$130
$51
$41
Priceline
2,224 results
All reviewscity wingshang palaceq barold winghorizon clubservice managerexcellent hotelperfect staybusiness tripbreakfast buffetitalian restauranthome away from homef bhong kongnoodlesnon smoking roomvalley
Reviewed April 14, 2009

For business trips I am staying at the Shangri La several times during the last years. It has always been a pleasureable experience. The Shangri La rooms in the old building are dark but still well maintained and comfortable. Compared to the prices in the new Valley Wing they offer good value for money. The service is immaculate and staff very friendly. My personal favourite is the gym and femal Spa area, that is usually never crowded and is the perfect place to relax from a day at work. The Q-Bar is the same great place - though less crowded the last months. Breakfast buffet is great, actually too much choice for my taste, I do not need the Kimchi near me in the mornings.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2008

This was my first stay at the Shangri-La Qingdao. I love Shangri-La hotels as they combine Asian elegance with modern luxury for the harried business-- or the resort traveler.
I had to fly in for a business meeting and landed mid day. Thankfully, my regional sales manager had booked me at the new Valley Wing, which is equivalent to the Horizon Club level in other Shangri-La hotels. they efficiently checked me in, got me tea and cold water, and booked me a car. The club levels are typically staffed with pretty young women, who speak good english, and understand traveler's needs and are very service oriented. This is quite different than many lower end hotels in China.
Some Tips:
1) Stay in the Valley Wing. It's brand new. A little more expensive but the whole wing is up-scale and service oriented.
2) There is food included in the morning - for fast get-away breakfast, as well as happy hour in the evening from 5-7 with appetizers and wine/alcohol included. You can actually just eat that for dinner.
3) If you get back late (say 10pm), and have made friends with the ladies running the lounge previously and are sweet to them, they will stealthily pour you wine and chat with you, even though the "happy hour" is over.
4) Ask for many bottles of water when you arrive so you don't have to worry about it later, like when you get back to your room in the middle of the night

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank AsiaTrvler
Reviewed July 4, 2008

Excellent hotel. Here comes my short review:

Pro's:
- Hard to beat service from entire staff. Excellent training provided
- Excellent breakfast (choose from Chinese, Western, Korean or Japanese)
- Nice rooms
- Short walk to the beach

Con's:
- None really. Except if you don't like to be pampered. Language skills from staff could be improved a little.

I would stay there anytime again. Strong recommendation!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2008

I have just stayed at the Valley Wing at this hotel it is absolutely lovely. Huge rooms550 sq ft, fabulous bathroom, the price was under $200 Breakfast is included in the price as is high speed internet by cable and there is also WiFi. A large flat screen TV and DVD player in the room even a smaller one in the mirror in the bathroom, in fact you can open the side of the bathroom (yes I know this sounds weird but it is true) and watch TV from the bath. Fabulous buffet breakfast they even got me breakfast when I turned up at 10.30am Attentive staff free drinks all day in the 20th floor lounge what more could they do. Also it very peaceful away from but attached to the main hotel which can be very busy.Yes the hotel car is a little expensive taxis are cheaper but when my flight was very late arriving, after midnight it was good to see someone waiting to collect me.I would also say that if you are spending time in Asia join the Shanri La club the benefits are great. Again what a fabulous place the Valley Wing is, if only all hotels were this good.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2008

I delayed writing a review of the hotel in hopes of dulling my disappointment with our stay in the new expensive Valley View Wing. The rooms are wonderfully appointed but avoid Room 965. Next door, Room 966, stores hotel bedding, room supplies, etc. and the staff congregate, some in the room others in the hallway outside the usually ajar door. When we were in our room and the noise annoyed us, I spoke directly with the ever rotating staff. Upon check out I spoke with an assistant manager.
The creative interior design of Cafe Yum, does nothing to alleviate the chaotic breakfast buffet experience; the food just average. The staff works hard to keep up but confusion reigns. Upon check out we were charged for extra breakfast guests we never hosted. In contrast, the executive level breakfast buffet, the evening snack service and the wonderful staff met our expectations in all respects.
The ongoing construction in and next to the hotel was also troublesome. In retrospect our stay was indeed, a negative experience.
We found Qingdao to be an absolutely charming city. The city and residents are well prepared for the deluge of visitors arriving this summer. The Shangri-la has a ways to go.

Stayed: April 2008