“Nice place to stay in Shenyang”

Shangri-La Hotel Shenyang
Ranked #4 of 1,145 Hotels in Shenyang
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Clean room and professional service, very convenient to the airport and city center and resorts in Shenyng, and very close to shopping mall as well (actually just cross the street), gerneral is a wonderful place to stay in Shenyang.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This newly opened Shangri-La in Shenyang provided my best hotel experience in over 17 years of travel around China - including 3 other Shangri-La's in other cities. The facility is absolutely beautiful, rooms provide everything that could be desired, and the food was a wonderful blend of ethnic and Western items. What really set this hotel apart from the others was the personal attention and recognition given to all of their guests. I'm usually very bad at remembering names - but so many people in different areas of the hotel are now firmly in my list of friends. I'm really looking forward to going back again. Gary Biondo - the general manager there - was always evident throughout the hotel making sure that everything was perfect.

Room Tip: Construction is ongoing around this location - best rooms would be on the park view side closest to...
Reviewed November 7, 2013

First class experience from the car service upon arrival at the airport through to checkout. Rooms are not only great in style but also very functional for doing business at the desk. Dinner at the Chinese restaurant was very nice. Breakfast & lunch buffet were both excellent. The best part was the exceptional service I had while I was there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Reviewed November 1, 2013

As all new openings it's true that there's room to improve! However my feeling was that all the more senior staff was aware about this and tried to make my stay as pleasant as possible. I was very well welcomed at the check in and took really 5 min to have the room key. The room was specious, perfectly clean, and still "smelling new", although no night service appeared to refresh the room and change the towels. I also dined at the Chinese restaurant and also there the service has been proper and punctual, even though the all restaurnat had only few tables with guests. The morning after a very nice lady helped me to check out and book a taxi to the train station in only 5 min wait. I have been in other hotels in Shenyang, but I have to admit that even with the weaknesses of a newly open spot, Shangri La is the best choice so far in town.

1  Thank littlesecret2
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Shenyang's Shangri-La just opened, and the service was friendly, urban, and very attentive amidst amazing marble and chandeliers, and comfortable rooms with a view of the park. New, but professional, and the team is making every effort to be sophisticated and approachable.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a park view.
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed for business trip in Shenyang and tried a new Hotel. But it looks it's just too new.
Rooms are great nice view to the park on the other side of the road and the television tower, clean and friendly room service.
Sport-Center ok, but the business floor / executive floor still not opened. Lobby bar, good live. Music, not too loud so you can still have a talk with each other.
Disappointing was the second evening in the Buffet-Restaurent, closed at 9:00, but already shortly after 20:00 all dishes cold nothing new coming. The fresh made noodles and the sushi perfect, but all the others no go, cold chicken, cold Indian dishes ...... The big Italian Parmegiano tastes like its there since the opened, hard and oily. Next time we better go to the shopping mall on the other side of the road. Nearly 300 RMB is still much too much for this quality, there it also won't help that the front desk offered us a 10% discount for the food when we checked out.
We could say there is not enough guest at the moment because the Hotel is very new, so we will try again.

1  Thank Red_Chinese
SLSH, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Shenyang, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Red Chinese,

Thank you for staying with us and for providing us your valuable comments. It is always our goal at the Shangri-La hotel, Shenyang to provide sincere and heart-felt service to all our guests.

The concerns you mentioned have been well noted and brought to the attention of the relevant managers for their guidance to their teams. I do thank you again for your comments and I would welcome any future communications with you. I can be contacted at your convenience at gary.biondo@shangri-la.com .

Please trust our commitment to deliver excellent and caring service to our valued guest like you. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The team at this hotel is extremely junior and cannot resolve any issue. During my check in, it took them an hour to make sure the availability of the room and to arrange my room. By the time I got to my room, the key did not work. During which a staff kindly offered to help. However, when she received a call on her cell phone, she got distracted and started talking about her vacation. During all this, I was still standing outside with all my luggage at 10 pm at night in the hall way. Finally I went back downstairs to ask the front desk to remake the key. All so that the next day the key would malfunction again and I'd have to run back to get a new key again.

One of the service leaders called my room to apologize and offer me a bottle a wine. While a nice gesture, but if you were truly sorry you should say it in person and if You wanted to offer a nice gesture you just do it, not ask for permission. This is just ridiculous.

During check out, one of my friends waited 15 minutes for one of the staff to print the receipt. good ing she double checked the amount because he printed the receipt for "$1"!

This was a nightmare stay at the hotel in terms of service. Super disappointed as it was a Shangri la. Definitely changed my opinion on this hotel chain.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Christina C
SLSH, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Shenyang, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Cchao1,

I thank you for staying with us at Shangri-La Hotel, Shenyang, and I am sorry to hear of your staying experiences. I share the same feelings with you. The concerns you mentioned have been well noted and the relative division managers have taken actions to retrain our colleagues. At the same time, I do appreciate your honest and valuable comments. I would be very happy to communicate further with you, so please feel free to contact me at gary.biondo@shangri-la.com. Please trust our commitment to deliver excellent and caring service to all our guest and we look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next stay with us.