“Warmth, attitude, care, safety-you get all these”

Ranked #10 of 1,659 Hotels in Qingdao
Qingdao, China
“Warmth, attitude, care, safety-you get all these”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I had been one of the earliest patrons of this property two years before, when only seven floors were open. As I had predicted at that time, this hotel would climb up to the top or atleast will need to be rated around the top- for its service and endeavor by its staff determined to steer it to the top; that I find remarkably true. In a span of two years, I could see they ave tightened up their shortcomings, they endeavor to get the best out of every staff. Good marks for their managerial staff and HR. if I need to single out a person as an example to depict how this property climbed to the top ten, u could see from the attitude of their duty manager Monica...( I do not know her Chinese name). She seems to have wheels under her feet, found everywhere.....I could also appreciate other staff like their exec lounge manager Ursula, Kelvin.....all of them vying with each other on what is called "SERVICE".....atleast they make you feel at home. Full marks for the ever hard working staff that keep everywhere tidy and spread the typical fragrance of Holiday Inn. Great strides have the services of concierges gone through. good work. even the excellent service to the airport is a wonderful feature here. Health center and swimming pool add to its value. But all virtues, they still fall short of they are really capable of. This property can do even better as I find they are fully equipped to be on the top. Food, they should focus, entertainment, need to fill-in, taxi services, need improvement, city guide service from concierges need refinement, in-room dining for sure need to depart from the stale menus of all Holiday Inns.....need some services like having discount vouchers for various inhouse and outdoor shopping/entertainment activities, food coupons, etc. this should go the extra way in mounting this property atop. In general, a well recommended property, where people are willing to listen to you and give the feeling that you are cared for.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank VAS1586
HolidayInnQingdao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear VAS1586,

Thank you for your continuing support to Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre since hotel opened and taking your precious time to post your comments.

I’m glad to know that you were satisfied with our hotel during your recent stay. Your compliments to our staff and the services delivered are much appreciated, which will definitely motivate our staff to serve you better in future. I’ve made note of your suggestions as well what you told to our duty manager during your stay that you felt we have room to improve, such as entertainment, taxi services and city guide services, food varieties and etc. which will be shared with my team to take action accordingly.

Being a valued member of our Priority Club loyalty program, your opinion and feedback is extremely important to us, as it will help us to further enhance and shape our service in delivering a truly memorable and authentic experience to our guests.

Again, thank you for your comment and support in these two years. The achievement of ranking Top 5 we get relies on the continuing support by many guests like you. I’m looking forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre soon.

Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Superb value for the suite room that came with executive club lounge access, free 2 pc laundry everyday, and 50 rmb of minibar items per day. Location is good right behind carrefour. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Only complain is room can be noisy at times as it's facing roads and a carpark.

Room Tip: The club access is definitely worth the extra paid for
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kuni D
Dear Kuni D,

Thanks for your staying at Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre and taking your precious time to share with us your experience during your stay at our hotel.

I’m so glad to know that you feel it a great value for staying at our hotel. I appreciate your compliments to the services delivered by our staff, which will motivate our staff to serve our guests better in future. Regarding to the room noise you mentioned, you could send me your full name via my email eddy.li@ihg.com and I will put a remark into your personal profile to make sure to block higher floor for your every visit in future or you could ask for a higher floor when make booking and we will try our best to arrange a higher floor for you next time.

Again, thank you for your feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre soon.

Beijing, China
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was suggested to stay here due is location and club lounge service. we stayed here for about one week ,It's was very relaxing stay. the happy hour at 28th and the staff are friendly.very helpful
Overall i was impressed !
Make sure you book the club lounge room or you are the member , High speed WIFI.

Room Tip: I suggest club room at High floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kim T
Dear Kim T,

I’m so glad to know that you felt very relaxing at our hotel. I appreciate your compliments to the staff at club lounge, which will motivate them to serve our guests better in future. We aim to deliver a truly “Stay Real Be You” experience to our guests, which will make you relax and feel like home.

Again, thank you for your feedback and recommendation. Look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed for 10 nights on the 26th floor facing Carrefour with slight view of the sea.
Pros:
-room was spacious & clean, even has an ipod dock
-comfortable bed with both soft & hard pillows provided
-just next to Carrefour mall with eateries like KFC, Yong He, Ajisen, etc and across the road from starbucks, Haagen-Dazs, honeymoon dessert & a departmental store. there is also a food street within walking distance & Jusco mall.
-very service-oriented concierge and lobby lounge staffs. I had numerous parcels arriving everyday and the concierge supervisor and his team even personally went down to the courier office to collect one of my parcel for free when some misunderstanding arose resulting in the parcel being undelivered. Would like to compliment the supervisor and his team for the good service. In addition, I purchased 6 boxes of cookies from the lobby lounge and they originally came in rectangular plastic containers. After feedback to the lobby lounge staffs (I believed is Monica & her supervisor) that I wanted to give them away as gifts and hoped for a better presentation, they rewrapped all my cookies for me and even tied a ribbon around each container at no extra cost. Would like to compliment Monica and her supervisor for the good service too.

Cons:
-arrived at the hotel at 930am on the first day but there was no room available for early check-in although I have requested for it beforehand. was told that room will be available at 1030am and given a complimentary drink voucher at the lobby lounge.
-the hotel does not switch on the cooling function of the room's air-con during this period as the weather is still cold. hence the room can get quite hot.

Room Tip: -choose rooms facing morning sun as the ones with evening sun can make the room quite hot at the end...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jun_Alicia
Dear Jun_Alicia,

I’m glad to know you were satisfied with the services delivered by hotel staff and I appreciate for your compliments, which will motivate them to serve our guests better in future. I do appology for the room not ready although was early check-in and the cooling function was not on. Now the air-condition system is on and the room temperature is very comfortable. Our Engineering is monitoring it to make sure it is functional properly.

Shanghai
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Had two day training session here. Location is Ok and easy to reach. Room is semi clean. So nonsmoking room is "semi" smoking room. Cleaned with fresh air spray. Evening second day you feel it in your membranes and eyes. Cleanliness is average Chinese. Better use flippers provided by hotel.
Breakfast has options but do not expect miracles.
Meeting rooms at F3 are small and ventilation together with aircon is underdimensioned. Luckily it is not summer time yet.

The staff is very friendly and supporting. This compensates a lot and makes you feel a bit better.

If you are ready to compromise or are not sensitive, allergic, this could be something to consider. For me and my team it was a bit on the edge.

• Stayed May 2013
HolidayInnQingdao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear ShanghaiJyka,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre and taking your precious time to share with us your experience during your recent stay at our hotel. Being our valued guest, your opinion and feedback is extremely important to us, as it will help us to further enhance and shape our service in delivering a truly memorable and authentic experience to our customers.

I do apologize that we were not able to accomplish your expectation this time and I have made note of the particular area you felt that we have room to improve. Especially your comment on room cleanliness and meeting room temperature has been addressed with our Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer to follow up and take action accordingly. Also, your compliments to our staff will definitely motivate our team to improve further.

I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre for your future travel needs and I look forward to meeting with you next time.

Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Checked into club room, though we had a pressure sell to upgrade to a bigger room, South facing. Said no, but then he had another go at me. Declined unless it was a free upgrade, to which he smiled and handed me the key card.
Had a room on 25th floor which had evening sun and was very pleasant. Holiday Inns in China are good quality and better than the image you get from, say the UK. Club lounge was good and quiet, soft drinks all day and a happy hour later which was slightly early at 5.30-7.30. Friendly staff, good selection of drinks and snacks. Around 100RMB for a taxi from the airport and around 45 to the Tsingtao Museum

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dobson278
HolidayInnQingdao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear dobson278,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre and taking your precious time to share with us your experience at our hotel.

I’m glad to know that you experienced a pleasant stay in our hotel. I appreciate your compliments to us, which will motivate our staff to serve our guests better in future. With its great location (surrounded by Olympic Sailing Centre, the May 4 Square, shopping mall, city hall and Carrefour), our hotel will become the best choice for both business and leisure travelers in Qingdao.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've stayed in the hotel for more than one month. It's clean and well located. Breakfast is fine and fitness room and swimming pool too. Restaurant is poor, room essential compared to standard Chinese offers.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chiara S
HolidayInnQingdao, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Chiara S,

Thanks for your long time staying at Holiday Inn Qingdao City Centre and taking your precious time to share with us your experience during your stay at our hotel.

I have made note of the particular area you felt that we have room to improve, especially your comment on the restaurant which has been addressed with my team.