Hyatt Regency Qingdao
$62
Priceline
$67
Trip.com
All reviewsmarket cafegreat hoteldegree celsiusbeach walkingclub levelmorning runefficient servicessea viewpeking duckbusiness tripbreakfast buffet isindoor swimming poolspent nightshigher floorshort staychoose this hotelchinese restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had the pleasure of staying 5 nights at this rather new Hyatt property.

Located on the beach this Hyatt property is a great place to stay for business or relax.

We stayed in one of their suites facing the ocean. Great view of ocean. Plenty of room for my wife and three year old. Modern design, clean with all the ementities one could want.

I highly recommend dining at their exclusive resteraunt called 88. Food was fresh, delicious and a great value.

We had breakfast every morning at their Market Cafe. Again, service was great. Wide array of western and Asian dishes to satisfy any pallet.

The best part of our stay was the newly open Club Member area. The evening hourdorvrs, drinks were freshly prepared by the on site chef. We were very well taken care of and the staff here was well trained and catered to our every need. Exceptional view from the very exclusive Club Terrace. Kris, Tommy, Tim and the rest of the staff were fantastic to us.

The only small downgrade was not the hotels problem, yet a environmental and social problem while living / traveling in China. This was in part the rather dirty beach and occational Asian guests with marginal social graces. Nothing terrible.

I highly recommend this Hyatt property to anyone staying in the Qingdao area.

Great job Hyatt team!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank jeb1969
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Spent 3 nights in this new hotel and enjoyed it immensely. We originally booked a club room but the club floor wasn't ready when we arrived so we were lucky to stay in a corner king suite that was incredible - more like an apartment! It overlooked the beach and was very well appointed with a wonderful bathroom and L'Occitane toiletries. The staff were very accommodating and friendly. The Market Place café has a good selection of local and western foods but the night we dined in the Donghai 88 restaurant was memorable. The service was excellent and the food superb. We arrived on Sunday when the beach was packed with people. Taking a walk early in the evening we were shocked to see the amount of rubbish left behind but a team of cleaners was out there next morning clearing up. Would definitely stay there again though and highly recommend this hotel. The finishing touches were still being made but this didn't interfere with our stay at all.

Room Tip: Book a suite if you can - fantastic!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Just checked out this morning after staying 3 nights. It was my first time at Hyatt as I usually stay in Spg, Hilton or Radisson... But it was remarkable stay. The hotel is brand new (room even smelled a bit like new!), it is impressive inside with quality finish and simple, modern design. Rooms are really big with huge bathroom (both shower and tub), small wardrobe (!) and big space around the bed. Service is high quality (as per my experience in China), the food (Market Cafe - buffet dinner) was very tasty with wide selection of meals.
Gym and pool - good as for per hotel standard (there are usually mini gyms and big tubs, not pools).
Location - well, it's a trick. On one hand, the building is on the beach, but hotel lacks own beach (I mean own space with sunbeds, suntowels etc) - this is status for early June 2013!
It is in Qingdao, but the distance to the centre (pier) is over 20km (30 mins by taxi, 60 CNY) - almost same distance as to airport.
Interestingly, I could not catch taxi in the centre that would like to bring me and my wife back - drivers after seeing the destination were refusing to go. I succeded with 6th or 7th car... Next time I'll take the bus (317 has stop in front of the hotel and it goes almost to the centre, alongside the coastline).
Last but not least, there is little around the hotel (we found one good Korean restaurant, one bakery and two Chinese restaurants without English menu..)
So... I would recommend this place mainly for leisure (nice beach and view). It is worth coming even if you want to explore the centre.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Was there with my family this pass weekend. The place is very nice and most of the staff would try to make you feel welcome. The surrounding area is also comfortable. If you have been to China enough time, you will note that very often buildings are wonderful to admire from a distance but once you get up close, you will notice that its either empty or the place is hardly lit. they choose to almost let building waste away after they have erected them. Its sad really.

The lobby is very grand and manned by sufficient staff. The breakfast area is spacious. the rooms are well appointed, the bathroom and the main room are divided by a magic glass.

We noticed that every-so-often there is a lady who will walk the hallway of the rooms. The sad thing is she cannot find the effort to produce a smile or even a nod to her guests.

The staff at the breakfast area do not act quickly enough to cleaning up dirty dishes or clean up a table once the guests have left. They seem to have this mentality of doing less is better?!

Overall the experience is good, could be better if all the staff actually act as though they are in the hospitality business.

Room Tip: Ocean view room is a must.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have lived in China for 5 years and had the opportunity to stay in many hotels, I have to say this is the best. Its always a pleasure to stay in a hotel which is new and this was no exception. From the moment you walk in the door it is amazing. The staff have been well selected and excellent trained. The food in market cafe is also excellent. The location on the door step of the beach makes for a perfect getway to relax from busy Beijing life. I cant wait to return in June. The only thing I would say is I hope the local goverment clean up the beach a little around the hotel. Well worrth a visit to this hotel !!!!

Room Tip: Delux King is excellent
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo