“Reasonable choice”

Wyndham Hotel Qingdao
Ranked #7 of 1,686 Hotels in Qingdao
Reviewed May 28, 2013

It doesn't regret the choice. Reasonable facilities and very kind and friendly service staff stands out. Location is a little inconvenient but it does not matter much. The procedure of using swimming pool and sauna is a little uncomfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Marcom A, Manager at Wyndham Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear 'sswon', thanks for staying here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Qingdao - Chengyang. We’re glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service. We look forward to having more details about your feedback on swimming pool and sauna and welcoming you back. Please contact me anytime should I be of further assistance: Denise.Molintas@hilton.com Ph;+8615966888001

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Hotel Qingdao

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed one night while visiting on business. Stayed on executive floor. Rooms very clean, comfortable and quiet with modern furnishings. The executive lounge was very pleasant with a good range for breakfast. My only negative comment would be that a hotel of this type not to have wifi available in the rooms is not up to standard these days and would be a consideration for future bookings.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear ‘930turbo', We appreciate your feedback on our room and internet service at the DoubleTree by Hilton Qingdao - Chengyang. We’re sorry for the inconvenience and we would like to share a good news with you that our WiFi service is under testing now and will be provided to you soon. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we hope you’ll consider staying with us again when your travels bring you back to Qingdao. Please contact me anytime should I be of further assistance: Denise.Molintas@hilton.com Ph;+8615966888001

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed for a few days while working in Chengyang district. If wanting to visit downtown Qingdao this may not suit as it is about a 30 minute drive from the centre. But it is very convenient for the airport and where I was working. Large comfortable business hotel. Excellent and helpful staff; check-in very efficient and a large comfortable, well appointed room. Large restaurant with a choice of American, European and Oriental breakfasts - again quick and efficient staff. But I was on the 7th floor with access to the small executive lounge where breakfast was also available - although a more limited choice. All good, would definitely use this hotel on my next visit to Qingdao.

Room Tip: 7th floor rooms give access to the comfortable executive lounge.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Denise M, General Manager at Wyndham Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Chris, thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Qingdao – Chengyang. We are happy to receive your comments and thank you for the positive remarks and great room tips! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I travel to Qingdao a few times per year for business and have stayed at a few different locations. The Hilton DoubleTree was one of my nicer stays. The activity in the hotel was very low, but I think this is because the Qingdao Beer Festival was running at the same time. I would plan to stay at this hotel again on my next trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Denise M, General Manager at Wyndham Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear TJ, thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Qingdao – Chengyang. We are happy to receive your comments and thank you for the positive remarks! I will share your comments with our team, and strive to continue improving our service and facilities. Thank you again, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

quality is good. and location is very near the airport.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Denise M, General Manager at Wyndham Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear guest, thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Qingdao – Chengyang. Thanks for the nice comments and feedback, we are happy to receive your positive remarks. I will share your comments with our team, and strive to continue improving our service and facilities. Of course if you see any areas in which we can improve, please also let us know. Thank you again, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Please contact me anytime should I be of further assistance: Denise.Molintas@hilton.com Ph; +8615966888001

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is close to the airport so makes for easy travel plans. Not so close to the seafront. I was in the Executive floor with lounge access. Room was very good comfortable and I have no complaints. The lounge was comfortable and offered a range of drinks and snacks. Breakfast was also served here and was of a good standard. The price was the same as a travel lodge in the UK so was very pleased about that to keep business expenses down.

You get a free spa voucher which I used to get access to the Turkish baths that were cavernous like in size with a range of different temperature hot tubs and all sorts of power showers. This seemed to for men only and swim trunks were asked to be removed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GrimsbyGY
Marcom A, Manager at Wyndham Hotel Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear guest, thank you for choosing to stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Qingdao – Chengyang. Thanks for the nice comments and feedback, we are happy to receive your positive remarks. I will share your comments with our team, and strive to continue improving our service and facilities. Of course if you see any areas in which we can improve, please also let us know. Thank you again, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was hoping for a little luxury after living in university housing for a few weeks. I booked two nights at the Douletree, Qingdao, Chenyang with the executive floor upgrade knowing full well that it was not in the tourist area where I had stayed several times previously. Prior to the visit the manager was very helpful in identifying golf possibilities in and around Qingdao. However, they proved just too expensive for my taste. The fact that the hotel has a driving range was a plus for me AND the manager included a coupon for 100 balls free of charge. The driving range did charge 80 rmb to use a motley set of clubs.
The hotel was clean, the staff friendly and helpful, and the executive lounge was adequate. I ate in both the western restaurant and the Chinese seafood restaurant .Both were very good and not outrageously expensive. I enjoyed walking around the neighborhood and visiting a nearby shopping center. If one wanted, McDonald's and KFC were nearby. The internet connection in the room was good and I was able to get some work done.
The big negative was the temperature of the room. I noticed on the first night that the tempertaure was 25 C which too hot for me. I turned down the thermostat but that had no effect on the temperature. The windows were locked so there was no hope to get cooler air from outside. At breakfast in the executive lounge I heard some ladies from England complaining about the high temperature in their room as well. When I reported the problem to the desk they said they would take care of it. The solution was to send a fan to my room. The fan did cool me off even though the temperature in the room reached 27 on the second afternoon. I guess I expected more from a Doubletree.
The executive lounge was nice to have. The all day good coffee and the evening happy hour with snacks, wine, beer, and liquor were very nice. The breakfast was only adequate but certainly enough.
The hotel is quite near to the airport and it seemed many business and engineer types were staying there after flying into to the Qingdao airport. I arrived by train which meant a 45 minute cab ride. Upon coming out of the train station I was assailed by a gang of cabbies wanting my business. When they learned where I was going, they wanted 200 rmb. I said no, I want pay what's on the meter. They said, no meter. When I walked away hoping to find a cab on the street a few blocks away, I was chased down by one of the guys at the station who agreed to take me on the meter. The final charge was 120 rmb. The ride back to the train station from the Doubletree cost 65 rmb. You have to love it!
I probably would not stay at the hotel again. The ambiance was not luxurious enough to make up for the remoteness of the location. If you are arriving by train, better to choose one of the good hotels downtown.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra for the executive upgrade. West side rooms pick up the afternoon sun and get ho...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo