“Professional Hotel”

Ranked #13 of 1,654 Hotels in Qingdao
American Canyon, California
“Professional Hotel”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The atmosphere of the hotel is very good The Staff are very professional very kindly smile make very happy Help everywhere! I like this hotel because its fells like home .comfortable
Its very near with the airport just 5 minutes i will back next time thanks all of the staff there

Room Tip: Professional Hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank vanessa l
gao s, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview. We are very glad to know that our staff and service helped in making your visit enjoyable. Meanwhile, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.Thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed June 16, 2014

For business traveller, the local of this hotel is good. It is only took 20 mins to Qingdao aiport. Comfortable room with clean and tidy house-keeping with reasonable price. Warmest service and all staffs show every possible consideration and help to customers. This is the key that make me to continue to stay in this hotel although I was approached by their other branded hotel. Additionally, there is a park behind the hotel, you can talk a walk in your free time for relaxing your mind and body. In general, this is the best choice in this area.

Room Tip: The room which is facing the park.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Catherine F
gao s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff made your stay experience more memorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!
Cumbria, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Pleasant hotel close to the airport. We also stayed at the Intercon by the Olympic Sailing Centre but have chosen not to review as we made friends with some of the staff and a review would be inappropriate.

Decent value by Western standards - although Chinese hotels of a similar standard are much cheaper.

But be clear this is a long way from the City and the Ocean. It is a business, not a tourist venue.

Sound proofing of the rooms at the front of the hotel is very poor - I use earplugs so not an issue.

Band (Filipino) in the bar were light years better than the dreadful band who effectively evacuated the Bar at The InterCon!

Park adjacent to hotel is delightful as others say.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the road if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank carbine
gao s, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear guest, thank you for sharing the experience of your stay at Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview. Feedback like yours is very valuable to us and enables us to monitor our service and standards. Look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you!
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was my second stay at the Holiday Inn Parkview and it was as nice as my first. The room is very comfortable with a nice-sized desk to work at. Since I was here on business, that was helpful to me. The hotel's rooms have numerous outlets that work for US plugs so I had lots of locations to use for charging my electronics. I really appreciate that. The bed has a choice of pillows, firm or soft and they are labeled that way for ease of choice. The A/C didn't work at night (I was there in April) but the window opens so I was able to cool off the room. My only complaint was that there were no towel racks in the bathroom so I couldn't really hang up the towels to dry. The hotel has a free breakfast but I didn't try it. They also have a gym and a great looking indoor pool which I wish I had had time to try. I am sure I will be back on my next trip to Qingdao.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank jobethco
Dear guest, thank you very much for your feedback and we are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your suggestions about the towel racks in bathroom has been documented and will certainly be looked into.
Thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview in the near future. Thank you!
Eurobin, Australia
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have stayed here many times either on arrival or before departing Qingdao on business an it is always a pleasure to stay here. Rooms are clean and comfortable, staff are very pleasant and helpful and the buffet breakfast is very good compared to some other Chinese hotels I stay inn. I always find time for a nice stroll through the park as well.

The welcome drink and room upgrade for IHG members is also very much appreciated!

Room Tip: Park side has nice view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Brian C
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview. We are very glad to know that our staff and service helped in making your visit enjoyable. Meanwhile, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you!
Kankakee, Illinois
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

The staff is very attentive and courteous. Overall the hotel needs some cosmetic work. Some doors, elevators, chairs, etc. have seen better days. The housekeeping staff is great. The only real disappointment was the pool. It is across a small park from the hotel. I expected it to be on site. Overall it was a good hotel but the great staff is what makes this a great place to stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank BengCh001
gao s, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear guest, thanks for your choice of Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview for your August stay in Qingdao and filling the on-line guest questionnaire.

First of all, thanks for your recognition of our staff and we will maintain our good service and aim higher.

In the meantime, our swimming pool is only 1-minute walk from our hotel and you could also try the foot massage on second floor of the pool and jogging on our back yard Olympic Park to breathe fresh air either in the morning or during sunset.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Room was spacious and clean. The room location faced a busy road so there was a considerable amount of traffic noise which could be heard quite clearly in the room.

Restaurant
No restaurant options were tried.

IHG Platinum Level Information - At check in I was given a free drink coupon and a room upgrade to the executive/ club level floor – but was told that I was not entitled to access the lounge. There was a very nice fruit plate in the room.

Shuttle Issues /Miscommunication
Once the reservation was booked, the hotel was contacted to arrange for their airport shuttle pick up. At that time, I was told that they did not have an airport shuttle but would be happy to arrange a car for me at a cost of 80 CNY. At check in, there were signs that clearly posted the shuttle times.

When I attempted to make arrangements to use the shuttle for my departure, I was told that all of the shuttles the following morning were completely full aside from one that was four hours prior to my flight. I used a taxi instead at a cost of 10 CNY for a quick and painless trip to the airport.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank slug
gao s, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear guest, thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. Feedback like yours is very valuable to us and enables us to improve the quality of hotels to better meet the needs of our guests.
We are very sorry that you experienced inconvenience due to miscommunication about the shuttle bus service. Rest assured that we are standardlizing shuttle bus reservation procedure, ensuring that we address and improve the necessary services to provide all our guests with an excellent experience while staying with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you!