“GREAT HOTEL!”

Ranked #9 of 1,659 Hotels in Qingdao
“GREAT HOTEL!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

My family stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.
All the staffs were very helpful.
This Buffet restaurant workers were very friendly. Gateman were also very freindly.
All the saffs were helpful.
The location was very good to go to the sea and there were many buses. You can also enjoy the seafood in the street of taste on foot(I'm not sure that it's name of that street).
However, there was two problems.
First, the pool was a bit small. It was clean and not crowded at daytime, but it was very crowded at dinnertime.
Also, there were the matter vomitted on the curtain. I didn't tell it to the front desk because everything except this was great. It just my advice to clean it. (room number 1720)
When I visit Qingdao again, I will book here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 228narij
HolidayInnQingdao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear 228narij,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre and taking your precious time to share with us your experience during your recent stay.

I am glad to know that you and your family experienced a good stay and were satisfied with our service of our hotel! I appreciate your compliments to our service staff! Meanwhile, I’ve shared your comment on the cleanness of the curtain to our Executive Housekeeper to follow up immediately and enhance the inspection of room cleanness by supervisor, in order to meet you and other guests’ expectations in future.

Being our valued guest, your opinion and feedback is extremely important to us, as it will help us to further enhance and shape our service in delivering a truly memorable and authentic experience to our guests.

Again, thanks for your comment and recommendation. Look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre soon.

Have a good day!

Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I recently stayed at this property for 3 nights.. Upon check-in, the front desk failed to recognise that I was a Platinum IHG member and just offered me a normal room, which was old and had seen better days.. I tried to explain that Platinum members normally get upgraded, but no one seemed to speak good English and just gave me a strange look ?? I asked to speak to the Manager, he or she was not available and no one seemed to care... On the second night, I asked the front desk to change my room, as the guests next door, were smoking, on a floor that was supposed to be non smoking !!

Overall, the service was very poor and I would not recommend this hotel if you are travelling on business. Its OK if you''re on holiday and you need a pace to sleep and prefer an overcrowded restaurant during breakfast and speak Chinese... There are many other hotels better than this in Qingdao, and much cheaper..

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Vas S
HolidayInnQingdao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Vas S,

Firstly, I would like to extend my sincere apology for the inconvenience and disappointment brought to you, which we were not able to accomplish your expectations of service this time. I’ve shared your comment to Front Office Manager to follow up and reinforce the service training to front desk staff, in order to meet you and other guests’ expectations in future.

Being a valued member of our IHG Rewards Club loyalty program, your opinion and feedback is extremely important to us, as it will help us to further enhance and shape our service in delivering a truly memorable and authentic experience to our guests. I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and I hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre for your future travel needs. Please contact me via eddy.li@ihg.com once you plan your next trip and I will personally make sure you have a nice stay with us.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed at this hotel during a spur-of-the-moment pleasure trip to Qingdao during the first week of July 2014. We only booked the hotel on Holiday Inn's website a few hours before arrival, and wow, it was really expensive! We got the smallest, least expensive room available (a standard twin room) and with tax and 15% service charge, it came out to $169 USD! I haven't seen such an expensive Holiday Inn in China before, outside of maybe downtown Beijing or Shanghai. Unfortunately, since we were booking last-minute we didn't have a lot of selection, which is probably part of the reason it was so expensive. I would recommend the standard rooms in this hotel for a rate of $100-$120 USD including tax and service charge, but no higher...

Otherwise, the hotel was very good, definitely up to Holiday Inn standards, although relatively small (shower but no tub in the bathroom). The breakfast buffet was okay, but as another reviewer mentioned, it gets very crowded. Staff were wonderful, very friendly and efficient.

Location: For tourists, the location is just okay, it's about a 10-15 minute walk from the pier where you can stroll along the ocean. For other tourist attractions, you need to take a taxi, though I think this is true of any hotel in Qingdao, because it's a fairly spread-out city. For any sort of "nightlife" atmosphere, the cab ride is about 20 minutes down to the old town area of Qingdao. We had a couple of issues with cab drivers not wanting to take us back to the hotel at night (they would rather stay in the old town area) but eventually were able to find a cab driver willing to take us. I think that the location of this hotel is more oriented towards business travelers than tourists since it's right in the business district. That said, it seemed more centrally located than the Holiday Inn Parkview location, which we also considered (maybe the Parkview is more of a "family resort" style?).

Overall: I recommend this hotel, but at a more reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnQingdao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear ChiGalOutNAbout,

I am glad to know that you were satisfied with our service and facilities in our hotel! The city of Qingdao is one of the most popular vacation destinations in summer, that’s why the prices of most hotels are higher than usual. There are some promotions for advanced booking which I suggest you join in and book early next time to get more discounts.

Our hotel has opened for three years, with its great location in downtown, (surrounded by Olympic Sailing Centre, May 4 Square, shopping mall, city hall and Carrefour) it will become the best choice for both business and leisure travelers in Qingdao.

Again, thanks for your comment and recommendation. Look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre soon.

Have a good weekend!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My two teenage daughters and I stayed for four nights in this hotel in June 2014. We stayed in a twin room where the room is very clean and big enough to open up three medium size suitcases. The bed and pillows are very comfortable. There is one of the day when we came back at the afternoon, our room was not cleaned yet. So we went down to the reception to call the house keeper to get it done and we had to sit at lobby to wait for our room.

Buffet breakfast is good, with sufficient choices of western and Chinese food. But it was very crowded during weekend morning. We have to queue up at the entrance to wait for our table. For those who can't wait, you will be given two plastic containers to pack your food and take away.

Since there is no subway in Qingdao, every time we went out we have to take taxi or bus. Taking taxi from the hotel is easy, I'd your prefer to take bus, the bus stop is a few minutes walk away. Carrefour hypermarket is next door where you can buy some drinks or snacks or toiletries.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnQingdao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear KHYap,

I am so glad to know that you and your family experienced a good stay in our hotel! Regarding to your comment on room cleanness and breakfast covers on weekends, I’ve shared it with hotel management team to follow up and take action accordingly, in order to provide better service upon your next visit.

Have a good weekend!

Hong Kong
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Excellent location in the main financial district. Easy access to the waterfront. Clean and big rooms with nice view of the sea. Excellent, proactive and friendly service. I had a small problem with the air conditioner and the engineering staff attended to it immediately and fixed it. Buffet breakfast had a good selection of food. The coffee was surprisingly good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnQingdao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear NextStopTheMoon,

I am so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with our service and facilities of our hotel! Our hotel has opened for three years, with its great location in downtown, as you mentioned, (surrounded by Olympic Sailing Centre, May 4 Square, shopping mall, city hall and Carrefour) it will become the best choice for both business and leisure travelers in Qingdao.

With Best Regards,

Chengdu, China
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Really couldn't fault this hotel - the rooms were spotless, the staff well trained and the facilities were perfect - and what it made it even sweeter the room rate was excellent - 600RMB for a night, which included breakfast for two of us.

its not often you go to a hotel and find everything right up to the mark but this hotel is one of them - they were pretty much full but there was no waiting and service was done with a smile and you could tell that the staff had a great training program in place because everyone was attentive and professional.

For a business trip or a holiday visit to Qingdao this hotel has to be in the list of places to stay - located right in the centre of the city and only a short walk from the waterfront.

We'll be back, thats for sure, on the next trip to Qingdao.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear PenDreighton,

I am so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with our service and facilities of our hotel! I appreciate your recommendation and compliments to our staff! We aim to deliver a truly “Stay Real Be You” service to our guests, which will make you relax and feel like home.

With Best Regards,

Shanghai, China
Reviewed June 16, 2014

The hotel is in the centre of the city , nearby the government building. It is very convenient to go to many scenic spots by bus , even on foot. The rooms are clean, the beds and pillows are comfortable . Especially , the hotel provides 4 kinds of pillow at least. The staff are well trained, everyone will say hi with lovely smile on face when meet guest.

Room Tip: The higher , the better.