$130
$104
$50
$41
2,224 results
All reviewscity wingshang palaceq barold winghorizon clubservice managerexcellent hotelperfect staybusiness tripbreakfast buffetitalian restauranthome away from homef bhong kongnoodlesnon smoking roomvalley
Reviewed June 22, 2010

This was my first time at this Shangri-La property and it was even much better than my previous stays at Dalian and Fuzhou that were very good.

The room was very clean and very comfortable. The service all around the hotel was simply very good and you can see how well the management train their staff to make sure their guests will come back again, something that I will do for sure next time I come to Qingdao.

The coffee shop is also very good and one night I had an excellent buffet for dinner at very reasonable prices that include the famous Tsingtao beer as well.

A perfect choice for your stay in Qingdao if you need to be in downtown area.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Prayanak
Reviewed June 1, 2010

We stayed at the new Valley Wing. We were greeted by beautifully presented ladies who escorted us individually to our rooms and ensured that we were happy with our accomodation.
The quality of the rooms was very special. L'occitane toiletries, magnificent bathroom with twin basins and even TV built into the bathroom mirror! Quality marble everywhere. Beds were king with several cushions and pillows.
Happy hour with free drinks was available to the Valley Wing guests and the same lounge served as a private breakfast room where free internet access was available.
A free meeting room was available to us for meetings, with coffee and note pads etc, making it a very congenial atmosphere for work.
The foyer area was beautiful and the absence of ambient noise gave the whole place a wonderfully restful atmosphere.
The restaurant served very good food which unfortunately we only experienced for a quick lunch but the design of the place was superb.
There was nothing too much for the staff and you only had to look around to have someone ask if they could help.
We were so impressed with the hotel that we wished that we could have stopped right there in Qindao and have all the rest of our business partners from around China fly in to meet us in the Shangri La !
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank boratri
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I found the Shangri-La in Qingdao to be the best hotel I stayed at on my recent trip to China. Everything was fantastic, from the overall property to the room to the service to the breakfast, even the in-house nightclub was fun. I stayed in the older wing of the hotel (despite a very scripted upsell attempt to the new wing on check-in!), and I thought it was quite charming. It is perhaps a tiny bit worn, but it has the character of a traditional 5 star British hotel, which I rather enjoy.

I also happen to think it's an exceptional value overall, though perhaps not relative to other hotels in Qingdao. Regardless I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else if/when I return. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank pw_sf
Reviewed February 13, 2010

After three years away from the Shangri La chain, I would rate my two night stay in Qingdao as good, but with a few reservations. The reception was elegant and the front desk staff are a credit to the hotel - friendly and warm. My corner room was spacious, but the carpet was marked and the selection of tv channels poor. Wiring was hanging out of a socket in the hallway outside, which didn't inspire much confidence. The high speed internet worked well, however.

Breakfast was in the cafe on the ground floor - a very spread out area with a circumnavigation of multiple cooking stations required. For some reason, the yoghurt was not cold - it is is a chilled cabinet but with glass to stop any punters touching it, so the staff put out pots which soon become luke-warm (yuck). Strawberry pulp juice was a novel touch, and the capuccino was of a high quality. The carrot juice wasn't fresh however, and clearly came from a bottle of V8 or equivalent. If you are paying extra for breakfast I would recommend to try a coffee shop outside as it is not good value

Good but not great...

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank George H
Reviewed January 3, 2010

This is typical Shangri-La property -- excellent service, very good rooms and very close to the center of town. I like the Intercon slightly better because of its location on the ocean but this is still a good place to hold meetings.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business