“Great Stay”

Ranked #8 of 1,196 Hotels in Dalian
London, United Kingdom
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Great location, great food, easy access to shopping with some best malls in walking range. Good selection of international cousine with special mention of Indian cook who makes lavish Indian dishes. Overall a great value for your money

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Poole, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We didn't stay in the hotel as my parents live in the city. Me and my husband and cousins come here for drinks on few occasion while visiting dalian. We like it here very much. It's very western so remind us back in uk.
Service is always good, big big credit to the staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel in several occassions and all of my stays were fantastic. Easy access to the city centre, friendly and helpful staff, modern and spacious rooms. The bar downstaris is a great place to go as well. Always my first choice when staying in Dalian.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

I've stayed many times in Dalian and always enjoy my stay at the Kempinski. As my stay can be for several weeks, the most valuable aspect for me personally is the great service and friendly staff. And the western style features like the German bar are welcome when occasionally you want to 'escape' from Chinese cuisine !

Room Tip: Like many hotels in Dalian, at certain times of year the A/C doesn't work efficiently, and if yo...
1 Thank andy t
Dalian, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I am very happy to stay in kempinski hotel Dalian ,the room is comfortable to stay ,but the facilities are so old.this is my first time stay in Dalian.the breakfast was very good.i also stayed at the Kempinski Xi An which is much nice hotel .i like the city very much.front desk reception service is good have smile in the face.introduce the hotel,the beer bar is very funny have a band play ,the Germany beer is very delicious .the swimming poor is very beautiful .I will be back to the hotel later.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Midhahkabdjxksj
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed about 4 days in this hotel in the early November. Although the hotel is good, I was outraged by service and unfair prices.
I came there during the seafood show and didn't reserve online. I did so just because based on my experience direct negotiation of the rate in a hotel in China works better than anything else (I usually do so in Intercontinental Qingdao, where I always get really good discounts). Upon checking in they offered me deluxe suit. I took it as there were no other options. The rate was about 430$ per night. It was a two room studio with free laundry, on the 23rd floor with access to the club lounge, breakfast incl.
I met my partners in the same hotel. One of them reserved the same deluxe suit room on 25th floor via Agoda on 16 October. But his rate was only about 170$ per night incl breakfast, club lounge access, and 2 pieces a day free laundry.
I couldn't believe it and went to his room. It was the same as mine. I went down to the reception and started my argument about the 2.6 times difference between my and my partner's rate. I immediately didn't like the receptionist (a man, I don't remember his name). He couldn't explain to me why the difference is almost 300% in the rate. First he said room is different. I objected and he said himself my room is deluxe suit same as my partner's. Then he started to talk about the seafood show and early booking of my friend, but in fact my partner reserved the room quite late too, only 2 weeks before coming to the hotel, and the time for the seafood show was known to all hotels 1 year before the event. Then the receptionist told me about free laundry, but can free laundry account for almost 300$ a night??? Then the receptionist told me he will call my chinese friend after talking to management. But as a result he just said that the rate cannot be discounted.
I was really discouraged and disappointed. I will never stay at Kempinski hotel anywhere in the world anymore.

5 Thank Jonnik
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Normally I prefer the Shangri-La, directly at my office, but this time it was fully booked, so I had to take another choice: Kempinski Hotel, which is also outstanding for its service, cleanliness, its good breakfast buffet, and of course for the Paulaner Restaurant in the basement, with own beer brewing, and is open for dinner rather late!.
as a foreigner going there you just feel like not being in China, except all the Chinese guests, who are loudly enjoying their drinking!

2 Thank Ralf M