“Nice place”

Jenny's Cafe
Ranked #174 of 869 Restaurants in Jinan
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Can be a bit pricey for Jinan standards, but the food is delicious and the people are nice. Good service. Food from different countries. I esp like the Thai rice and the Cesar salad

There are newer reviews for Jenny's Cafe

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Good place for lunch or dinner. When you are missing simple dishes from western side. Go there !!!
Easy to find. Clean. Quiet

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I recently moved to China as an American who is very spoiled by all of the amenities we take for granted. Through other website searches, I saw many mentions of Jenny's Cafe, and knew I would have to try it for myself - and I'm so happy that I did!

I don't live in Jinan, but in a "small city" (which is still huge, even by American standards) a couple hours away, so I don't get there often, but when I do, I find the people at Jenny's to be warm and friendly. Immediately upon entering the restaurant, I felt as if I'd been teleported to any number of cafe's in America. The menu was extensive, and while not especially cheap, I found the quality to be quite decent.

My first visit, I was offered a V.I.P. card which is not only useful for a 10% discount (for everyone in the party), but it also has instructions on the back of the card that will tell a taxi driver to take you there - very helpful if your Chinese skills are as terrible as mine. When you're ready to leave, they'll help you get a taxi and tell him where you want to go.

While this review is for Jenny's Cafe, I want to also mention U-Mart, the adjacent Western grocery store. It's a very small store, and it is NOT the same as Uni-Mart. The selection isn't huge, but they do have imported butter, cream, and many varieties of cheese which make up for their small selection. In addition to the lovely dairy items, they have coffee (and filters), several types of pasta, various sauces, spices, chips/crisps, condiments and a couple of small freezers with some meats, tortillas, pizza crusts, etc.

So, if you're a Western expat in dire straits for some tastes of home, check out the combo that is Jenny's Cafe and U-Mart!

2  Thank Pamela C
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Jenny's is an adorable restaurant with great decor and convenient pick up service. If you have more than 3 in your party, they'll send a van to pick you up and you can get a ride hope.

They offer a little bit of everything: Mexican, American, Thai, Italian, etc. Thus there's no speciality. It's usually good, but not terrific. Sometimes service is slow.

It's a good place to go for Western breakfast.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

it has been great and other times so so. there is a nice small market next door that sells international goods at reasonable price.

Been to Jenny's Cafe? Share your experiences!