“nice place to stay”

InterContinental Hotel Qingdao
Ranked #3 of 1,672 Hotels in Qingdao
“nice place to stay”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The room is very nice, clean and well appointed.
The TV has more English stations than I have seen anywhere else in China.
Good hotel facilities. Recommend to use of the executive lounge, especially on business trip,
I would gladly recommend this hotel..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ICQD, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Qingdao, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Apple C,

thank you for choosing InterContinental as your preferred hotel accomodation in Qingdao.
I'm delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I thank you for taking your precious time to post a review of your overall impressions in the hotel online.

I look very much forward to meet you personally during your next visit and thank you for recommending InterContinental Qingdao.

InterContinental Qingdao

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I spent a week at the Intercontinental Qingdao in 2012, The rooms were very nice with all of the ammenities that I have come to expect. The hotel staff was extremely profesional and courteous. executive lounge. This is an excellent place to relax after work or to finish the days work in a quiet environment. the staff in the executive lounge is extremely well trained and professional. They really made my stay enjoyable and personable. I highly recommend the site for it's excellent rooms,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear QINJ,

thank you very much for selecting InterContinental as your preferred accomodation in Qingdao. I'm delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I thank you for taking your precious time to post a comment of your overall impression online. Your feedback about the professionalism and friendliness of our team members is very encouraging and well received.

Thank you for recommending InterContinental Qingdao.

I look very much forward to meeting you personally during your next visit to Qingdao.

Beijing, China
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great hotel to stay in if you are planning visiting Qingdao.
I have visited the Hoilday Inn Qingdao on several occasions this year .The rooms are bright, spacious and pristine, well maintained with excellent facilities.All the staff are very helpful and polite and I had no trouble communicating with any of them.I never figured out the heating control and no one could explain it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hu Y
ICQD, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Qingdao, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Hu Y,

Thank you for staying with InterContinental Hotel Group in Qingdao. You mentioned in your review that you stayed several times at Holiday Inn Qingdao, therefore I'm not sure if this review is directed to the right hotel. In any case InterContinental, Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn are all managed by IHG. I'm delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I truly appreciate your encouraging feedback about the professionalism and politness of our people and the excellent facilities of the hotel.

I look very much forward to welcoming you personally during your next visit to the hotel and remain with best wishes for the "Year of the Snake".

Beijing
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed at the Intercontinental Qingdao for 2 nights with my husband and two year old son. Overall, it was a great stay and I would recommend this hotel.

Pros:
- Nice view of Olympic Sailing Centre and ocean
- Hotel is modern and well maintained
- Service was generally very good (we even got gummy candies at check in)
- The location is central and there are a number of restaurants nearby.
- I liked the live music played in the lobby (piano player, sax player, violinist etc.)
- Room was clean and beds comfortable.
- Swimming pool is nice and has an interesting view of surrounding buildings.
- The buffet breakfast provided on 21st floor (executive lounge) was pretty good and had a great view of the harbor.
- First floor had lots of unusual space that was fun to explore with a toddler.

Cons:
- The room service food was pretty bad.
- The cribs available are basically a bassinet and therefore not appropriate for infants over about 5 months (too shallow).
- Swimming pool did not have a hot tub.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jublia
ICQD, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Qingdao, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Jublia,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Qingdao as your preferred accomodation in Qingdao.

I'm delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your detailed feedback on your stay experience. I have noticed your comment regarding the quality of room service food and will look into it with our Executive Chef. Please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. Regarding the size of baby cribs we missed out to infom you that we actually have different sizes of cribs and baby beds available. Please identify yourself during your next stay and we are happy to provide the appropriate size of bed for your child.

In the meantime I wish you and your family a happy, healthy and prosperous "Year of The Snake" and look forward to meeting you personally during your next visit to InterContinental Qingdao.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Good hotel Good service the best club lunge i ever stay!!! It is a amazing experience in this hotel. The people are very friendly and think about your request accorddingly. I think it is the best hotel in QIngdao. And best view.

Room Tip: Club rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ICQD, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Qingdao, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Dalin Y,

thank you for selecting InterContinental Qingdao as your preferred accomodation in the city. I'm delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share such encouraging feedback about the services in the CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL, the friendliness of our people and the amazing ocean view on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is the best advertisement for us. Thank you.

I look very much forward to your next visit in Qingdao and hope to meet you personally, if your time allows.

Chongqing, China
Reviewed January 10, 2013

That's pity stay here only one night, I feel it is the best hotel in Qingdao.Good location, nice room and view, staff warmly in front office, especially the bellboy, I forget his name.He introduce more detail city information for me, it is very useful for my family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Goodluck296,

Thank you for selecting InterContinental Qingdao as your preferred accomodation in the city. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with others on tripadvisor.

I'm looking very much forward to meet you personally during your next visit in Qingdao, if your time allows.

Hangzhou, China
Reviewed January 9, 2013

It is a amazing experience in this hotel.Warm welcome and good atomsphere everywhere.
The people in front desk are very friendly and think about your request accorddingly.
So everyone of us were satisfied with it.
It's great with seaview.
I surely confirmed that I will come back with my friends next time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tony C
Dear Tony,

Thank you for selecting InterContinental Qingdao as your preferred accomodation in Qingdao.

I'm delighted to read that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us. Your encouraging feedback on people's friendliness and the headline "amazing" is the Best advertisement we can get. Thank you very much for recommending us.

I wish you a healthy, happy and prosperous "Year of the Snake" and look forward meeting you personally during your next visit to the hotel.