, which was good.

However, when I reached after a late night flight, Carol from front desk said Booking.com did not reflect a non-smoking room, and there were only smoking rooms left. I was asked to pay for an upgrade to a suite with breakfast. I told her I didn’t want to pay additional since it’s not my mistake. Anyway, in the end she upgraded us to the suite only for one night for free but there will be NO breakfast included and at noon tmr, they will move my luggage to a normal non smoking room.

This might have sounded okay IF i had checked in earlier, but I was checking in at close to midnight and tomorrow morning I have a morning tour at 730am, so even though I accepted her proposition, I felt the strain of having to unpack and pack again within 7 hours, including sleep.

Also not forgetting that I clearly indicated that I’m celebrating my wedding anniversary, and withdrawing a benefit that was offered in the earlier proposal like breakfast seems really unlike the style of 5star Hotel like JW Marriott.

Disappointed, i communicated my feedback that night to the hotel through Booking.com. Next early morning , we Packed up and left our luggage in the suite.

In the afternoon we came back from our tour and wanted to check into the normal non-smoking room. Freya from front desk came up to us and explained that there might have been a glitch in how the front desk handled our check in the night before. She apologized profusely and said we will stay back in the same suite for the rest of the stay and will enjoy breakfast tomorrow as well as late check out till 4pm.

I was impressed by how fast they resolved the bad experience. That’s commendable. And much needed. Instead of post event apology, they remedied the negative situation on the spot, while the guest was still around.

The rest of my stay was impeccable.

I think JW Marriott has a particularly strong concierge team. All the boys were exceptionally helpful and attentive, spotting u from far away and coming ahead to help you with your luggage. They even smoothed out the seat cover in the taxi. King from concierge department was well spoken and extremely helpful. I asked for tape and scissors to seal up my package but he volunteered to do it for me.

I stayed in jw Marriott Seoul dongdaemon a while back and the concierge personnel were also very very attentive. Good job to jw Marriott on training such a strong concierge team.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with 单个酒店

Dear gummymummy15, Thank you for the feedback you have shared on TripAdvisor about the services offered at JW Marriott Hotel Chengdu. I have shared your feedback with our FO team to inspire them to continue providing excellent service. We appreciate your detailed comments and looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.