“Good experience, solid service quality in last 15 months”

Ranked #6 of 1,117 Hotels in Shenyang
Beijing, China
“Good experience, solid service quality in last 15 months”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I am coming for business trips to Shenyang and stayed few hotels in last 2 years. I believe this hotel and Crowne Plaza are only decent options.

Let me explain a bit further,
Location, Shenyang is not a touristic city the only place is old palace that is also cultural heritage site. It is not far from hotel and could reach within 10 minutes by foot. There are some low-mid class restaurant around hotel in almost all directions. Finding a taxi is normally not a problem but depending on day time and season, traffic could be annoying as it is a downtown hotel.

Hotel building is quite nice designed and well maintained, you feel like it is 1 year old hotel although it is older.

Rooms are clean and comfortable, air condition is working well – silent and makes the room quickly warm in cold winter season or cool in hot summer season, there are LED TV, fridge, a nice filter coffee machine as well as iphone docking station. Rooms are all silent despite of being downtown hotel. Carpets and furniture are also clean and/or renewed regularly. Lights in the room are great and you can select as you wish. (I am tired of almost dark rooms in several hotel rooms). Bathrobes are also provided top quality Turkish towels. Stable wireless internet also offered for free in the rooms.

At check-in like other double-tree hotels you receive a fresh baked cookies these are really quite good and I really enjoy every time when I am checking-in. At check-in, all speak good English and quick, I have never had a problem at check-in or check-out.

Executive Lounge, it is at top floor and usually quite empty and offer also a meeting room that is quite convenient for business meetings. There are some soft drinks and quite limited food offer at dinner – breakfast time. It is enough but compare to Hilton or Marriott clearly limited/less. (to enter either HHonnors member or additional charge depending on booking class)

Dinner at hotel own restaurant, there are good discount for the hotel guest and the offer is good and price is fair. Probably it is one of the best western food that is available in Shenyang (although best of the buffet are sushi and grilled fish, I still considered all non-Chinese as western)

There is a small swimming pool, clean and nice similarly training room as well.

Hotel Personal, there are some foreigner supervisors, managers but mainly local people. I have only good experiences and they are quite helpful, time to time, I also received upgrade to better rooms at higher floors.

Shenyang is in general cheap city compare to Beijing-Shanghai therefore hotel rates are also cheaper, I believe it is a good price-value. However you can also consider Crowne Plaza that is a bit far from downtown but also comparable tough normally a bit more costly, but a good park where you can walk and close to a good Korean BBQ restaurant.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Stephen M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang!

I sincerely appreciate your trust in choosing to stay with us at DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang and thank you for taking the time to provide such a thorough feedback online. Guest feedback has been the most important channel for us to relate to guests so we can monitor and improve our products and quality of services.

I was glad to know from your comments that you enjoyed your long term stay with us. Thank you for recognizing the service of our team members and I appreciate your thorough review and compliment on the hotel facilities. Recognition from guests has been a big driving force for us to achieve high performance. It has been our goal to equip ourselves with the most state-of-the-art facilities and provide a most rewarding experience to contemporary travelers. We have also been training our team to demonstrate genuine care, a personable voice, and high service standards for guest worldwide.

Our team is committed to your complete satisfaction and empowered to deliver personalized service attending to your needs. Should you have any kind of need during your next stay please do not hesitate to contact myself or our CARE Center by dialing ”0”. We will make sure to deliver the best we have to offer to achieve your satisfaction.

Again, thank you for your review and it was a real pleasure to have you as our loyal guest. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the DT Shenyang “where the little things mean everything”!

(86 24) 8411 8888

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
广州, China
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Good serive, flet like home...except breakfast, I chose "breakfast" on "My Way" of my golden member account, but reception told me there was not breakfast for me...Others are very good, good attitude of every staff of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephen M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang!

I sincerely appreciate your trust in choosing to stay with us at DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang and thank you for taking the time to provide your comments online. Guest feedback has been the most important channel for us to relate to guests so we can monitor and improve our products and quality of services.

I was glad to know from your comments that you thought your stay was a pleasant one. Thank you for recognizing the service of our team members. Recognition from guests has been a big driving force for us to achieve high performance. It has been our goal to equip ourselves with the most state-of-the-art facilities and provide a most rewarding experience to contemporary travelers. We have also been training our team to demonstrate genuine care, a personable voice, and high service standards for guest worldwide.

Meanwhile, I noticed your comments on your breakfast entitlement. Please be assured I have passed your feedback to concerned department to investigate and we will take corrective actions once confirmed.

Our team is committed to your complete satisfaction and empowered to deliver personalized service attending to your needs. Should you have any kind of need during your next stay please do not hesitate to contact me or our CARE Center by dialing ”0”. We will make sure to deliver the best we have to offer to achieve your satisfaction.

Again, thank you for your comments and it was a real pleasure to have you as our guest. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the DT Shenyang “where the little things mean everything”!

Levice / trnava, Slovakia
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I visited this hotels more time, I recived every time very good service. Hotel is friendly not only for Chinese traveler, but for visitors from foreign countries too. Offer very good accommodation, varried beakfast and a couple of other services.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephen M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang!

I was glad to know from your comments that you thought your stay was a pleasant one. Recognition from guests has been a big driving force for us to achieve high performance. I’ll be sure to pass on your comments to concerned departments to continue to refine the level of service we offer. It has been our goal to equip ourselves with the most state-of-the-art facilities and provide a most rewarding experience to contemporary travelers. We have also been training our team to demonstrate genuine care, a personable voice, and high service standards for guest worldwide.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I like the free WiFi at my room as well as other places within the hotel, the new & spacious swimming pool as well as the smile of the hotel staff there. I feel quite convenient both for living and working inside this hotel. I will choose to stay in this hotel again next time when I travel to Shenyang.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephen M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang!

I was glad to know from your comments that you thought your stay was a pleasant one. Thank you for recognizing the service of our team members and I appreciate your compliment on the hotel facilities. Recognition from guests has been a big driving force for us to achieve high performance. I’ll be sure to pass on your comments to concerned departments to continue to refine the level of service we offer. It has been our goal to equip ourselves with the most state-of-the-art facilities and provide a most rewarding experience to contemporary travelers. We have also been training our team to demonstrate genuine care, a personable voice, and high service standards for guest worldwide.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed January 9, 2014

the location is very good! if you mention to taxi driver the WuAi street Hilton, nobody didn't know! the enfironment is silent, and the sanitation is ablolutely hig standard: the towel's and the Turkish towel's soft grade, thickness grade, white grade is indeed put deep endeavor and consideration. the nicest feeling is that the hotel could arrange the regid bed board, room position according your requirement. and also be human nature to arrange smoking room rather then some of other foreign brand radical hotel sanctimonously said that our entire building will not allowed to be smoking.... and the breakfast environment and the food category is good enough, you can sit near big windows, enjoying the outside scene of the chimney doing expiration while drinking coffee. and even though the breakfast time is over, but the waitress run true to form grinding coffee with patience for you and answer your question with open arms, even though the question is no relation with her job. when you check out, when they know you need taxi to far place, in order to keep the taxi's standard, they actively to help you calling some taxi driver. of course, after 20 minutes, the result is not so satisfactory, but their intention is good firstly.

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang!

I sincerely appreciate your trust in choosing to stay with us at DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang. Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments online. Guest feedback has been the most important channel for us to relate to guests so we can monitor and improve our products and quality of services.

北京, China
Reviewed December 30, 2013

It's comfortable and nice staying here~ I can get what i want in time. Service here is good and meets my needs~ I got a nice and delicious cookie when i checked in, that's very warm to me. Hope will see you soon~

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephen M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang!

I sincerely appreciate your continous trust and support in choosing to stay with us at DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang. Thank you for taking the time to providing us with your valuable feedback. Guest feedback has been the most important channel for us to relate to guests so we can monitor and improve our products and quality of services.

I am delighted to know you thought your stay was a pleasant one. Thank you for recognizing the work of our team members. Recognition from guests has been a big driving force for us to achieve high performance. It has been our goal to equip ourselves with the most state-of-the-art facilities and provide a most rewarding experience to contemporary travelers. We have also been training our team to demonstrate genuine care, a personable voice, and high service standards for guest worldwide.

Our team is committed to your complete satisfaction and empowered to deliver personalized service attending to your needs. Should you have any kind of need during your next stay please do not hesitate to contact me or our Care Center by dialing ”0”. We will make sure to deliver the best we have to offer to achieve your satisfaction.

Again, thank you for your comments and it is a real pleasure to have you as our loyal guest. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the DT Shenyang “where the little things mean everything”!

Lisse, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 29, 2013

One of the very best hotels of China. We loved to stay there and there was not a single dismiss, everything was well done. Go there if you need everything you want and they will fulfill it. We certainly will come back again and we recommend everybody to go there for an excellent treat.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephen M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Shenyang!

I am delighted to know you thought your stay was a pleasant one. Thank you for recognizing the work of our team members. Recognition from guests has been a big driving force for us to achieve high performance. I’ll be sure to pass on your comments to concerned departments to continue to refine the level of service we offer. It has been our goal to equip ourselves with the most state-of-the-art facilities and provide a most rewarding experience to contemporary travelers. We have also been training our team to demonstrate genuine care, a personable voice, and high service standards for guest worldwide.