“Top-shelf offering in Dalian”

Shangri-La Hotel Dalian
Ranked #1 of 1,221 Hotels in Dalian
Reviewed February 23, 2014

If you're wanting a higher-end hotel in Dalian, your best bets are the Shangri-La or the Furama nextdoor - in my case, I opted for the former.
It was my second stay in Dalian and it pretty much met my expectations. Customer service was typical of the brand: very attentive and quick to respond to any requests.
Unfortunately my room - 2023 - was not quite as good as which ever I was assigned during my first stay.
The bedding configuration was a little odd: two king singles placed just far enough apart for you to not be able to walk between them, but with enough of a gap for your to slip into it if you are a little fitful in your sleep...
The WiFi was extremely slow with its connection and download speeds and my shower hot water (temp and pressure) wasn't brilliant either - in the middle of winter, you do appreciate a very hot shower.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Dorian R, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear RichardsF1,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit. I am truly appreciate that you have taken the time to share your feedback with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and also we will improve those points that you mentioned. In order to update your room preference into our guest system, please feel free to send me your actual name and date of stay at dorian.rommel@shangri-la.com. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Shangri-La Hotel Dalian

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This has been our second stay here. I don't think anyone could beat the service one can get a Shangri-La Hotel. This one is too hard to beat. The service from doorman to maids is excellent. All personnel will do anything to make a stay a Great one.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
1  Thank Joefredperez
Dorian R, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Joefredperez,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad we have delighted you during your stay. I hope to welcome you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Dalian the next time you return to the city.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The rooms are not at the same standard as most other Shangri-la hotels in Eastern China, renovation of the rooms would "help", but compared with many local Chinese hotels the rooms are still better.
Food breakfast (the western breakfast) is not "very exiting" and again not up to the standard in most other Shangri-la hotels in Eastern China, but still way better than local Chinese hotels.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
1  Thank Soren H

Dear Soren H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit. I am truly appreciative that you have taken the time to share your feedback with us. Shangri-La Hotel, Dalian has completed a five-year comprehensive renovation in 2011, including all guest rooms, Grand Ballroom and 15 function rooms, Shang Palace, lobby and Lobby Lounge.

Also, we will look into improving our western breakfast. Your comment is valuable for us and we will continue to improve our facilities and service to delight our guests. I hope to welcome you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Dalian the next time you return to the city.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed about five nights October 2012 with wife, small daughter and mother-in-law. Room was nice and big enough for all of us.

This is a high(er) class hotel with friendly staff and very good service. Excellent breakfast, good swimming pool. The gym was a bit dissapointing comparing to the rest of the hotel.

In walking distance there are some nice restaurants.

Not the cheapest hotel but worth the money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Tarvainen,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit. I am truly appreciative that you have taken the time to share your feedback with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel. Our hotel gym will have renovation in 2014,and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are in Dalian.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Although a little bit expensive, this hotel is a lot of value for money. I paid extra for the executive club floor and I was pleasantly surprised by the excellent quality and service.
One of the best hotels I know.

Room Tip: If you have the opportubity you should try the club floor and make sure to go to the free happy hour...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Dorian R, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Empire07

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The checkin experience was refreshing as I got in on a cold winter evening after a long day of business meetings and travel. The hospitality has the touch of Shangri-La warmth and authenitcity. The hotel provides great value and is very functional for the business traveller. The staff are very efficient and well organized. The food is prepared with care and time sensitivity.
The only suggestion I have is the need for Engilish training given the number of foreign guests at the hotel. Some of the restaurant staff had trouble understanding even simple English words and required help of their manager, which may not be scalable solution during busier times.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Krishna R
Dorian R, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Krishna R,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit. I am truly appreciative that you have taken the time to share your feedback with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and will look into improving our colleagues' understanding of English. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are in Dalian.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Was staying here for three nights on business and the service was amazing. Nice large room with comfortable bed. Breakfast was good with more than can be expected to choose from. At check ni they tried to sell an upgrade but respekter a no.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Dorian R, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear TM2205,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad that your stay was an enjoyable one. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you come back to Dalian.