$131
$104
$51
$41
2,222 results
All reviewscity wingshang palaceq barold winghorizon clubservice managerexcellent hotelperfect staybusiness tripbreakfast buffetitalian restauranthome away from homef bhong kongnoodlesnon smoking roomvalley
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

The service you get when you upgrade to traders floors is seriousely impressive and worth every penny . The amazing little touches in the room and the hand written notes left by Kathryn and Dennis the housekeepers were beyond expectation. Rooms was spotless and breakfast was sublime on the traders floor. Well done - this is what all hotels should be like.

• Stayed: May 2013
SLQCHINA, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Kurablue,

Thank you for sharing your experience in our hotel. My team and I are delighted to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities, especially with our Valley Wing. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not so distant fututre.

Thank you for choosing Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times a year, and recognize some of the staff ao Mr Gano who was helpful during my check out. I must add that your hotel is one of the reasons I continue to want to stay at Shangri-la wherever possible. Overall an excellent business hotel and it would indeed be surprising if you receive negative reports. Keep it up!
The "only" suggestion I have would have is for some variation in the breakfast buffet as I am sure like me, some of your more "regular" guests would certainly welcome perhaps something different every 2 days if not possible for some daily changes to brighten up our days!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
SLQCHINA, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear John,

Thank you for your comments and we are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback on our buffet breakfast was a topic of discussion with our relevant department heads concerned.

We are looking forward to exceeding your expectations during your next stay with us.Thank you for choosing Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed in this hotel several times in 2012 in valley wing when I was looking for apartments in Qingdao. I currently live in this hotel serviced apartments. I love this hotel, great staff and predictable very good service. The breakfast, cocktail hour, gym/pool, housekeeping, spa are very good. Cafe Yam, Da Vinci restaurants, Q-bar are also very good. The view from the hotel is not that great because of the high rises currently in construction blocking the sea view, but some part of the ocean is still visible. There is also metro construction going on, so sometimes it is a bit noisy, but bearable. The noise isolation is pretty good here. The location of the hotel is very good, close to may 4th square, sea and sailing marina.

Room Tip: There are two parts in the hotel: older part and newer. I always stayed in the valley wing (new), and like it a lot. The 20th floor lounge food is very good.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Marina,

Thank you for your feedback and support. We are delighted that you are enjoying our services and facilities. If you need any further assistance during your stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Thank you for staying at Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao!

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have to give it to the Shangri-La Qingdao. I've haven't seen more enthusiastic service on my travels for the longest time. The moment our limousine arrived at the hotel, a Guest Relations Officer was already waiting outside the entrance of the hotel (in the cold), ready to guide us to our room.

In-room check-in had six staff in our room (1018). One arranging the flowers, another the fruit tray (which is replenished daily), one heating and serving us Chinese tea, two bell boys arriving with our luggage and our Guest Relations Officer checking us in. Wow. The same level of attention and genuine smiles followed us throughout our entire stay.

Tips:
• The heated swimming pools are very nice with loungers, lifeguard(!) and tea service. Bring your own swim cap (if you don't have one, the hotel will loan you one).
• The Spa is a must-visit. Lovely facilities and therapists (Jasmine was spectacular). Both times, we didn't have to book ahead for treatment.
• The staff and venue of our Meeting Hall (China Hall 3) exceeded all expectations. Beautiful space and exceptional, intutive service.
• Breakfast buffet spread at cafe Yum is massive. Would prefer more attention to quality than quantity though.
• Our bed was super comfortable! Just as good as Westin's Heavenly Bed, if not better. Great pillows and duvet too.
• Housekeeping is fabulous. Twice daily and very through. They replenish your bottled water daily and your in-room fresh fruits too.
• It seems that everywhere in Qingdao, there's construction going on. If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room that doesn't face the building sites.
• The hotel provides an area map. If it's a nice day, it's an easy and very pleasant 15 mins walk to Carrefour. Two long block further, you'll come to Aeon with a nice supermarket. On the way back, head home via the waterfront. On weekends, you'll see local families kite-flying and enjoying the green spaces.
• The hotel also provides a recommended list of restaurants in the city. We walked (20 mins from hotel) to the Liang You Seafood Restaurant for local Shandong cuisine. Very interesting and clean food. English isn't well understood so make sure you bring along someone that speaks the language.

Finally the piece de resistance. On my last nite at the hotel, I ordered up room service because I was nursing a cold. Sunny Ding, who delivered my soup noticed I was unwell. Next thing I knew, she was at my door again, with a hot pot of ginger tea, "to help with the cold". And it did too! Thank you Sunny for the incredible gesture! I am so touched!

If you've never been to China before (this was my first time), Qingdao is a great introduction. It's safe, clean and modern. Best of all, I didn't get hassled once. If I return to this port city, you can be sure, it will be to this Shangri-La!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank happy2bealive
SLQCHINA, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear happy2bealive,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us. The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back to Shangri-La , Hotel Qingdao in the not too distant future.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Amazing hotel complex with restaurants of different kinds (Italian, Chinese, Barbecue). Staff is very friendly and helpful. Excellent breakfast buffet. Excellent choice for any pleasure or business trips in Qingdao.
As usual in China, there is a lot of construction going around. There is a large building in construction and Chinese workers start early / end late. Not much noise in the rooms but the traffic is a bit confuse in entrance and exit of building.

Room Tip: Please check with staff to avoid rooms facing the construction site neighbour to the building.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business