“Shangri-la Dalian”

Ranked #1 of 1,201 Hotels in Dalian
Shanghai, China
“Shangri-la Dalian”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The rooms are not at the same standard as most other Shangri-la hotels in Eastern China, renovation of the rooms would "help", but compared with many local Chinese hotels the rooms are still better.
Food breakfast (the western breakfast) is not "very exiting" and again not up to the standard in most other Shangri-la hotels in Eastern China, but still way better than local Chinese hotels.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

1 Thank Soren H
Dorian R, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Dalian, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Soren H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit. I am truly appreciative that you have taken the time to share your feedback with us. Shangri-La Hotel, Dalian has completed a five-year comprehensive renovation in 2011, including all guest rooms, Grand Ballroom and 15 function rooms, Shang Palace, lobby and Lobby Lounge.

Also, we will look into improving our western breakfast. Your comment is valuable for us and we will continue to improve our facilities and service to delight our guests. I hope to welcome you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Dalian the next time you return to the city.

Dorian Rommel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed about five nights October 2012 with wife, small daughter and mother-in-law. Room was nice and big enough for all of us.

This is a high(er) class hotel with friendly staff and very good service. Excellent breakfast, good swimming pool. The gym was a bit dissapointing comparing to the rest of the hotel.

In walking distance there are some nice restaurants.

Not the cheapest hotel but worth the money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tarvainen,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit. I am truly appreciative that you have taken the time to share your feedback with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel. Our hotel gym will have renovation in 2014,and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are in Dalian.

Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Although a little bit expensive, this hotel is a lot of value for money. I paid extra for the executive club floor and I was pleasantly surprised by the excellent quality and service.
One of the best hotels I know.

Room Tip: If you have the opportubity you should try the club floor and make sure to go to the free happy hour...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dorian R, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Dalian, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Empire07

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad we have delighted you during your stay. I hope to welcome you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Dalian the next time you return to the city.

Milpitas, California
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The checkin experience was refreshing as I got in on a cold winter evening after a long day of business meetings and travel. The hospitality has the touch of Shangri-La warmth and authenitcity. The hotel provides great value and is very functional for the business traveller. The staff are very efficient and well organized. The food is prepared with care and time sensitivity.
The only suggestion I have is the need for Engilish training given the number of foreign guests at the hotel. Some of the restaurant staff had trouble understanding even simple English words and required help of their manager, which may not be scalable solution during busier times.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dorian R, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Dalian, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Krishna R,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit. I am truly appreciative that you have taken the time to share your feedback with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and will look into improving our colleagues' understanding of English. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are in Dalian.

Frederikshavn, Denmark
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Was staying here for three nights on business and the service was amazing. Nice large room with comfortable bed. Breakfast was good with more than can be expected to choose from. At check ni they tried to sell an upgrade but respekter a no.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dorian R, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Dalian, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear TM2205,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad that your stay was an enjoyable one. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you come back to Dalian.

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This hotel boasts one of the best locations in the city. U can easily hop onto a taxi, the tram (yes, there are trams in Dalian, much like those in Shanghai). There are many restaurants nearby and I would recommend the hotel's very own Japanese restaurant, Nishimura. This place serves one of the best authentic Japanese fare in Dalian. The atmosphere and staffs are great too. Definitely a must try. The gym has all the new equipment and I was impressed with the swimming pool. The hotel itself offers a great sanctuary to relax after a long day of meeting. We stayed here for a total of three nights and I think this must be one of the best hotel choices in this part of China. I must recommend Wang (i think that was his name) from guest services for a job well done too. A most enjoyable stay indeed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dorian R, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Dalian, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Joe P,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Dalian. I am glad you enjoyed our facilities and had a pleasant stay. I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel if you visit Dalian again.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 12, 2013

It was my third visit to this beautiful port city and I must say the experience gets better each time. My partner and I decided to stay at the Shangri-La Dalian and wow.. we were impressed...

From the moment we stepped in, we were greeted with genuine smiles. The services rendered were typical of the Shangri-La brand - warm, unpretentious and really a feeling of home away from home. The hotel's location is superb, being in the city centre and near to the major attractions. We had no issues getting a cab or even taking the public transport. The concierge staff were more than willing to offer us suggestions and I must say that the level of English here is more than competent. The room was spacious, the hotel does look a little old but very much like the city itself, this place is charming indeed. The buffet dinner was delicious. Do try the seafood on offer here. Highly recommended!
All in all, we were very satisfied with Shangri-la Dalian. Will we return? Definitely! Keep it up guys. =)

Room Tip: Get a high floor to enjoy the wonderful city view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kim B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us every time you visit Dalian. I am glad we are able to delight you and your partner and I hope we will continue to do so. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for the fourth time in the near future!