“All good”

Shangri-La Hotel Dalian
Ranked #2 of 1,221 Hotels in Dalian
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The experience is great overall. The people were very customer service centric. They are always smiling and willing to help. It was very clean and homey. They have complete amenities and I didn't encounter any problems at all. The area was safe. The only thing I think they need to work on would be the food as it was a hit or miss for me. Some were ok but I would expect more. The choices for buffet were also very limited.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Dorian R, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Jane F,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit. I appreciate that you have taken the time to share your feedback with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and also took note about your experience at our buffet restaurant. In order to update your preference for food into our guest system, please feel free to send me your actual name and date of stay at dorian.rommel@shangri-la.com. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Shangri-La Hotel Dalian

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Excellent hotel with very good service. I will recomend the excutive rooms with acess to the horizon club which give good value for the money. The location is quite good along the main street with several shopping possiblities.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Torbjørn H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad we have delighted you during your stay. I do hope to welcome you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Dalian the next time you return to our lovely city.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

My family and I had a wonderful experience with the Shangri-La Dalian. After check-in the staff showed us to our room, which was clean, spacious and stocked with fresh fruit and complimentary bottled water. The room offered a fantastic view of the Dalian Business District and included a reliable Internet connection (an amenity I’ve learned not to take for granted in China). The windows offered the right amount of natural light and the furnishings offered an atmosphere of luxury and comfort.

The swimming pool is not only perfect for laps, but includes a lifeguard, which allows for greater piece of mind when taking children to the pool. The health club has great exercise equipment and even a billiards table. The health club staff were very helpful and attentive to our needs.

The Horizon Club staff were also very friendly and helpful. The area had a wide choice of drinks and snacks, including fresh fruit, cold cuts, rolls, cheese and many other fantastic hors d'oeuvres. The Horizon Club is a very comfortable space that also includes the convenience of some Apple computers. The staff attends to the snack and drink area to ensure that the foods are fresh and well-stocked.

Certainly one of the high points of our stay was breakfast in the first floor restaurant. It was so amazing to such an expansive selection of foods so well prepared by expert chefs in one area. The foods in this restaurant appeal to a wide range of palates. The breakfast includes American and European cuisine along with a variety of Asian favorites. The chefs and staff work hard to provide coffee or tea to guests and to make certain that all food choices are fresh and abundant.

We certainly plan on returning to the Shangri-La Dalian. We were very impressed by the commitment of the staff to making our stay perfect.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Matt L,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Dalian. I am pleased to read about your experience at our hotel. I will pass on your kind recognition to the related departments. I do hope to welcome you back to the Shangri-La Hotel, Dalian the next time you return to this beautiful coastal city.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I have just checked out after three magnificent nights at this hotel. From start to finish the experience was outstanding. Everybody was very friendly and incredibly helpful. The club rooms are excellent and the beds are so comfortable. The air conditioning is very effective and the wifi is extremely quick, this is rarely the case in my experiences within China!
I had some laundry done during my stay and it was superb, my shirts were ironed to perfection and I got a lovely note from the laundry with a gift of some silk cufflinks! The food in the restaurants is superb and very well presented. On leaving I needed help packaging a vase I had been given, the ladies in the horizon lounge did a fantastic job and had it all ready for me at checkout. I cannot thank the staff here enough and will certainly be back next time I'm in Dalian. I shall now be making Shangri La my hotel chain of choice on my next travels in China. If only all my experiences in hotels were as good as this.

Thank you to all the staff.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Dorian R, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Jdmus1,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Dalian. I am glad you enjoyed our facilities and had such a pleasant stay at our hotel. I will pass on your kind recognition to our related departments which seems to encompass to my delight every service department at the hotel. I do hope to welcome you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Dalian the next time you return to our lovely city.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Service was very good, and the room facilities was also very good. Location of the hotel was good, and the service and friendlyness in the Horizon Club was excellent. I also ha a good experience in the cafe. THe bar was, unfortunately, boring.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Dorian R, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Bjorn L,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Dalian. I am glad you enjoyed our facilities and had a pleasant stay at our hotel.I will pass on your kind recognition to our Horizon Club floor team, but I am sorry the F2 Bar didn't meet up to your expectation. I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel if you visit Dalian again.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed in past at Shangri La hotels in Wuhan, Qingdao & Shanghai and they pamper their guests like anything especially when you booked Horizon Club Rooms. Right now, I am staying at Shangri La Dalian and their not at par serivce forced me to write review (my first review on Trip Advisor) during the stay itself.
Shortcomings
- You feel like unwanted in Lounge, all attendants keep chatting among themselves and you have to ask for items twice else go and pick yourself. Keep sitting in lounge and no one will come and ask you for something. Respecting privacy and ignoring people are two different things.
- Attendants rarely smile
- I am vegetarian and every other Shangri La respect and make effort to prepare something for me during breakfast and evening happy hours. Here, the answer was "Sorry, we don't have vegetarian choices."
- No turn down service till 7 or chocolates by bed side
- Today morning upon entering the lounge, attendants at front desk just noticed and without greeting, just ignored me and keep doing what they were doing.
- While having dinner tonight, nobody bothered to offer water
- No complimentary newspaper or fruits in room. I have to remind lounge attendants.

Good things
- Personalised check-in
- You sleep like baby in their comfortable beds
- Good location
- Always smiling attendants at lobby

I will definitely visit other Shangri La properties but will not come/ recomment this property. Pitty that I am paying higher price for no upgraded services.

Dear caabhithetraveler,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Dalian. I appreciate that you have taken the time to share your feedback. However, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you and I do apologize for your unhappy experience during your stay. We will feedback those points mentioned to the respective department. In order to update your room preference into our guest system, please feel free to send me your actual name and date of stay to dorian.rommel@shangri-la.com. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Great rooms, helpful and smiling personnel. I would actually come back to this place rather than the other hotels in the area. Only improvement is to have a selection of english movies at hand......even the old classics.

Dear edmallari55,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad we have delighted you during your visit at the hotel. About the selections of English movies,we do have a movie list next to DVD player you can order via our guest relation services and the regular available in China, English TV channels. I do hope to welcome you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Dalian the next time you return to the city.