“On top of ratings but not as has been rated; a little too highly rated than it deserves”

Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview
Ranked #16 of 1,711 Hotels in Qingdao
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is my second review of his property. I checked in the night before to catch an erly morning flight. First and foremost on check-in they handed me a bottle of water as complimentary, which with luggage in hands they should have put it in my room. Second, when I rang them from the room to enquire about the airport shuttle, the concierge was fighting or words explaining that the hurtle was not there; to my disbelief he handed-over to perhaps a font-end staff who totally reversed the fact that the shuttle has been booked and she cannot help further. It was an overall heavy dose of discourteous tone! Moreover I had told the front-end staff to give me a wake-up call at 5.30am; neither there were any calls nor were any knocks on my door. I am wondering how such hotels could be rated high, for sure it cannot be a number one hotel, maybe a ten or eleven perhaps. The plus though I need to highlight - the wonderful service at the night I checked in to the buffet dinner...not much cuisines but a lovely service from each of the staff there. Ofcourse hotel is well kept and tidy. Usually there used to be a counter at the airport but now it is not there. Again check-out was very plastic and methodical with sleepy faces.....I think this hotel has to orient their front-end staff a little more on courtesy, manners, etiquette, etc. In all it is an okay property for an overnight stay. Should strive to improve the defeciencies mentioned. The most important thing is that I am a Platinum Ambassador of this group and if I can have this service, I pity others! Management staff should pay more attention on the voids that are creeping into their service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank VAS1586
gao s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear guest, thanks for your choice of Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview for your stay in Qingdao!

First of all, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment you experienced during your stay in Chinese New Year period while we had very limited staff on duty due to low occupancy, otherwise that should not be the excuse, we need to take it seriously and making relevant training to our front line staff to improve the efficiency and effectiveness to make sure we are worthy of the ranking and good words from our guests whenever during peak and slow seasons.

I’m very glad to know that you are happy with our Western Restaurant, for both of the cuisine and service, where our Executive Chef Corey Hides and Service Manager Jerry will personally serve you when you patronize there next time.

I hope this incident did not mar your overall impression of Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview and that you will afford us an opportunity of welcoming you back.

I would be very happy to make your further reservation personally. My e-mail address is sam.gao@ihg.com.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. With best Regards.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed at the Parkview Holiday Inn on several occasions for business purposes and the size/quality of rooms is very good and much more equivalent to European standards which is a welcome relief after staying in other hotels in China!

Overall standards and quality of service were maintained throughout each stay and staff were very friendly and willing to help. Restaurant menu and food choice is very good with A la Carte and buffet both available (variety of foods including lots of European dishes). Live music in the bar each evening is.... entertaining!!

Only 10 minutes from the airport which makes it a great base for business.

It's not the Ritz but equivalent to a good 4* hotel in the UK.

Room Tip: Request a room with a bath as not all of them automatically have them.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank globeman235
gao s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Greeting from Sam Gao, the General Manager of Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, and I would like to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview for your recent stay in Qingdao and appreciate taking time to write comments online.

I was very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Although it is our basic principle to offer the best of everything, it is often reassuring to hear it directly from our guests. We know that a great hotel always endeavors to improve its service, and with this in mind we greatly appreciate your feedback. We will spend every effort to create the Great Hotel Guest Love.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My second visit to this amazing hotel, and I did not get disappointed.. As usual the hotel staff took great care of me, especially executive floor staff.. The breakfast is very good since they have many different choices and suitable for all kind of people..

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Hemen H

Dear guest, thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview for your recent stay in Qingdao and appreciate taking time to filling the on-line guest questionnaire.
I was very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Although it is our basic principle to offer the best of everything, it is often reassuring to hear it directly from our guests. And we are proud of our executive lounge managed by Ms. Lemon and her team.
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back. With best regards.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I spent a week at the Holiday inn Qingdao in 2012, The rooms were very nice with all of the ammenities that I have come to expect. The hotel staff was extremely profesional and courteous. What set this hotel apart from others in the area was the executive lounge. This is an excellent place to relax after work or to finish the days work in a quiet environment. the staff in the executive lounge is extremely well trained and professional. They really made my stay enjoyable and personable. I will continue to stay in Holiday Inns.

Room Tip: Choose the executive level for outstanding service.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ron W

Dear Mr. Ron, thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview for your recent stay in Qingdao and appreciate taking time to fill in our on-line guest questionnaire.

Although it is our basic principle to offer the best of every thing, it is great to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is known that a great hotel always endeavors to improve its service, and with this in mind we greatly appreciate your feedback. We will spend every effort to create the Great Hotel Guest Love and home away from home.

With best regards.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I visited this hotel several times and always find it very comfortable. It's location near the airport and expressways makes it easy to reach, whether you're travelling by car or by airplane. Hotel shuttle or taxi will get you there from the airport in minutes.
Hotel staff is well trained, extremely friendly and polite in a pleasant way, without being too humble.
Accomodation is luxurious, clean and comfortable. And the executive lounge is always a pleasant place to relax with a drink and snack after a day's work.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest, thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview for your recent stay in Qingdao and appreciate taking time to fill in our on-line guest questionnaire.

With best regards.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Although I travel regularly to China on business, this was the first time for me @ Parkview. I highly recommend the site for it's excellent rooms, very helpful and friendly staff and a most comfortable Executive Lounge. The hotel is perfectly located nearby Qingdao airport so a very useful addition to a business traveller's needs. And to top things off, you will enjoy a terrific breakfast with a huge selection of freshly cooked dishes, both local and western choices.
If you have the chance, then give his hotel a try.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Mike, thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview for your recent stay in Qingdao and appreciate taking time to filling the on-line guest questionnaire.
I was very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Although it is our basic principle to offer the best of everything, it is often reassuring to hear it directly from our guests. And we are proud of our staff on every post.
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back. With best regards.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Great hotel to stay in if you are planning visiting Qingdao.
I have visited the Hoilday Inn Qingdao on several occasions this year and would have no hessitation in goingback.
The rooms are bright, spacious and pristine, well maintained with excellent facilities.
The executive lounge is well equiped for relaxing or finalising the days business.
All the staff from managers to maids are very helpful and polite and I had no trouble communicating with any of them.
Most enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: When choosing a room two things. 1. The higher the better away from the traffic. 2. If you like...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
gao s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Greeting from Sam Gao, the General Manager of Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview, and thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Qingdao Parkview for your recent stay in Qingdao and taking time to write comments online.
Although it is our basic principle to offer the best of every thing, it is great to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m very proud of my staff and thank you for your positive comment which will definitely motivate them to do extra mile in future.
Thank you for your festival greetings, on behalf of all employees to express my heartfelt wishes and look forward to welcoming you back.