InterContinental Hotel Qingdao
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$123
$62
Priceline
$67
1,455 results
All reviewsolympic sailinggreat hotelclub loungenice servicebreakfast servicesea view roomqing daonice staycomfortable roomswimming poolbusiness triphotel lobbyan upgradeitalian restaurantshopping mallchinavanessa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

The hotel lobby is impressive. The staffs are typical hospitable chinese flavor however the general construction quality outside the lobby are terrible. My bed is actually uneven, the right side is higher than the left by a lot. Carpet and electricals fitting are low quality. Nice try but still very crude.

Alright for one night stay

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
ICQD, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear jimmyprosper,
Thank you very much for choosing InterContinental Qingdao as your preferred hotel in the city.
Your comments have been documented and certainly looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.
We look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you back to InterContinental Qingdao in the near future.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

First visit to Qingdao and it was great. Stayed in an aqua suite - private terrace with tub is fantastic for relaxing and enjoying the AMAZING views. The club level room was good, but not as good as it could be. The view from the club room is nice, the staff are super helpful, but the snacking/drinks during the day could be improved (nothing really after breakfast until afternoon tea). The buffet on the 3rd floor is pretty good for breakfast. Nice variety and good quality, but can be noisy. Thoroughly enjoyed the location, the room size, bed, and bathroom amenities. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again if ever in Qingdao.

Room Tip: Aqua suite is great
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ICQD, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear candaflo,
Thank you very much for selecting InterContinental Qingdao as your preferred accommodation in the city.
We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stays with us and thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers online.
Thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

So I stay in Qingdao a lot on business and tried the continental on this visit. Checked in to a normal room in D block. Read the guest pack to see what services were offered and was pleasantly surprised when it said leisure and business travellers could visit the club lounge on the 21st floor. No mention of any fees or restrictions. So I went up gave my room number and got a free coffee and snack. Only then did I get presented with a bill for the upgrade.

When I complained about this later to the reception about how the information in the room clearly indicated that I could use the facility with any mention of restriction or payment they said I was wrong. I do not expect to be told I am wrong as I am the customer and it is not clear that this benefit is restricted. I expected the benefit to only be for executive rooms but it did seem from trip advisor last 30 reviews they all had club access so thought it was a hotel feature to include it for all, hence why it was clearly written in the guest pack as available with out conditions.

With regards service - upon complaining the reception offered to mitigate my complaint by putting a fruit platter in my room. It never appeared.

I did enjoy the hotel pool which has a very nice atmosphere with day beds.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
ICQD, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear GrimsbyGY,
Thank you for choosing InterContinental Qingdao as your preferred hotel in the city.
We have noticed your feedback regarding Club Lounge benefits and have addressed it to our hotel management team accordingly. Ensuring all our guests leave satisfied is our goal.
We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I travel to China on buiness trips often. Qingdao is one of my mostly visiting cities. InterContinental Hotel Qingdao is always my first choice whenever I come to this city. With the unbeatable location and well trained hotel employees, my stays at this hotel always bring me pleasure and convenience. I love InterContinental Hotel Qingdao.

Room Tip: Building A and C has the best bay view. It looks amazing in the eveing !
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
ICQD, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear C Z ,
Thank you very much for selecting InterContinental Qingdao as your preferred accommodation in the city and we truly appreciate your frequent visits. Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers online.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon back to InterContinental Qingdao.

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful modern hotel with great rooms and the lobby is awesome. I like the location along the water near the Olympic sites.

I was very disappointed with the dinner buffet quality of the food as well as attention. Buffet was $45 each. Not what you expect from Intercontinental chain.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Bal97 ,
Thank you for selecting InterContinental Qingdao as your preferred hotel in the city. Thank you for highlighting the prime location of hotel. We have noticed your feedback regarding the buffet food quality and have addressed it to our F&B management team accordingly.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon back to InterContinental Qingdao.