“Customer focus... good!”

Ranked #1 of 1,645 Hotels in Qingdao
Beijing, China
“Customer focus... good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

I am a business man, working in Beijing.

Due to urgent business trip, after I arrived Beijing airport I recoganized that I left my Dell notebook's adapter at office.
And the next day morning, I still had a very important presentation at cutomer side which PPT was not completely prepared yet.
So, I had to phone call to Qingdao Shangri-La hotel service desk to ask for some help.
Due to Shangri la office computers were mainly HP brand. They kindly told me it was impossible to use in my Dell notebook. But they also said they would try to help me, and let me to ask for front desk during check in process after I arrived Qingdao hotel.

The happy ending was during my flight to Qingdao, Hotel's colleagus tried their best to find out a Dell adapter for me, for a strange guest.

Shangri-La,,, Well Done !!!

Thank you all...
========
Ms.Liu (cooperate with hotel colleaguses to borrow me
Dell adapter at almost mid night).
Mr.Zeta (who brought adapter from his home to me... Thanks a lot)
Ms.Winni (professional customer communincation)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

1 Thank Chengguang J
SLQCHINA, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Qingdao, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Chengguang J,

Thank you for choosing Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao and taking your time to share your experience in the hotel. I am delighted our colleagues exhibit our Shangri-La Care and went that extra mile to assist you.

Thank you for your feedback. I will certainly pass your kind note to Liu, Zata and Winni.

Henry Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
oslo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Stayed for four nights during a business visit. Rooms are nice and clean, and the hotel offers a very good breakfast. Internet was very poor. Was not able to work from the room. Also the air-conditioning seemed to be centrally controlled. The setting in the room did not matter. It was a bit warm, and I was not able to lower the temprature in the room. Apart from these two things, the rest of the facilities in the hotel, including the Gym were fantastic. Staff was polite but not as cheerful as I have seen in other hotels in China.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear arvid59,

Thank you for staying at Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao and for the compliments about our guest room, breakfast and gym. I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay but noted your disappointment on Internet access and air-conditioning. I have shared your feedback with all department heads related and will address the issues. We will work harder and improve our facilities and services.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Qingdao, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Even though my friend has residence in Qingdao, we decided to spend a little bit of time at this hotel. Fully enjoyed the Lounge, where we had a very relaxed experience. The food and beverages were nicely presented. Fully enjoyed Shang Palace dinner. It was crowded but service was impeccable. Quality of food was excellent. Stayed the night and enjoyed the buffet breakfast, though I must say the quality does not compare as well to other Shangri-La hotels. Nonetheless, it was still quite good. The only negative part was that there was no bath foam for the tub and upon inquiry, was given sea salt. Not exactly the same type of experience. Have enjoyed the Lounge several times in the past week. High value for the dollar. Will definitely continue to enjoy the hotel and give high recommendations.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SLQCHINA, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Qingdao, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear David Y,

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay in Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao. We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Beijing, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

We spent 3 nights at the hotel. I have to say that although the service is good, it is not the best Shangri-La 5 star I have stayed before. Service is not consistent across and you will find very good service in one area and is shocked to find bad ones in another area. The room is outdated and old and requires refurbishment.
Qbar at night is great and it is a good place to relax after a busy day out shopping or work. It was an average experience for us.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear swlee1,

Thank you for choosing Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao and sharing your comments with us. I am very disappointed to learn that on this occasion the hotel did not live up to the high standards of service and I am quite concerned about your feedback on the inconsistent service. Please accept my sincere apologies for the service shortfalls. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our Q Bar facilities.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. Your feedback is of utmost importance to us. Should you have any further comments and suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me at henry.lee@shangri-la.com. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

Stayed here for work for 3 weeks. Staff are very helpful and always very friendly, with many speaking english. Willing to help you with directions, where to shop, where to eat. The breakfast Buffet had a large selection to choose from. Western and Eastern.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear smd312,

Thank you for staying at Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao and your positive feedback. I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed our services and facilities.

I look forward to welcoming back to Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Second stay in last 3 months , always good services and always great experience, I enjoyed a lot fitness center and swimming pool, great amenities.
Wide and tasty food choice, breakfast at Yum is fantastic, staff is very nice and offer great support, QBar at night is superb.
Even if construction is going on at main entrance no major disturbance during the stay.
My favorite and preferred hotel choice in Qingdao. Raccomanded.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
SLQCHINA, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Qingdao, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear globetrottrer,

Thank you for your continued support to Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao. I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed our facilities and services during your recent stay with us, especially for our Food & Beverage and Health Club. We will certainly continue to work harder and improve our facilities.

Once again, thank you for your kind note.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed for business .. room is way outdated, as is the lobby and the floors. Carpets are fully stained, and it smells on floor (due to the stains). The airco does not function as an airco should. The room does not get fresh, but remains too warm. Complained, and a mechanic checked the system ... mentioned that the airflow was OK ... of course the airflow is OK, but it does not cool!

Room Tip: There is no room tip >> works are everywhere around the hotel.