Shangri-La Hotel Dalian
$160
$143
LuxuryCollection
  • Pool
New World Dalian Hotel(Dalian)
  • Restaurant
1,104 results
All reviewshorizon clubshang palaceswing barroom checkexcellent hotelbusiness triplobby loungeduckjapanese restaurantother hotelsdiamond memberfive star hoteldumplingswide rangemain lobbyindoor poolan upgrade
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed in past at Shangri La hotels in Wuhan, Qingdao & Shanghai and they pamper their guests like anything especially when you booked Horizon Club Rooms. Right now, I am staying at Shangri La Dalian and their not at par serivce forced me to write review (my first review on Trip Advisor) during the stay itself.
Shortcomings
- You feel like unwanted in Lounge, all attendants keep chatting among themselves and you have to ask for items twice else go and pick yourself. Keep sitting in lounge and no one will come and ask you for something. Respecting privacy and ignoring people are two different things.
- Attendants rarely smile
- I am vegetarian and every other Shangri La respect and make effort to prepare something for me during breakfast and evening happy hours. Here, the answer was "Sorry, we don't have vegetarian choices."
- No turn down service till 7 or chocolates by bed side
- Today morning upon entering the lounge, attendants at front desk just noticed and without greeting, just ignored me and keep doing what they were doing.
- While having dinner tonight, nobody bothered to offer water
- No complimentary newspaper or fruits in room. I have to remind lounge attendants.

Good things
- Personalised check-in
- You sleep like baby in their comfortable beds
- Good location
- Always smiling attendants at lobby

I will definitely visit other Shangri La properties but will not come/ recomment this property. Pitty that I am paying higher price for no upgraded services.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Dorian R, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear caabhithetraveler,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Dalian. I appreciate that you have taken the time to share your feedback. However, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you and I do apologize for your unhappy experience during your stay. We will feedback those points mentioned to the respective department. In order to update your room preference into our guest system, please feel free to send me your actual name and date of stay to dorian.rommel@shangri-la.com. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Great rooms, helpful and smiling personnel. I would actually come back to this place rather than the other hotels in the area. Only improvement is to have a selection of english movies at hand......even the old classics.

Dear edmallari55,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad we have delighted you during your visit at the hotel. About the selections of English movies,we do have a movie list next to DVD player you can order via our guest relation services and the regular available in China, English TV channels. I do hope to welcome you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Dalian the next time you return to the city.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This hotel is beautiful but more importantly I had what I consider to be the best Customer Experience I have ever had. I was checking into the hotel at midnight and realized I had left my passport on the plane. As you can imagine I was frantic. The front desk manager took all of my information and called the airport and the airline but had no good news for me as both were closed by that time of the night. They reassured me that they would work on it first thing in the morning. I was up all night trying to figure out what to do and had no success. At 7:45 am the manager found me at breakfast, he had determined that my passport had been found and had already dispatched a driver to pick it up from the airport. I had my passport in my hands before I left for the day at 9:30 am. Crisis averted by the greatr work of David, Michael, Ewing, Elain and Klaus. Thanks so much and I will never stay anywhere else in Dalian!

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Dorian R, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Mangiafico2,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit. I am truly appreciative that you have taken the time to share your feedback with us. I am glad that we were able to help you find your passport and avoid unnecessary hassles. Thank you again for your good words about our hospitality, we will continue to do so and delight each guest. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

excellent place with friendly people. Hotel staffs are really friendly and always know what I needed and the food at Shang palace is really good and coffee at the lounge with the cookies is fantastic.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Dorian R, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Joe T,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad we have delighted you during your stay. I do hope to welcome you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Dalian the next time you return to our lovely city.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Beatifull hotel in the center of the city. Nice to reach. neice Spa. HAve compensated jetlag in the sauna. delicious food in the reataurant. excellent service. Rooms very clean and comfortable. would like to come again if i have the chance.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Dorian R, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Dgutzler,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Dalian. I am glad you enjoyed our facilities and had a pleasant stay. I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel if you visit Dalian again.