“Really liked this friendly hotel”

Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview
Ranked #11 of 1,117 Hotels in Shenyang
Reviewed January 25, 2014

It helped that I was upgraded without asking and the well-appointed and comfortable room was excellent. Food was good and friendly, courteous staff everywhere. The hotel manager was even in the lobby on check-out, greeting guests. Imrpessed with this. And all at reasonable cost by international standards. Good central city location too, near the park and a smart red dragon exhibit (modern statue?) where early morning Tai Chi exercises in -21C temperatures held each morning. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Beat W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview. Your opinion and feedback is extremely important to us, as it will help us to further enhance and shape our service in delivering a truly memorable and authentic experience to our customers.

I am pleased to know that we were able to delight you and look forward to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview soon. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly any time if we can be of assistance to you for your next stay in Shenyang.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Crowne Plaza Parkview is the only fine facilitied hotel in the surronding of the Huanggu district. With the best locations priorities whenever go shoppings or make a city adventure in the near around hotel. Once when i was visting Beilin Park and it was only taken 10 minutes indeed convinent. This hotel was founed in 2010 and it newly opened everything seemed to be elegant and comfortable. You can find altogether 6 restaurant located inside hotels strutures and one of the best restaurant which i have oftenly visit is Alcala which is a all day dinning restarant located in ground floor. The foods here are authentic and have plent choices to satisfy your tougue. The colleages here are well mannered and can speak fluent English!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Beat W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Valued Guest: First of all many thanks for your visit to our Hotel and it is very gratifying to hear, that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will convey your message to my people, especially the Alcala team! Again, all our appraciations and we look forward to welcome you back again!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at the Crowne Plaza Parkview and was happy with the hotel.

Upon checking in, I was upgraded to a superior room. The room layout was kind of strange with the area around the bed kind of tight and had a tight desk area around a corner, but the bathroom was spacious. My first thought was that I was going to forget something in the desk area (since it was out of sight) and told myself to not forget to check there before I left. Ended up leaving clothes in the closet...

The room temp was perfect throughout my stay. Never too hot or cold - it was way below freezing outside. A person traveling with me had a room that was way too cold, and then was transferred to a room way too hot (maybe setting the thermostat is tricky). I had no problems.

The room was clean... The bed was comfortable... Good pillows. The TV had a variety of English channels.

The bathroom had both a shower and a tub. No problems with getting enough hot water.

In the lobby there was a nice lounge with a girl playing piano. It is a nice area to hang out.

The staff was excellent and friendly.

My only real gripe was the place was kind of pricey for laundry and spa services.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Beat W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear valued guest: Many thanks for your feedback about your stay at our hotel. It is gratifying to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have noted all your comments and will share it with my staff. Your comment on the laundry and Spa pricing is well noted and will be considered for review. Thank you again and wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

This Crowne Plaza is everything you have come to expect with this hotel chain. The rooms are well appointed, modern and clean. During a recent stay, I had left something in the room. When I had called back to the hotel later that night (after checking out), I expected to hear that the item was not found. However, I was told that the item was found. The assistant front office manager Roy Yuan went above and beyond to make sure that this item was sent to me as soon as possible at the hotel I was staying at in Beijing.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to anyone who is looking for

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Beat W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Sir, thank you for taking the time to share with us on Trip Advisor your experience during your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview. Being our valued guest, your opinion and feedback is extremely important to us in delivering a truly memorable and authentic experience to our customers. I am pleased to know that we were able to delight you and look forward to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview soon. I relayed your message to Roy and I am very pleased to hear that he went out of his way to ensure your lost item was returned. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time if I can be of assistance to you for your next stay in Shenyang.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Located Near the Beilin Park. Rooms are good, spacious . Restaurants are good. Front desk is friendly and helpful. Good breakfast and wifi, complimentary. Lot of parking space. Cleanliness, laundry are good. Decoration of the Hotel is good. Room tariff is on the higher side.

Room Tip: Never mind . Rooms are good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dsanyal
Beat W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear valued Guest: Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview. Being our valued guest, your opinion and feedback is extremely important to us, as it will help us to further enhance and shape our service in delivering a truly memorable and authentic experience to our customers.
I am pleased to know that we were able to delight you and look forward to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time if I can be of assistance to you for your next stay in Shenyang.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I did not stay at this hotel, however, I was one of the paying guests who used their swimming facility. I have stayed at Crowne Plaza before at other international cities for work, all very good stay and service, unfortunately this Crowne Plaza in Shenyang, China was very disappointing. As soon as I walked in the reception of the swimming facility, there were cigarette smoke odour everywhere although they had clearly written a no smoking sign in front. I used the swimming pool, the male toilet was just close to the pool and as I walked past it, there was this heavy cigarette smoke odour coming from that toilet. So while I was swimming, I could inhale the cigarette smoke. It was very unhealthy to stay there. I had high expectations of Crowne plaza as I used to stay there for work often and that they have a very strict non-smoking policy internationally. However it's sad to know that here in China they tolerate smoking. Very low standard.

• Stayed: October 2013
Beat W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Reputable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during your recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview, your opinion and feedback is extremely important to us, as it will help us to further enhance and shape our service in delivering a truly memorable and authentic experience to our customers.

I do apologize that we were not able to accomplish your expectation of service and product this time at our Pool and I have made note of your comments on the no smoking part and have seriously addressed this issue with my team to strictly enforce such rules in future.

I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose the Pool Services at our Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview for your future travel to Shenyang and I look forward to welcome you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time if I can be of assistance to you for your next stay in Shenyang.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I recently spent three nights here -my third stay. I had read the negative reports on Trip Advisor before confirming my reservation, but the Manager's responses seemed to indicate things would now be right. How wrong can you be?

On arrival, our car pulled up outside. The uniformed staff there did not move -not to open the doors, not to retrieve the bags -they just looked! I watched them throughout my stay -this was their modus operandi.

I went to check in: little English spoken. I checked several times whether I had been given the right sort of room. I had not. Back again. This time it was right and I was told I should have breakfast etc. in the Executive Lounge. This was closed throughout my stay.

Next day, I needed to use the business centre. Very clear signage in the elevators indicated that it was on the third floor. I went there and wondered around. There was no sign to the business centre and, indeed, no business centre. I asked at the desk -they told me it had been moved to the fifth floor. I went there. The business centre was in the Executive Lounge -and, therefore closed!

I went to the desk to speak to the Guest Relations Manager -Green was her name. She spoke English well. I gave her my observations -why no warning at the desk? why no corrected signage? why were guests been sent on these wild goose chases? Green listened and sympathized. She had read Trip Advisor and said it did not paint a good picture of the hotel. Where is the Manager who writes all these replies to customer complaints? He is coming back from Dalian and will call you when he gets here. I was there for about 36 hours after this conversation -the longest time it has ever taken me to make that journey is 6 hours -and that was by train in a snowstorm.
As I was about to leave, I saw Green again. Still no notice about business centre change and Exec Lounge closure. We can't do that, said she. It's the PR departments job.
I was not sorry to leave.

The fact is that the staff are not appropriately trained, the clients' needs are not paramount, and the necessary improvements, though promised, have not been made.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank toptyke
Beat W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

I do apologize that we were not able to accomplish your expectation of service and product this time and I have made note of the particular areas you felt that we have room to improve and have addressed them all with my team.

I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Crowne Plaza Shenyang Parkview for your future travel needs and I look forward to welcome you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally any time if I can be of assistance to you for your next stay in Shenyang.