All reviews great hotel buffet dinner western choices shopping mall modern design fitness center very pleasant stay business china starbucks apps tub furniture english cleanliness taxi concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

Great breakfast buffet from 6:30 AM to 10 AM. The fitness center opens at seven. The room was nice with a king bed and a great shower. The Internet is a little inconsistent but the staff was attentive, the room was clean and comfortable, and I felt safe.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
General_ManagerQD, General Manager at Himalayas Qingdao Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2019

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the Himalayas Qingdao Hotel and sharing your recent trip review. I am particularly happy to read that you are satisfied with our facilities and our team members’ service for you. We encourage our team members to create more ‘Extraordinary Moments’ for our guests and we believe it will make the hotel more unique and special.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in your next trip to Qingdao and please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance on your next visit via gm.qingdao@himalayashotels.com

Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

Basically a standard hotel. Not necessarily five star level. Very interesting is the bath.

Exceptional polite is staff in the front desk area. Exceptional also the de facto non existing service in the breakfast area. I have never seen such a bad service in any of my China travels. Basically there is no service staff, working. Nobody cleans up the tables. So bad that I just judged this hotel with three stars.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
General_ManagerQD, General Manager at Himalayas Qingdao Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your sharp review and there were clearly certain areas of service where the hotel underperformed and was unable to deliver the standard of service to which our guests have become accustomed. We really appreciated for your advice on service in restaurant, and I would like to assure you that the issues you have highlighted are taken very seriously by the executive committee and are being addressed with the individual department heads, we will certainly organize more service training to improve.

Thanks again that your comments are greatly appreciated and help us to identify areas within the hotel where we need to make improvements to ensure services are maintained at the levels expected. If I can be of any assistance to you for future visits please do not hesitate to contact me directly via gm.qingdao@himalayashotels.com

Reviewed December 9, 2018

I stated there for two nights.
The hotel is not a luxury one at all even Maybe a little old-fashioned but the room is quit big and useful. the price is also reasonable and less than half of a 5 star hotel. of course it is not comparable but if you want a wonderful breakfast or a very appetizing buffet dinner (not free), you can choose Himalayas Hotel.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
General_ManagerQD, General Manager at Himalayas Qingdao Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2018

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Routine is frequently associated to something boring... but in Qingdao Himalayas Hotel, routine has a different dimension... I spend several stays during the year in this modern, beautiful, comfortable hotel but the most important is that there is plenty of kind people looking after the guests to make everyone’s stay as optimal as possible no matter the reason that led you to Qingdao. This is their routine... we, guests, are their everyday routine, an OPTIMAL routine...
Thank you very much to all the team and a special thanks to Frank in the front desk and Stanley in the restaurant!!
Hope to be back soon!!
Ed Nocquet

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
General_ManagerQD, General Manager at Himalayas Qingdao Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on business for 1 night recently. Hotel was booked by colleague who was staying nearby.

1st thing that struck me was the odd shaped room that was a bit curved. Maybe its because my room was at the end of the corridor.

So things are not at the places we have grown to expect them to be. But take nothing away from this hotel..it was still a great stay!

There were also 2 local food stalls a short walk away from the hotel if you had the hunger pangs at night.

The standalone bathtub however was leaking..so it made the whole bathroom wet. Rather dangerous if you asked me, especially if you had to wake up in the middle of the night to visit the bathroom in the dark.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank archenemy
General_ManagerQD, General Manager at Himalayas Qingdao Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the Himalayas Qingdao Hotel and sharing your recent trip review. I am sorry to hear that the leaking bathtub borthered you during your stay in Himalayas, we have arranged to check and solve the problems which you mentioned.