“Possibly the best western restaurant in Jinan”

Bu Nuo Italian Restaurant
Ranked #141 of 869 Restaurants in Jinan
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: phone 0531-66699900
Reviewed November 25, 2012

An exceptionally good restaurant!

The restaurant is located on the second floor of the newly established Inzone shopping center. It offers a very friendly and nicely furnished interior and also has a balcony for outside dining. Also there seems to be a "smoking on the balcony only" policy in place (but I'm not sure about that), however I was really delighted to enjoy my delicious food in clean air. Similar to most western restaurants nowadays, the kitchen is integrated into the one-room dining room, so you can watch the cooks scurry around the giant oven.

To say it right away: The price level is comparable to a good western restaurant, so it's very expensive for Chinese standards. I paid around 600 RMB for two people (including drinks, etc.). But I noticed that there are special deals on the menu who allow for discounts of up to 20%.

The menu itself is somewhat limited in range (compared to Italian restaurants in Germany for example) but I really have to say that the food they offer is exceptional and absolutely the very best that I've eaten in Jinan until now! After inquiring I was told that most of the ingredients (like cheese, fungi, etc.) are imported from Italy and the meat comes directly from Australia. And if you really like a very good steak then you definitely have to have a try, because I think this is the best on their menu.

Some slippages do occur, for example at that price level I would have expected the staff to have poured in my German beer (they have several brands available), but I can live with that.

But what absolutely catched me was the very friendly atmosphere! The western chef really goes to great length to make you comfortable and his wife even helped out with translating between me and my chinese guests at some point.

So in a nutshell: If you want to eat a real good western steak or italian food in Jinan and are willing to pay normal western prices for it, then this a great place to go!

2  Thank sadelux

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We are so thankful Bon Appetite is here! Their service is great, and their food is wonderful! They are more expensive than most of the other western restaurants in town, but it's worth it! The atmosphere is lovely - clean and quite! We usually get a pizza (about 140 kuai for large) and their grilled chicken flat bread sandwich (about 80 kuai). We've yet to try their steaks, but they look wonderful!

1  Thank guyinchina
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Nothing but the best seems to be the philosophy at Bon Appetit. They import cheese, flour, wine and more from Italy. The food is made from scratch and tastes like you're in Rome.

I've been there four times and each time was wonderful. The service is attentive and genuinely hospitable. The decor is chic.

Steaks and wine are pricey, but that's due to the duties.

Some of the best Italian food I've ever had any where in the world, including Italy.

1  Thank SkSogang
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The pasta dishes i experienced here have been terriffic and resonably priced, all top quality ingredients. The steak looks great, however a little expensive, however they have combinations if eating as a couple/group which would make it reasonable. Have only eaten at lunch, so do not know what it is like in the evening. The service is excellent. The chef/owner, Ben, even asked how my meal was. Nice balcony and atmosphere. Good range of music, which further compliements the atmosphere.

2  Thank tbh66
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I had heard about a real Italian restaurant just opened in Jinan but never visited them till today. I took 3 of my friends there. I ordered rib eye steak , my friends ordered their brick oven Napolitano style pizza. I felt I'm at Peter Lugar's steakhouse in NYC, the steak was tender and just great. My friends ordered their 3rd pizza, as full as I was I tried the pizza and totally Italian Napolitano pizza ( I lived in Naples for 2 years). Food is pricy but we took advantage of their combo deals. I am glad finally an American gourmet chain restaurant had guts to open here in Jinan.

1  Thank Redgarlic