“Nice”

KaoLa Restaurant
Ranked #143 of 1,558 Restaurants in Shenyang
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Having read the reviews I was eager to try this joint out, but something must have changed. Yes the staff are very friendly, but I was there for the food. Several dishes were off the menu, the food was in my opinion just average, the air con kept failing (no fun when you shut in small room in August). Is it worth a visit? Yes if you are in the area, but I would not make a special journey.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Was there today for lunch with my friend. Had pâté to start it was delicious then had the duck also very delicious. The service was prompt and very friendly with good English. Price was good value for your money. Most certainly will be back.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were visiting Shenyang for business. Decided to go to Koala and several other restaurants as it had been a while since I had eaten anything like food back home. The owner was really friendly and chatty, and he offered us suggestions on what to eat. The flavors were wonderful, and varied. It was a truly enjoyable dining experience.

If you haven't had good Western food in a while, and you really enjoy quality and flavor, this is a must stop for your travel through Shenyang. I had a big smile on my face after eating there. As the owner said, "It's not as good as I can make in Australia, but I have to get creative with some of the spices."

Reviewed December 7, 2012

This family run restaurant provides a menu that is genuinely Australian with a great variety including; steak, fish & chips (best I've found in China), salads, lasagne, other pasta and pizza (dessert includes creme caramel and crepes).

The staff are all family members so the service is truly personal. The Chinese owner speaks perfect English, having trained as a chef in Australia and working in Sydney for a number of years.

It's the perfect place to meet genuine locals, foreigners, and travellers alike.

1  Thank MissTassie

Been to KaoLa Restaurant? Share your experiences!