“Nice hotel but far to city.”

Sheraton Shenyang South City Hotel
Ranked #10 of 1,108 Hotels in Shenyang
Aventura, Florida
“Nice hotel but far to city.”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed in this hotel in May for 2 nights. It is a nice hotel. Room clean. Nice bed. I booked this hotel by mistake thinking.it is in the city. This is a new built hotel. They looks like sold the old Sheraton. It is very close the airport I will recomend this hotel if you will fly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mdo1942

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed June 5, 2014

It was an anbelievable stay, although I was a platinum SPG member at that time. Big room. This is everything. Wrong climatization in the middle of winter, the whole hotel was like antarctica. Restaurants were not open. The only open restaurant was not serving properly. Manager was abnormally rude, shouting at me because I was getting angry due to my diabetes and due to waiting around 45 min until they understand what I am ordering, although I was showing it from the menu with my finger. The only thing I could ate at the end was what I could find in minibar, since the hotel is in the middle of nowhere. Lounge was not open. Zero english by all the staff except the shouting manager. I enjoyed all the starwood hotels I stayed until this disaster. I wrote a complain letter afterwards to SPG, no answer. Apparently they also do not think that this disaster belongs to them. Good luck to whomever stays there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bulent U
Chinatown, Singapore
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I spend 2 nights in this hotel, it was great! Thought it's a little bit far from the downtoan area, it was nice for people want to relax just like myself. The outside garden was amazing, and the food in Japanese restaurant was excellent. Service is good, and staffs are friendly and smile to me whenever they saw me. All these make this trip a memorable and valueable precious both to my friend and I. In short, this hotel is a great place to stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Star126_9
SheratonSouthCitySY, Manager at Sheraton Shenyang South City Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear guest, thanks for staying at Sheraton Shenyang South city hotel and share you experience. we are honor to provide the comfort experience and services. We will try our best to provide the satisfied experience for our guest. Hope to seeing you again
Changchun, China
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We had an excellent stayed atShetraton South city hotel with all family such as 22 persons. You feel special at Sheraton,qiuet and they do everything possible to create a lovely atmosphere for your vacation. We really enjoyed being there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas USA
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Pros:
---5-star facility
---large suites
---great breakfast with good variety of western and asian
---good service
---excellent SPG recognition
---good relative value

Cons:
---distance from city - can take 30-60 minutes to reach city destinations, depending on time of day
---pools all closed
---locker rooms/sauna/etc all closed
---club lounge still not yet open

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
SheratonSSC, Manager at Sheraton Shenyang South City Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear guest, thanks for your sharing your experience, Sheraton Shenyang South City near by a lot of top 500 companies, 10 minute to airport by driving.
Reviewed September 23, 2013

What a nightmare !!
September 23, 2013
Hotel is rather new, in the middle of nothing. 2 from the four restaurants closed , not even opened , one Western restaurant serving very very small menu with pizza and sandwich, Chinese restaurant was very very poor !
When I asked the reception is there is a room service menu , her answer was , call the guest help , can you imagine ?? I cannot believe this , no food availed nothing , overall very poor English the former Sheraton lido what is now Sofitel was a perfect hotel the best in the area . This one will loose all clients to the Hyatt, ShangriLa , kempinski and even Sofitel.
First stay here and certainly the last , will make sure non of my suppliers will put the many customers they have in this 3 star hotel.
Sorry for this tough review , but the only thing at this hotel is the room , ps where all foreign tv channels are listed but NON of them working . Oh yes and the most funny thing
You have to pay for WIFI in the room !!!!!
First time ever in china I have this .
A very unhappy and disappointed Former Sheraton fan .
Pls make sure to reserve a taxi , there are zero taxis on the street here
I'd Recommend This Hotel to Others For:
nothing, this just opened too soon

Room Tip: There are many good options In Shenyang, this hotel might have a good rate , now i know why
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RPT250101
Sheraton Shenya... H, Manager at Sheraton Shenyang South City Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Firstly, we sincerely appreciate your trust in choosing to stay with us at the newly opened Sheraton Shenyang South City Hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to complete our customer questionnaire.

However, we were sorry to find out that you were not happy with your overall experience. Let us begin by sincerely apologizing for any inconvenience we have caused to you during your stay.

I have shared your feedback with relevant department heads to improve the level of service we offer to our guests. My team has looked into your stay to try and find areas where we fell short.
My whole team is determined to provide you with 100% comfortable stay in your next visit.

Should you wish to share more about your stay, you are welcome to let me know.

I sincerely look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Sheraton Shenyang South City "where you feel belong”.

Peter Gan