“Priority Card Does not work”

Holiday Inn Shenyang Zhongshan
Ranked #236 of 1,108 Hotels in Shenyang
Oman
“Priority Card Does not work”
Reviewed November 23, 2010

My wife and I have been staying at this hotel for the past 4 years when we come to Shenyang to visit the family. My Gold Priority Card does not work for any discounts but helps with the bookings. Staff have always been good to us and very helpfull. We don't eat at the hotel because my wife prefers out side restaurants, so do I, more choice. Nice walk to Chairman Mao square and a very nice beer garden at the 977 Club. All in all, pretty good place to stay. Have recommended this hotel to a couple of my friends who live just outside Shenyang. They say the same as me.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel. While the location is very good (near Taiyuan shopping street, Zhongshan Square, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts), it is badly in need of renovation. The rooms and furnishings/fixtures are dated and the room just did not seem clean. The shower was terrible, with low pressure for the hot water and the shower curtain was stained and dirty. Also, there is quite a bit of traffic noise and horn honking from Zhongshan square. There are other hotels that are a much better value in Shenyang.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kevin0870

Travelers are raving about these Shenyang hotels

Shenzhen, China
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Great value! Staff was very friendly, room was excellent, service was supurb, food was great, and everything worked! Had no problems whatsoever! Better than most hotels in USA! Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Firenze
Reviewed October 22, 2009

I received Confirmation Letter for reservation for the period from 9th oct to 30th oct where it was written RATE PER ROOM = RMB 418. (for every day for the period I requested)
21st oct I asked an information invoice where I read the following rates :
418 RMB (for 4 days)
518 RMB (for 3 days)
558 RMB (for 6 days0.
This corresponds to an average rate of 506 RMB/each day(more than 20%). I asked why to the reception, but they said that the person that sent confirmation (an Holiday Inn employer !) made a mistake and the rate (on confirmation letter) was not true.
So I decided for checkout the day later and to change hotel.
Be careful to use Internet connection because it is much expensive ( about 2 euros for 1 hour and 5 euros for a day)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank giovbac
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed October 15, 2009

this is the third time we stayed there for an overnight. The first time the smell in the room was terrible, like an open sewer. The second time the maitre d' got us a rogue taxi to get to the airport. This time, when we arrived after 2 long flights at 11:00 p.m. at night there was not a porter in sight so we had to remove our own luggage from the taxi. Someone showed up once all the luggage was inside the lobby. There was no food to be had at that time either. The breakfast is good and plentiful, so is the food when it is available. Front desk people have always been very good, professional and they speak English

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Kenosha, WI
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I stayed here for 4 nights in Sept. 2009. This was my first trip to China, and the first place I stayed, but due to the fantastic staff and nice facilities, I felt right at home! Loved it, and will definitely stay here again if I am ever back in Shenyang!

Breakfast was wonderful!!! They have a "western" food side and a Chinese food side, and a made-to-order omlette area. They also have a bread table and sweets table (muffins, doughnuts, danishes, etc.). Top notch chefs and staff in the dining area. Attentive and polite staff made me feel very comfortable and remembered me each morning (what I wanted to drink, where I preferred to sit, etc.).

Rooms are your typical hotel room, fine. Clean, kept up well. No complaints there.

Location is near some yummy restaurants, near the town centre and right around the corner from Starbucks (always a plus!).

All in all, wonderful time!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
London
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I just came back from Shenyang and my 4 days stay in Holiday Inn. OMG - this place is just horrid - I hated every single part of it. When I arrived, there was no one to meet me, and help me with my heavy luggage, no concierge and people at the reception were so cold, didn't even speak to me. I was very dissapointed from the early start. I had another dissapointed when I saw the room - very small, old fashion with horrible carper. Everything was dated and deffinetly needed refurbishment.
The bathroom was small, with attached shower caps and as someone said before non slipery matt was certaly very slippery. I also don't think that room was spot clean. I had two beds in the room and one was filty - there were marks on the pillow - that bad wasn't change during my stay at the hotel!
The cleaner just tide up the bad I was sleeping in and nothing else, they didn't even fil l n my fridge when I took something from it.
No one spoke English or very limited which is really dissapointing for place such as Holiday Inn.
This is the first and last time that I stayed in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business