“Best hotel in Qingdao”

InterContinental Hotel Qingdao
Ranked #5 of 1,694 Hotels in Qingdao
Reviewed January 10, 2013

That's pity stay here only one night, I feel it is the best hotel in Qingdao.Good location, nice room and view, staff warmly in front office, especially the bellboy, I forget his name.He introduce more detail city information for me, it is very useful for my family.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
ICQD, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Goodluck296,

Thank you for selecting InterContinental Qingdao as your preferred accomodation in the city. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with others on tripadvisor.

I'm looking very much forward to meet you personally during your next visit in Qingdao, if your time allows.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

It is a amazing experience in this hotel.Warm welcome and good atomsphere everywhere.
The people in front desk are very friendly and think about your request accorddingly.
So everyone of us were satisfied with it.
It's great with seaview.
I surely confirmed that I will come back with my friends next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Tony C
ICQD, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Tony,

Thank you for selecting InterContinental Qingdao as your preferred accomodation in Qingdao.

I'm delighted to read that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us. Your encouraging feedback on people's friendliness and the headline "amazing" is the Best advertisement we can get. Thank you very much for recommending us.

I wish you a healthy, happy and prosperous "Year of the Snake" and look forward meeting you personally during your next visit to the hotel.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed in Intercontinental Qingdao hotel twice. I think it is the best hotel in Qingdao. Hotel is beautiful. Rooms are big and clean. Service is also very friendly and helpful. Definitely 5 stars hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear Netjed,

thank you very much for selecting InterContinental Qingdao as your preferred hotel in Qingdao. I'm delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. To create a "Great Hotel Guest Love" is our mission and I'm proud to hear from you that we have achieved it. Your feedback on the friendliness and helpfulness of our people is very motivating and I have shared it with my team.

I look very much forward to meeting you personally during your next visit to the hotel and wish you a great start into the year 2013.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed here for a business function. The rooms were luxurious and the bed was awesome. As in most hotels in China, English remains patchy. Their front desk manager, Donna personally attended to my hotel reservations in Beijing. Another person took me to the toilet when I asked for tourist sites. Go figure.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mozii
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I decided to stay at the Intercontinental Qingdao this time on a business trip based on reviews I had read here on Trip Advisor.

Everything was great about this hotel, right from the reservation to check-out. I was upgraded to an Ocean View room with club lounge access by Vinson Yi the front office manager. They had my room ready by the time I was to check in and was personally shown to my room by Vinson. Later in the evening I was given a grand tour of the hotel by the sales manager Elle Lu with a free glass of vine.

There was a lovely cake delivered to my room in the evening by the Director of Rooms to welcome me to Intercontinental Qingdao. I felt very special and at home with hospitality I received from everyone in this hotel. I am a frequent traveller and stay with many 5 star hotels but was touched with all the attention I received from this hotel.

The hotel is just next to the Olympic Sailing City and walking distance to many shopping malls. There is also a Rolls Royce showroom within the hotel building.

I would like to thank all the staff for making my stay so awesome. Cheers !

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Sanjay S
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

You really feel at home when you enter and start staying there!
The rooms are so confortable, tje sea voew is gorgeous!
The new Chinese restaurant is so delicious and the Chef Pascal such a great magician!
Also I did like the breakfast so I could have neen earing there for hours!
Thx again and bravo!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Dworkinm
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I am extremely pleased with the hotel and the room. The room is huge, facing the city, actually if I look towards the right, I can see the sea too. There are two blocks, I am on A block which faces the city.
I also went to concierge to ask for some suggestions on where to go and they gladly gave me a map and draw out the important places.
The hotel is relatively new (around 2008?), was told that they serviced the Olympic athletics during the Olympics.
Location is excellent, there is a beautiful Olympic park (Yacht club, lighthouse, great view of the sea) just behind the hotel, a huge mall (albeit a pretty quiet one) beside the hotel and also close to many sites by cab.
Breakfast is also good, a good choice of Western and Asian Breakfast.
I dropped them an to inform them my GF will have her birthday on her last day of our stay there. I got a reply to say that they will prepare a Birthday cake and some decor to suit the occasion. On the actual day, I had to call them to tell them about the cake and they promptly sent it over complete with heart shaped lights.
Overall, great stay! No complaints!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple