“THE italian restaurant in Qingdao”

Bei LvDao Italian MingCai Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 1,085 Restaurants in Qingdao
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2014

A very short meal list but you'll understand why: all ingredients are so fresh and just all dishes are yummy.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Anyone whoever uses the word authentic for Italian is crazy. Italian food relies on such special ingredients that the price would be astronomical if you are anywhere but Italy. As for Trattoria Verde it is a slight bit better than a mid-range Italian restaurant. The taste is very decent, but the menu does bat back and forth from authentic style dishes and American-esque Italian concepts. The food is over-priced given the end result of several of the dishes, but over all the dining experience is pleasant I would actually rate it a 3.5 out of five but no option. Also if you just want a Pizza go somewhere else this is not that type of restaurant.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

It's quite strange to admit that the best Italian restaurant in town is leaded by a Japanese chef! The quality of food is very good, surely the most authentic pizza, but to be recommended also for seafood dishes, desserts and homemade ice-cream. The restaurant is not so big but comfortable. Service can be improved: staff and manager are nice but the waiting time is definitely too long when you are more the 2 people, and dishes for the several persons are never served in the same time.

1  Thank Chiara S
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I've been here several times, and my experience was different. First couple times I liked it, the food was pretty good for italian food, and the service was ok. But after the last visit, i am never going back again. The waiting staff including manager made multiple order and drinks mistakes, and pizza was soggy and burned, then they charged us for the food we didn't order. Total disaster evening for us and our friends.

2  Thank Marina G
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The first time, I went there with friends and 3 firends. Out of 4 persons, 3 send back their plate to the kitchen and everybody was disappointed.
Because I like very much Italian food, my wife yesteday evening wants to give me a surprise and booked this restaurant. She ordered mix grilled vegetables, and waiters brought us mix burned vegetables. It was terrible, there was an obvious smell of burn when they bring us the plate and there was many large burned black stripes on the vegetables. We asked nicely to change, but they refused and did not let the chef comes up. Other dishes were not tasty, I don't understand why does this restaurant has good reputation but for me I will never go again. For this price you can find much better in Qingdao.

3  Thank Benoit G