“Excellent hotel at a great value”

Le Meridien Qingdao
Ranked #17 of 1,663 Hotels in Qingdao
Weston, Florida
“Excellent hotel at a great value”
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Surprisingly one of the best Le Meridien Hotels I have stayed at in China.

From the lobby, to the restaurant(s), to the business center, the fitness center and especially the rooms . . . this place exceeded my expectations.

I was at first a little concerned because we were able to get such a deeply discounted rate and I was expecting there to be some "Special Reason" why the rates were so reasonable for a Le Meridien. So going into it I was expectign the worst.

I was totally relieved and surprised when we arrived. The staff could not be any more helpful if they tried, every staff member I made eye contact with went out of their way to say hello and they were all super helpful.

The food in the lobby restaurant was great and very reasonable, the coffee bar in teh lobby was very good too and is a good place to meet clients fo ra drink or cup of tea or coffee

Fitness center was good and well equiped and the staff in business center were better than my assistant who travels with me :-)

The rooms are beautiful and the beds are super comfortable and the bathrooms are huge with great water pressure in the shower. Also the free high speed interenet and WiFi is also and nice bonus that I really appreciated

The place is also very conveniently located to the business district so it is close to most places we had meetings and very easy to get a taxi

Be sure to look online for specials and discounted rates, they seem to be giving these during the summer and it makes a big difference when you can save 40%-50% per night . . . Joe Sloboda

I will definately stay here next time I need to come to Qingdao

Room Tip: We booked directly with the hotel and got great savings
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Boston
Reviewed June 19, 2011

extensive breakfast, good size rooms, large swimming pool, located adjacent to shopping center.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
LeMeridienQD, Administrative Assistant to General Manager at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear reviewer,

Thank your for your inspiring feedback. We are so pleasd you enjoyed a fulfilling stay.We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Be well,
Lilian
Shanghai, China
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Le Meridien is one of my favorite Hotel. The Qingdao Meridien hotel is pretty nice and trendy. However I was shock by the poor service there. I book a massage at the Spa. I wait for 15 min and nobody coming. Asking when the masseuse will be likely to come, no answer.
I was also surprised to be approached by hookers in the loby. I did expect Meridien hotel to be free from this kind of inconvenience. I left the hotel for another one. I made my comments to the duty manager but it looks like he was quite comfortable with the present situation.

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
LeMeridienQD, Manager at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Dear Mr.,

Greetings from Le Meridien Qingdao.

Thank you for having spent your valuable time to share your comments with us.

We sincerely apologise for the shortcomings you experienced regarding the SPA service and loby unpleasant issues. Please be rest-assured that we view your disappointment very seriously and necessary steps have been taken to exceed your expectations on future visits to Le Meridien Qingdao.

Once again, we thank you for your valuable time and hope that the negative experience will not deter you from future visits to Le Meridien Qingdao.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on future trips to Qingdao.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 19, 2011

This is our first time to Qingdao and we stayed in Le Meridien during the Lunar New Year holidays. I did some research online and decide to stay in this hotel because of its elegant and artistic style.

The taxi fare from the airport to the hotel is just about RMB 80. I have been told it would usually take about RMB 100 from the airport to the other hotels near the seaside. The location is excellent. Although it's a bit far from the popular tourist spots, there is a bus stop nearby. So that we could take one of the buses to the places we wanted to go.

The hotel itself is very well designed and stand out itself from the usual "luxury" hotels. The room is big and the bathroom is just perfect. There is a big window between the bathroom and the sleeping area. You can sink in the bathtub while watching TV which is very nice. The "rain forest" shower, hair dryer, soap etc are all perfect. The bed, pillows, bath robes and the towels are all perfect. These things guarantee that you are going to have a very sleep.

There are a few disappointments though. First, you have to pay an extra fee to use wi-fi in your room. Free public wi-fi is available in the lobby. But it's an inconvenience to get down there just to use the internet for a few mins.

Secondly, if you want to use the pool, make sure you bring your own swimming cap!!
The staff will request you to wear a swimming cap if you want to go in to the pool. Since we don't have one, we have to buy the cap there. This is the first time I heard such request from the hotel which surprise me a bit. I think the hotel should inform us on their website somehow. I felt being forced to buy something there just to use the pool.

Overall, we are satisfied with Le Meridien Qingdao during our 3-night stay. We will probably choose this hotel again next time we visit Qingdao.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear honored guest,

Greetings from Le Meridien Qingdao.

We are most pleasure to having you join in our voyage of discovery.

It is always gratifying to receive such a positive feedback and we appreciate your kind words. Your recognition will definitely inspire all hotel associates to deliver an excellent service.

Moreover, we really appreciate your kindly suggestion and notice about our inperfect . We will communicate with different departments to improve our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Le Meridien Qingdao.

Beijing,China
Reviewed November 27, 2010

stayed in Le Meridien for one night. It's not with most five star hotels which are near the beach. It was built one year ago with excellent hardware. But the room I stayed was so hot up to around 30 C. The AC can only work in heating mode. The service is great but they still could not get this done. The gym and swimming pool are very good too.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Dear honored guests,

Greetings from Le Meridien Qingdao.

Thank you for having spent your valuable time to share your comments with us.

We sincerely apologise for the shortcomings you experienced regarding the air conditioning issues. Please be rest-assured that we view your disappointment very seriously and necessary steps have been taken to exceed your expectations on future visits to Le Meridien Qingdao.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on future trips to Qingdao.

Reviewed November 12, 2010

I have been working at Qingdao since 2002. But my family could not find out any place that we can enjoy our weekend. I am a member of SPG Platinum and also I am a member of PCR Platinum Ambassador as well as a Diamond passport member of Hyatt. Before Le Meridien was open, we had spent our weekend at Intercotinental Qingdao or Crowne Plaza. But I can say Le Meridien is still the best. I can get the Room free upgrade to the Classic Suite. The room is very clean and well organized. And the Club Lounge staff are very kind and friendly. I also have privilege membership so that my family always have 50% discount from all three restaurants in Le Meridien. I really like and enjoy this F&B membership a lot. Akebono Japanese restaurant is really good as well as Le Mei Chinese restaurant in 2nd floor. I will stick with this hotel every weekend, except my business trip. I got noticed from Hyatt Diamond customer service centre that there is Qingdao Hyatt opening at 2011 Nov. but I will keep choosing the Le Meridien as my family's the best weekend place.

• Stayed November 2010
Reviewed October 7, 2010

A safe choice, as a SPG member this was the first and only choice.
So with the membership you get there 'special' floor... extra amenieties (fruit, water, etc. even a choice of a keycard!).
The room is spacious, well designed.
The bathroom needs attention, good tub, the rain shower didn't wok with us (but on the day we stayed in the whole floor had that problem. And our toilet had a leaking problem, which was fixed. Extremely helpful staff.
The hotel is extremely quiet, nice pool and gym. Very well located (most locals know where it is, and they have a good map).
The drinks at the bar were top notch! though it does take the last order at midnight which is a bit of a bummer for a place with such potential. no food apart from room service during the night, which was fine, except they did have a leaflet that said their restaurant will be open after hours.
Over all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends