Sofitel Shenyang Lido
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Bayi Hotel(Shenyang)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe executive loungenice triptable tennishave stayed here many timesfrench restaurantprepare foodwonderful stayclub floorbusiness tripstaff workingwarm smilehigher floorhotel gueststaxi driverthe upper floorsthe entire staffnice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I spent 8 nights at this hotel for business. The staff were excellent but only a handful speak English. The hotel shuts off the air conditioning in winter so the room was very warm. I needed a fan and an open window to get through the night. Very nice lobby and breakfast. I spent a lot of time in the English pub to relax, very comfortable. Location is ok, nothing really nearby to walk to. My biggest complaint is I didn't get credit for staying at the hotel (Sofitel points). I sent the manager an email a few days ago and so far no reply. I have another long trip coming up and if I don't hear back I will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Nancy Z, Manager at Sofitel Shenyang Lido, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Bonjour from Sofitel Shenyang Lido.

We really appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. It's always a pleasure to receive feedbacks. We regret that we did not provide you a wonderful experience as per your expectations.I will bring it up to the management to ensure that proper measures are taken to train our staff and improve the quality of service.

Our member ship card manager already send your a email with detail information about didn't credit for staying at the hotel

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and hope your next stay will be better than the previous one.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was back in this hotel last week (middle of March 2014), after having stayed and written a review on it in November 2013. I write again after only a mere four months from the last review is because I would like to share with you some of my new observations. I did witness improvements on the areas which received negative comments: The speed of WIfi is better now; the staff at the main entrance are more responsive in helping the guests when they arrive with luggage; the staff at the reception counter are very efficient and friendly; just to name a few. However, I still feel that the hotel needs some renovation as the hardware starts to show its age.

I stayed at the Executive Floor, the team at the registration counters, namely, Eileen, Mary, Chancy, and Michael were all ready to spring up to help the guests. They are commendable. The Choice of breakfast at the Executive lounge was still very limited. Jason, the staff working in the Executive Lounge, was still forever so helpful. He knew that I took porridge with peanut, which was not provided by the hotel, He went all the way to a super-market just to buy for me. He is so attentive and helpful. How not to come back to this hotel again with such an efficient staff. The Resident Manager, Mr. Stanley Lo took the trouble to speak to me and look after my well being personally. His staff Linda Zhao even contacted me before my arrival to check what else I would need during my stay.

In my opinion, there are many hotel with new and good facilities, what distinguish a better one from the rest is the Service and attentiveness. Sofitel Lido is the one that possesses this distinction.

I shall come back again in May 2014.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Nancy Z, Manager at Sofitel Shenyang Lido, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Shenyang Lido on your recent visit in Shenyang. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay . At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest.I want to thank you to taking time to share your review on TripAdvisor and giving us your valuable feeback which we will use to provide better service to our future guests.

We look forward to welcome you very soon,

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed there from 3rd to 4th to March. Booked via Ctrip due to its not possible to book 4 rooms at Accor homepage in one step. At Ctrip that works.
Some points:
- Reception not really know all benefits of a platinum member (like upgrade, lounge access). They know late check out and welcome package (see next point)
- Mixed up the room keys, means my collegue got the welcome fruits and drink at his room. I found it out after I checked the WIFI access code with the reception. Big question: why not write the name at the key cover, there is a field made for that which can easily avoid key mixing ?
- Quite strong parfume smell at the lobby
- Bar tender was not sure about cocktails,
- At checkin they told me that I will not get points at LeClub due to I booked via Ctrip. Still not understand it due to at all other booking via Ctrip this was never a point. A day later in Beijing (also booked via Ctrip) this was not an isue.

- Good: Bed, Bathroom, Checkout (I asked the girl if they have an executive lounge, she said yes. It seamed that she right away checked my statuts and went in front of desk an said big excuses not mentioned this at checkin.....)

So in total its a so so impression I got. I few month before, at Sofitel NingBo, they already know at Hotel side in advance that I will be arriving there and been well prepared (check in at executive incl. my collegues etc.) even I also booked it via Ctrip.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Shenyang Lido. We are pleased to read that you had a good sleep in our hotel.

We noted your comment, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Rest assured that the Department Head concerned has been informed who will be taking the appropriate measures in order to address the issues which you raised.

If you would like to discuss your experience with me, please send an email to qm@sylido.com so I may address it with you directly.

It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for the last 9 years. Its executive lounge is excellent, with dim sum dished prepared by Hong Kong Chef that was hired when hotel opened.

The employees at the lounge provides top notch service that did not diminish after switch from Sheraton to Sofitel.

The guest rooms at the hotel do need an update after nine years of use.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and with the other travellers of Trip Advisor.We are pleased to read your gracious remark regarding your recent stay in our hotel.

We noted your comment regarding the need to upgrade certain facility of our hotel. Therefore, we are already in progress of modernize our facility from floor to floor.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

If you would like to discuss your experience with me, please send an email to sofitel@sylido.com so I may address it with you directly.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com