“Warm and welcoming”

Ranked #13 of 1,654 Hotels in Qingdao
London
“Warm and welcoming”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a 3 week stay in Qingdao to help our son set up an English language services business there. The prospect of staying 20 nights in what is essentially a business hotel was not one we were really relishing. However from the moment we arrived until the time we left we were made to feel welcome by all the staff. The hotel itself was well appointed, clean and had a friendly feel to it. We don't speak any mandarin and were impressed how every member of staff spoke to us in English, so it felt like a haven of familiarity within a very different culture. The choices at breakfast were enormous but our conservative British tastes meant we didn't venture to try the more exotic dishes. We were a little more adventurous with the extensive buffet in the JOT restaurant where the manager Jerry Wang befriended us and sought to ensure that we were given everything we needed during our stay. Thanks to all for helping to make our stay in Qingdao so enjoyable - I really appreciated all the attention I received on my birthday too! We will certainly return to the Parkview next time we are in Qingdao.

Room Tip: We stayed at the back of the hotel which was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
gao s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Sue B,

Great to have a chance to celebrate birthday with you and your family, and all of our staff are delighted to deliver whatever your need to make sure your stay a memorable one!

Jerry is very good and willing to to help our guests out always, and he has gained numerous compliment letters from our guests, and for sure his colleagues will be motivated by your positive comments and do extra miles to make our place as Great Hotel Guest Love!

Again, thank you for your long staying with us and hope to see you soon again!

Regards / Sam Gao

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Shanghai Region, China
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Everything from the staff, to facilities and even the restaurants on site surpassed my expectations. The hotel is immaculate. The gym is somewhat small but more than adequate for a very serious runner that also works with free weights. Runners will know what I mean. That being said, its a nice area to run outside as well. The staff is exceptionally friendly and the rooms are great. I normally avoid restaurants and bars within hotels, but even these are far above average. The restaurants and morning breakfast are high quality, and the after hours bar is a nice, comfortable hang out. Its always more beneficial to explore your surroundings, but this hotel makes it hard. I love coming to Qingdao because I know I have a wonderful place to come back to after lots of long meetings. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I have not had a bad room in this hotel, but if you can afford a suite, you wont be disappointed.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Andrew,

I'm very delighted when you told us you love our hotel, not only the facilities, but also the food and service, which press us to a have continuous upgrading to keep your home warm and refreshed!

Hotel also has a bigger and more spacious Gymnasium on the backyard of hotel with a nice indoor swimming pool and in addition, please take a walk and breathe on our Natural Oxygen Bar, Olympic Park, easily access from our back door to swimming pool, and "fun" never ends there!

Thank you for your positive comments and look forward to see you soon again!

Reagrds / Sam Gao
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My purpose in staying two nights was to have a quiet retreat to finish writing my thesis. I live in Qingdao and just needed to get away from my apartment to concentrate. So I didn't care about location and activities, although the hotel is right next to Century Park which is beautiful.

Aside from breakfast, I didn't really eat at the restaurants or Indian buffet for dinner but instead relied on room service which was fantastic. The Nasi goreng was a very generous portion and super delicious. The fish and chips were tasty as well. The burger in Etc cafe was one of the most flavorful I've ever had. The breakfast buffet was just okay - they had a good selection of western and Asian, but nothing that stood out.

+The bed was super comfortable!!!!! The towels were awesome too. I needed super fast internet and was not disappointed.
(-)The only disappointing thing was the bathroom. The tub had cheap Chinese caulking/sealant that should not be visible for this quality of a hotel. Also the bathroom amenities were of a cheap quality. The mirror was shoddy and looked cheap and old too. The roll down screen that covers the glass wall view to the bedroom was rusty and cracked paint on the bottom. Some hair dye stains on the shower curtain. Very surprising since everything else about the room and hotel is so nice.

I wanted to use the gym/pool but was too busy to stop and walk down the adjacent health club to try it out. Also read that the Filipino house band is great but didn't leave my room to check them out.

The staff were the best part. When I checked in they offered me Priority Membership and I got a free drink coupon and fruit platter that was delivered to my room. All were so courteous, friendly, smiling, and welcoming. My cleaning lady was adorable asking if I needed anything, offered to take my laundry and realizing I was going through the notepad with thesis notes, brought me a brand new one. I am not used to the serving staff in China having such a smile and positive attitude about their job. I wish I got her name b/c she deserves a raise. (Room 709) June 10-12.

The best part was the peace and quiet that I needed paired with the comfort = Great Job, Holiday Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
gao s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Greeting from Sam Gao, the General Manager of Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, and thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview for your recent stay in Qingdao and taking time to write comments online.

Although it is our basic principle to offer the best of every thing, it is great to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m very proud of my staff Ms. Liu Yanli who offered you a "Holiday Inn "service and thank you for your positive comment which will definitely motivate them to do extra mile in future.

In the meantime, I am so sorry that the bathroom condition gave you a bad impression and we have already lock this room to have a extreme reformation.

Thank you for your festival greetings, on behalf of all employees to express my heartfelt wishes and look forward to welcoming you back.
Worcester
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have visited Qingdao few times for the past year; always stay at this holiday inn. The location is near the airport within only 10 minutes which means you don't have to get stuck in traffic. But the main reason I keep going back is the Hotel staff, I rated the staff at this holiday inn the best staff in any hotel I stayed in worldwide, they are great, friendly and it makes them happy to please their gusts, they will get to know you as a person and know what you like and they will be always smiling. If you are a priority club platinum or if you book a club room, you can enjoy the happy hour in the lounge, great snacks and drinks every day, you don’t even have to leave the hotel, after all you get to meet the nice staff who speaks very good English and will know you by name. I love this hotel

Room Tip: Book a club room, you get the happy hour in the lounge everdya and free 80 RMB laundry per day
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview. We are very glad to know that our staff and service helped in making your visit enjoyable. Meanwhile, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to providecomfortable and friendly accommodations. Thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you!
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed here for two nights on business and thought it was a nice hotel. The room was a nice size with a very good layout. The desk was large. There were western outlets all over the room, which I really appreciated, as I could charge up all my electronics at the same time. There were light switches all over the place - I never could figure out how to turn off the light in the closet - LOL! The bed was quite comfortable. Service was excellent. I didn't use the pool or gym but did spend two evenings in the bar downstairs listening to their Filipino singers. They were a lot of fun. I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Qingdao.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jobethco
gao s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our room, western outlets and etc bar made your stay experience more memorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.

We are also very glad to know that our staff and service helped inmaking your visit enjoyable. Meanwhile, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future.

Thank you!
Shanghai, China
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I don't worry that I cannot catch my flight because there is only 10 minutes from hotel to airport by taxi or free bus.
The hotel has very good service and cost performance. I always see smile from all staffs face.
I like the breakfirst because you can enjoy many kinds of foods. Waitress will lead you to seat friendly. I would give it five stars if they could provide more sea food.
Room is clean and bed is comfortable.

Room Tip: Room towards football field is more quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Tommy C
gao s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Great to know that you like our hotel, appreciate your support and recommendations to other visitors, please do let me know when you plan to patronize us next time, and book our Club Deluxe room as well, rest assured that the service, ambience and benifits there will make you experience even better!

Once again, thank you for support to us, look forward to seeing you again in near future!

Thanks & regards,
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed in Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview for two nights and was quite happy. It is a big hotel right in the center of the city. My room was on the top floor and a great view over the city. The hotel has a swimming pool and a small gym. Very big rooms :-)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank marooned2006
Thank you your stay with us in our Club Room, hope our service of Club Lounge could also meet up with your satisfaction, please spend some time on our Club Lounge Happy Hour next time, where you could enjoy the "Home" feeling and harmonous ambience, make good friends and business partners as well!

Please do drop me a message prior to your visit next time, so as for me to catch up with a coffee!

Thanks & regards,