“Huiquan Dynasty Hotel”

Huiquan Dynasty Hotel
Ranked #30 of 1,711 Hotels in Qingdao
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed here for one night on October 11th. I have stayed at the Intercontinental and Shangri-la in Qingdao and the view from this hotel is amazing. One of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. The room was very clean, but dated. However, for the cost, I would stay here before the other two hotels I stayed in before.
Great hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed here for a Sino-Swedish conference. The rooms are big and comfortable with a lovely view on to the sea. The staff are efficient and friendly. My wish list would be to have one TV channel with English... Otherwise this ood as it gets. The hotel is right next to the water and easy place to go jogging from along he shore or around the park next door.Space is everywhere and the city is interesting because of the mountains, the beer street and the huge harbor.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed at Huiquan Dynasty hotel for 4 nights during the business trip in June. Despite average reviews and complaints about bad smelling rooms I still decided to stay here and would say it was a good joice. The room was very clean and well equipped including all bathroom accessories, tea and coffe making tools. Everything you need during your stay is available. Yes, the bathtube was a bit worn out but nothing exeptional.
I loved the location at the seaside with beatuful panoramic view during every breakfast at 25th floor restaurant. While sitting at breakfast table about 1 hour you can enjoy 360 degree view around the hotel as part of the restaurant sitting area is turning around. Breakfast itself was wonderful with many many choices, mostly Asian-type dishes but even pizzas were avaiable.
They have a huge fitness centre but no one was using this. And they have a pool as well what you can use after the medical inspection they carry before entering. At least that was written onto the note board.
Most of the reception staff did not speak English and checking in process was a bit time consuming. Cleaning was done two times a day and lovely notes were left onto your bed by personnel for communication.
When I had a problem with internet connection they sent a help right away to my room. No WIFI but cable network is avaiable in the room and not very fast.
I can suggest this hotel and would definitely stay here again if I have to come back to Qingdao.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We have traveled throughout China and alternate between Chinese and western hotels. We have grown to expect the very firm beds (by western standards "hard") and at the same time welcome the lower prices in Chinese hotels. The challenge is that the furniture was also traditional thick wood with hard backs and not comfortable to lounge around in.

We booked a suite with a separate bedroom, mini-bar, dining table, and living room. The view from the balcony was beautiful but was small. Only one person at a time could fit. I looked around and didn't see any bigger balconies so I expect they were just for show.

The roof top restaurant revolves for a nice view. Unfortunately breakfast was chaotic and we ended up circling several times and then sat at a dirty table when people left. Our teenage kids had to sit at a separate table.

The breakfast buffet was included in the room and had a great selection of western and Chinese dishes. Lots of choices and much better than expected.

The beach is right across the street. Even though I've lived in China 6 1/2 years, I am still amazed at the different cultures between chinese and americans at the beach. American's and Europeans lay out on towels and soak up the sun. Chinese usually stay standing and are almost always clustered together in groups enjoying the waves and water. Many children using the sand for toilets. We kept our shoes on.

Overall, I would recommend the hotel. The price was very reasonable. Bedrooms and bathrooms were VERY clean. And, don't forget to visit "Qingdao Beer Street" and enjoy some great seafood!

Room Tip: We had a suite for us (parents) and a low cost room for our teenagers. They fit 3 in a room - no pr...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank china_mom101
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I had read a few reviews before picking this hotel and wasn't sure what to expect. I thought this hotel was great. Check in was no problem and had a great room facing the ocean. The hotel room itself was very clean. I had read a couple of reviews saying that their was mold or leaks in the bathroom but did not have that problem.
As for dining it was nice to have a few different options. I liked them all the Japanese style restaurant was not bad however there were two cooks on there cell phones and goofing around behind the sushi counter. But the food was good. The two bars were nice. However the lobby bar did not have music as was advertised so it was just a little too quite.
Service was great all around. Ran into to no problems and all staff was more than helpful with questions or suggestions. All aspects of the hotel were clean and nice.
I am planning another trip to Qingdao and will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2010

We stayed at the Huiquan in late September. Loved the location right across from the beach-- but had to be extra careful crossing the busy road to access the beach. Too bad it wasn't bathing suit weather, nevertheless, strolling on the beach in the late afternoon was refreshing.

The hotel is managed well, and the staff are trained well. We especially noted that the staff spoke in quiet voices, as opposed to the annoying shouting that we've experienced at other hotels in China.

Our room faced a park in the back of the hotel. The night we stayed, there was an outdoor concert in the park, but it was over by 9 p.m., and things were quiet after that. Our room was clean and comfortable. All electric appliances were in working order. We had no problem with the internet connection either. We really liked that the linens, towels, and bathrobes were really white, and not grayish that's so common at other Chinese hotels. I keep wondering when the Chinese will learn to use some bleach in their laundry process.

Be aware of a few drawbacks of the rooms: First, the bedsheets are way too crisp, to the point of being annoyingly noisy and uncomfortable every time one moved or turned in bed. The hotel should definitely switch to sateen sheets. Second, the "wall" between the shower stall in the bathroom and room itself is an opaque glass. This design is really awful because of lack of privacy, especially when the bathroom light is on. Third, when using the wash basin, the water splashes everywhere, and this was with the water flow on low. This is because of the basin's design as well as the fact that the drain was clogged. We had to surround the basin with a couple of towels to soak up the water on the counter top.

I would recommend this hotel mainly for its great beachside location.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2009

For those of you looking for the ultimate in luxury, look elsewhere. For those of you wanting a great hotel at a very reasonable rate, in the best location in Qingdao... look no further than this hotel! Some of the older rooms are in need of renovation, but the seaview rooms on the front are excellent. Food in the revolving restuarant is a delicious mix of many cultures, so there should always be something even for the most discerning visitor, and that view makes every meal a real pleasurable experience.

I have found the staff to be very helpful without being intrusive. Almost all speak English, sometimes limited, but quickly find all the help you will need. Of course you may encounter slight problems, but no major dramas. I have lived in this hotel on business for many occassions, and extended periods, and find it both charming and modernly efficient.

Qingdao is full of every style of restaurant you could want, but for my taste there would be no need to eat out too often. In fact I'd choose to dine in the hotel not just for the convenience but the variety and quality. Want to impress a friend, family or business collegue? Dine in the sky in the evening!

I am informed that the hotel will be demolished in 2010 to be completely rebuilt in the same location as a genuine 5 star-deluxe hotel, but I am sure the new prices will reflect the upgraded status. But in Qingdao you will not find better value with this view!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business