“In love and hate with this :)”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Datong
Hongqi Hotel (Huangcheng)
Ranked #76 of 160 Hotels in Datong
Taipei, Taiwan
“In love and hate with this :)”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I promised myself to write this review after I got breakfast so here it is.
The location is perfect,since I'm doing this trip by train.although its just located in front of the station, its quiet and somehow I feel safe. I always underestimate those cheap hotel near station,but trust me,this one s different.
The room is nice,its not luxurious thing but its comfortable and even much more better than wat I had from ibis hotel in xian.
The breakfast is ok,with more selection of non veg it d have been perfect.
Now the complain :) I hate ur shower,it s making the entire bathroom wet after I took shower. Second, ur staff who cudnt even pick up simple english words. At least ur receptionist shud be able to understand. The good thing,when I was mad at them since they didn't understand that I need my shirt to b ironed, they sent someone to my room to do the task and even left some cakes (I think its the way they try to apologize - I hope so). Anyway good hotel, the best I ve got so far in shanxi.

• Stayed April 2014

Solo
Business
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Right next to the Datong train station, which make it quite convenient for those going to Datong as a stop over in the Transiberian or so. The hotel and room were clean, but the bed was one of the most uncorfortable ones I've ever slept on.

We did not find the restaurant specially good but a bit pricey for its quality, however, there aren't many restaurants around.

I need to mention the "spa" of the hotel. The spa is a place that would make the westerns concept of "spa" tremble: commune dark room with couches were feet are massaged in front of a huge TV screen projecting loud Chinese modern groups music while the therapists yawn. However, the massage was simply grrrrrreat, and very, very cheap.
So we decided to take a body massage, not only feet.
We were taken to two tiny single hotel rooms next to the "spa" with erotic pictures hanging on the wall. At this point I need to admit I was a bit afraid. Then the massage went well and again, very good. But I am afraid if I had been a male instead of a women I may have been offered all type of services.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
wagga
Reviewed June 12, 2012

functional standard chinese hotel. location is very handy. all the tooting of horns makes it a bit noisy but not too bad. large range of breakfast choices esp chinese choices but a bit of western too

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
France
Reviewed April 25, 2012

The hotel is next to the train station, but is quiet. The location is a strong point: buses to the centre of town leave from here, CITS (most people go to the Yungang Caves, Hanging Temple & Wooden Pagoda with CITS.....) are at the station , & pretty much everybody is going to LEAVE from the station.....
The hotel lets you leave your luggage with them once you've checked out, so you can pick it up before leaving on a late train. They'll also rent rooms for 2, 3 or 4 hours, which is practical if you're waiting to leave.
Clean, basic double was 290Y in April2012. I've stayed here 3 times now & never had a problem.
The ground floor restaurant is very good. Buffet breakfast is huge. Small bar serves beer & wine.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We were there three days. The hotel is located opposite the railway station, which is a plus. From the outside looks like new and very modern, but inside you will see years of use. Clean rooms, cleaned daily. Bathrooms old and damaged, require renovation. Breakfast is varied, a lot of European cuisine, but also Chinese cuisine. The downside is that unfortunately staff does not speak English.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family