“Home away from home”

Wyndham Hotel Qingdao
Ranked #7 of 1,694 Hotels in Qingdao
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I spend a lot of time in China and the Doubletree in Chengyang is my home away from home. The staff are very helpful and friendly. They learned my name early on and address me by name. Many of the people working there have a good working knowledge of English and are very good at helping me with my Chinese. There's a brand new 5 story mall just down the street.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Denise M, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Scott, thank you for choosing to stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Qingdao – Chengyang. We are happy to receive your comments and thank you for the positive remarks! We hope you had a wonderful time in Qingdao. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please contact me anytime should I be of further assistance: Denise.Molintas@hilton.com.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is my first choice in Qingdao and have stayed several times over past three years. Situated closer to the Northern side of the city where many factories are nearby. Great way to avoid all the traffic for those coming to Qingdao for factory visits and need to optimize their work time while in town. Hotel is clean and comfortable with reliable food service.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Denise M, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Qingdao – Chengyang. We hope you had a wonderful time in Qingdao. We are happy to receive your comments and thank you for the positive remarks! We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please contact me anytime should I be of further assistance: Denise.Molintas@hilton.com Ph;+8615966888001

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my partner in October 2012 and we were very impressed. Impeccably clean rooms, bars and restaurants and friendly, helpful staff with good English made out stay memorable. The free warm 'welcome cookie' on arrival was a massive bonus (and much needed after a 5 hour train journey from Beijing!), as was the voucher for the hotel spa.

We were disappointed to find just how far outside of Qingdao centre this hotel was though; having said that the views were lovely as we were surrounded by mountains. The hotel arranged a taxi for us each day to transport us to the centre and on one day Kevin also arranged a private car to take us to selected sights (recommended by Kevin). This day ended up being the favourite of our whole 2-week stay in China as we went to Laoshan ; a truly spectacular mountain about an hour's drive away.

We would be happy to stay here again and would definitely recommend this hotel to travellers and business people alike. Big thanks for Kevin for taking such good care of us!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Denise M, General Manager at Wyndham Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Lucy, thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Qingdao – Chengyang. We are happy to receive your comments and thank you for the positive remarks! We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please contact me anytime should I be of further assistance: Denise.Molintas@hilton.com; Ph:+8615966888001.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This place is nicely built and a beautiful lobby. Staff. Well to the staff the guests are the enemy.

So not only does the air conditioner not work but the person who came up told me it didn't work, like I didn't know, and the person on the telephone at the front desk told me to open the window.

Later I was told to call an engineer if I wanted air conditioning. I really think the deal is there is no air conditioning other than an air conditioning control.

"open the window" I wonder if they thought I should break the window because those windows do not open.

Also I had to extend my stay and it wasn't worth moving so on each extension they demanded more credit card deposit. And yes demand it the perfect word.

They even have a feedback card, you know the kind that says something like we value your feedback and that was all that was on it. No email, no web address, no manager's name. We want your feedback but just don't send it to us.

Trip advice trip tripadvisor AVOID this property, also pricing high for its market.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jerome a

We’re very sorry we didn’t provide you with the high quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Qingdao - Chengyang. We apologize for the malfunctioning air conditioning and we’ve reported the problem to our maintenance team. We’ll be sure to address the issues with the room amenities and hope you’ll consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area. Please contact me anytime should I be of further assistance: Denise.Molintas@hilton.com Ph: +8615966888001

Reviewed May 28, 2013

It doesn't regret the choice. Reasonable facilities and very kind and friendly service staff stands out. Location is a little inconvenient but it does not matter much. The procedure of using swimming pool and sauna is a little uncomfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Marcom A, Manager at Wyndham Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear 'sswon', thanks for staying here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Qingdao - Chengyang. We’re glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service. We look forward to having more details about your feedback on swimming pool and sauna and welcoming you back. Please contact me anytime should I be of further assistance: Denise.Molintas@hilton.com Ph;+8615966888001

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed one night while visiting on business. Stayed on executive floor. Rooms very clean, comfortable and quiet with modern furnishings. The executive lounge was very pleasant with a good range for breakfast. My only negative comment would be that a hotel of this type not to have wifi available in the rooms is not up to standard these days and would be a consideration for future bookings.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear ‘930turbo', We appreciate your feedback on our room and internet service at the DoubleTree by Hilton Qingdao - Chengyang. We’re sorry for the inconvenience and we would like to share a good news with you that our WiFi service is under testing now and will be provided to you soon. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we hope you’ll consider staying with us again when your travels bring you back to Qingdao. Please contact me anytime should I be of further assistance: Denise.Molintas@hilton.com Ph;+8615966888001

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed for a few days while working in Chengyang district. If wanting to visit downtown Qingdao this may not suit as it is about a 30 minute drive from the centre. But it is very convenient for the airport and where I was working. Large comfortable business hotel. Excellent and helpful staff; check-in very efficient and a large comfortable, well appointed room. Large restaurant with a choice of American, European and Oriental breakfasts - again quick and efficient staff. But I was on the 7th floor with access to the small executive lounge where breakfast was also available - although a more limited choice. All good, would definitely use this hotel on my next visit to Qingdao.

Room Tip: 7th floor rooms give access to the comfortable executive lounge.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Denise M, General Manager at Wyndham Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Chris, thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Qingdao – Chengyang. We are happy to receive your comments and thank you for the positive remarks and great room tips! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.