“Had a good time”

Book In Advance
More Info
$441.00*
and up
2-Day Qingdao Tour: Catedral de San Miguel, Laoshan Mountain and Qingdao Beer...
Ranked #2 of 297 things to do in Qingdao
More attraction details
Owner description: One of China's most celebrated scenic areas, Laoshan presents a panorama of mountains, cliffs, waterfalls and temples.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We took a taxi from our hotel (city center) to Laoshan. The driver asked for RMB 400 but we insisted on using the meter and than paid RMB 77. Return - same game, the drivers (we asked a few) wanted RMB 100 but we found the honest soul which used the meter and we paid RMB 53 for the return trip to the city.
We took the bus from the ground station to the cable car station. The 15/20 min. cable car ride offers some nice views. From the top station we walked up to Jufeng top which is about 40 minutes of climbing stairs. We did that well before noon and it was mostly walking in the shade. On top we enjoyed grand views and had our lunch which we brought with us. Thank god we were early, before the Chinese arrived and voided the peacefulness. We than walked down all the way to the bus stop, lot's of stairs. It took us about 1 1/2 hours going down at a leisurely speed. We enjoyed some more wonderful views along the way and only met a few people along the way, on a Monday.
The bus rides up and down were uneventful. Even though you get some chances to look a great scenery and some artwork along the way. Some I wished I could have stayed a bit to look at a little more closely. On the foot of the mountain is a lot of construction going on at this point in time.
Upon arrival visit the tourist office/luggage storage which is located to the right of the ticket office and you will find a map (not the greatest, but at least something) to take along if you wish. The entrance fee is quite steep RMB 120 p.P.. Cable car one way RMB 40 p.P.
There are toilets at all the "tourist stations". Some are better than others. You will find some gift stalls in the arrival area and food/tea stands along the way. Bargaining is a must.
We even found a nice staff girl helping us to find the right bus for our destination which spoke enough English to accomplish what was asked of her.

2  Thank Monika1958

Reviewed August 24, 2013

This outing should get four or even five stars as the scenery is beautiful. However the journey up and back to the cable car is one I never wish to experience again. Drivers in China are not known for their safe pleasant driving but this trip takes the biscuit. The minibus drive you HAVE to take from the ticket office at the bottom of the mountain to the cable car starting point and back again is one journey I will never do again. When the locals start screaming you know you are in trouble. Absolutely terrifying (and not in a good way).

2  Thank Dunsterville
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We went. What a waste. We got there - very confusing what your ticket acquired. We took shuttle buses to the various sites. No explanation as to why you were kicked off the shuttle buses here or there. Follow the Chinese tourists. Climb stairs. One never saw much. Super dirty restrooms with no doors on the stalls. We could go on and on. Simply don't go unless you speak Chinese and want to be rushed around.

2  Thank RT1971
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Do not take those tour cabs who offer a ride to laoshan. They will start with a price and then ask for more once it's finished. Once you arrive at laoshan, there's a 5 minutes cable car to the top with fake carvings in rocks and superficial scenery. At the top of the mountain, you can see the sea and some parts of qingdao, though I've seen much better sites. I went to a tea house nearby and people were desperately trying to sell me overpriced green tea. They were extremely obnoxious and persistent. For what it's worth, I don't think it's worth visiting Laoshan. Walking by the seashore and tasting the famous sea foods is a much better alternative.

3  Thank Dawei113
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was with a tour group for a conference. After getting our tickets we had a special bus take us to the mountain. Then we climbed stairs the entire way. I never made it to the end. I didn't think it was anything special (after being to Denali and the Rocky Mountains) this was somewhat pedestrian. There were vendors the entire way also which I wasn't used to after the national parks in the United States.