InterContinental Jinan City Center
Melia Jinan(Jinan)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewsawesome locationexcellent service provideddining tablebeautiful hotelexecutive roomonly criticismfitness centerbreakfast buffetshopping mallroom servicethe club loungetrain stationwestern foodcrownchinafloorplaza
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was a lovely hotel and we were made to feel very welcome. The room was a good size with everything you could want, comfy beds, good aircon, tea & coffee etc. Bathroom was excellent with separate shower, good amenities and even your own drinking water system, which was the one and only one we struck in China. The bathroom was very clean with nice towels etc. Breakfast was excellent. Hotel is in good position within walking distance to nice parks and gardens etc. and right next door to all the shopping you could possibly want. Staff all very helpful with good English. Jinan has a nice feel about it and the hotel compliments this.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Margaret V
FlorianHeiner, General Manager at InterContinental Jinan City Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Traveloften,

I would like to express my sincere appreciation from the Crowne Plaza Jinan City Centre team as for taking your time writing us your kind comments that we have shared among all our team members.

From everyone at the Crowne Plaza Jinan City Centre we feel particularly delighted and honored about your personal commentary during your recent stay with us and that we did have succeed in meeting your expectations, as our entire team do continually endeavor to make our hotel a warm-friendly, safe and personal environment for all who stay with us.

It is particularly heartening and encouraging when our guest recognizes these efforts for our quality and personalized service delivery as to provide an upscale lifestyle experience. We do wish that you will again consider us when planning any future trip to Jinan.

Thank you again for your kind support and your time, see you soon for your next arrival with us for a continuous “Traveling for Success “.

Please feel free to contact me directly for any assistance or future booking requests.

Many thanks again!

With kind regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Having used Crowne Plaza hotels in China (Beijing and Shanghai) we were expecting a similar standard. Arrived at the Hotel at 5pm only to find the rooms weren't ready. When we were given a key, we found that only 1 of the 4 bathroom lights worked. Fortunately it was the one in the shower recess. Once we spotted the slime growing on the edges of the shower base and the un vacuumed floor in the room, the opaque window that you couldn't see out of, we headed to reception to ask for another room. After waiting for the new room to be made ready we were upgraded to a "Club" room which was cleaner, but the beds in both rooms were slabs. The overall experience was dissappointing. After reading other reviews on this hotel perhaps our experience was an anomoly, but its how it was. Next time I will be choosing another hotel in Jinan.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
FlorianHeiner, General Manager at InterContinental Jinan City Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Doxal 1,

Many thanks for your constructive comments and we do appreciated taking your time and I would like to thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Jinan City Centre for your recent stay.
Our team has taken sincere note for the inconvenience and disappointment you have experienced. Any remarks concerning our facilities and services will aid us in striving to make ourselves better. Our entire teams bold wish would be to show you on your next arrival in Jinan our true excellence in personalized service delivery and attention to detail.
Many thanks again.

With kind regards

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I enjoyed both my stays at the Crowne Plaza. My rooms were beautiful and the staff was welcoming and informative. I liked the hotel's proximity to Quancheng Square, the city center which offers a light show by the fountain every evening at 8pm.

The hotel is close to several department stores, two Starbucks (my breakfast preference) and a charming food street and hutong area where there is a church built in 1860s. The staff directed me to a good shop for silk clothing just on the other side of the square.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
FlorianHeiner, General Manager at InterContinental Jinan City Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear SkSogang ,

Many thanks! From everyone at the Crowne Plaza Jinan City center we feel particular delighted about your personal commentary during your recent stay with us and that we did succeed in meeting your expectations. Our entire team members continually does endeavor to make the Crowne Plaza Jinan City Centre a friendly and personal environment for all guests who stay with us here.
It is great that you have enjoyed the spectacular fountain show across our hotel at the Spring Square with an extensive luxury lifestyle shopping boulevard attached to our hotel.
We do hope to welcoming you back soon here again so that we have the opportunity to assist you to explore many more wonderful attractions in Jinan like a visit to the Baotu Spring Park with its hundreds natural springs running through the city and connected to its beautiful Daming Lake Park and the thousand-Buddha Mountain.

Many thanks again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2012

This was our third visit to Jinan. On the last two occasions we stayed – very happily – at Sofitel. This time we thought we’d give the Crowne Plaza, just around the corner, a try.

It got off to a good start at the reception desk: they brought us glasses of tea whilst we checked in, a nice touch. The room was also fine, with a good view over the city. There was free internet in the room. But they forgot to bring our welcome fruit and several of the electric sockets didn’t work. The bedroom window was badly scratched from the outside, partly obscuring the view. So at this point the stylish Sofitel had a slight lead.

The Crowne Plaza staff were without exception helpful and friendly.

Breakfast decided it. At the Crowne Plaza the breakfast room was nicer, especially if you asked for a table at the window, but it cost the equivalent of 20 EUR per head and the choice was much smaller than at Sofitel. On the second day we took breakfast in the room, which cost only half the restaurant price. It was nicely served but there were things on the menu that were not available, they forgot the eggs and the food was luke-warm.

I am told by locals that the Sheraton is better than both but it is not downtown and therefore less suitable for tourists.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian2109
CPJinan, General Manager at InterContinental Jinan City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,
First of all many thanks for having stayed at our hotel and for having taken your time to write your constructive comments. I am very happy to hear that you found my staff to be very friendly and helpful. I have personally looked into the shortcomings in the room as well as the your comments on the breakfast choices/pricing, to further improve on our offers. I was sorry to hear that the room service had forgotten your eggs and rest assured that I took immediate action that this will not happen again. You may have realized that we are undergoing an extension on our south side adding an additional 150 rooms, new banquet and F/B facilities and a new lobby, which then will be followed by a refurbishing program of our exisiting hotel. I trust that we will be able to welcome you back again and please feel free to contact me personally as I would be more than happy to assist in any arrangments you may need. Beat Wiesmann, General Manager

Reviewed February 3, 2012

OK, Jinan is certainly not an area known for its tourism and this is not a destination hotel. But you are going there for business and you want a decent, safe place to stay. So the Crowne Plaza pretty much fits the bill. The Western menu isn't bad, and the bar with it's typical band is a nice change if you've had it with rice and noodles. The rooms are big, but as other reviewers stated, the carpets are trashed and the A/C is not so good. It was about -25C when I was there but the room was uncontrollably hot-which unfortunately is fairly typical in China. Internet seemed OK, a bit slow, but was fairly stable. Would I recommend this again? Yes, until someone builds a better 4-5 star hotel in the area, it's probably the best choice.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear Sir,
First of all I thank you for having stayed at our hotel and that you took your time to leave your comments. It was nice to hear that, in general, you enjoyed your stay with us. I have taken up your comments on the temperature control with my engineers and they have improved the said room accordingly. You may have realized that, after over 10 years of existence, we are adding a new wing to the south which will give us an approx. no. of 150 new rooms as well as new banquet facilities, a new lobby, as well as new F/B outlets. This will follow with a refurbishment of the old rooms thereafter. We truly hope that we will be able to accommodate you again in the future and please feel free to contact me personally for any arrangements I can do for you.
Beat Wiesmann, General Manager