“A fabulous hotel - get ready for celebrity treatment!”

Shangri-La Hotel Dalian
Ranked #1 of 1,205 Hotels in Dalian
UK
“A fabulous hotel - get ready for celebrity treatment!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed at the Shangri-La, Dalian on a business trip. The hotel has the best staff - they really understand customer service and couldn't do enough for you. All staff greeted you with a smile, they went out of their way to make your stay a positive experience. The hotel is grand in appearance but not imposing, I certainly felt comfortable. The room and hotel was spotless. I had problems with the internet, (this is no reflection of internet connectivity at the hotel, as other guests seemed to be fine) three members of staff including the IT manager offered to help. The food is first class, fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, fish and vegetarian options. I was very well looked after by Robbie Guo, i Cafe Manager, who was excellent. All the staff spoke very good English, I was treated like a celebrity. Being away on business for two weeks, staying in Beijing, Shanghai and finally Dalian, staying at the hotel helped eased my eagerness to get back home. Thank you Shangri-La, Dalian, I would stay here again and recomment it to my family, friends and colleagues without hesitation.

1 Thank Lindy16UK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stay at a lot of hotels - this one was outstanding. I arrived late and left early but their care and attention from the moment I booked to the moment they dropped me at the airport exceeded my expectations at every step. Three examples: I had a question before I arrived - they followed up personally with three seperate emails to ensure my needs were met; When I arrived, the front desk (excellent English) forgot to ask me if I wanted an alarm call so called my room as soon as I had got to it to check - they were concerned I may need one because I was leaving early; When I picked up the car for the airport in the morning, they were not only expecting me but had poured me a coffee ready to go. That is world class customer service.

1 Thank Tim B
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Maybe it's not the newest or shiniest Hotel in DaLian.
But that difference is the service level and friendliness of the staff there!
That really make the 5 points.

The Restaurants (Shang Palace and Nishimura) are really top notch. Also incredible friendly staff there and really high quality food (see pictures).

The Health Area also - not the newest but all close together, Gym, Steam, Sauna and Massage ... and again very friendly staff (they would bring me cool water and cool towels into the sauna!!!

Breakfast menu is delicios and a huge huge variety - fresh fruits, japanese, chinese, indian and continental breakfast ... great.

So to sum up - a very friendly and nice experience here and I will definetely come back for my next stay....

2 Thank RadioStar12
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Older hotel, but looks like they are adding onto it and it says it will be ready in 2015. The service is amazing. Also, if this is your first trip to Dalian, I would recommend arranging their car service to pick you up at the airport. I thought it was worth it as they have a representative at the airport waiting for you after baggage claim that then takes you directly to the very nice car waiting from you right outside the airport. WI-FI was very reliable and the breakfast buffet is a must.
Again, the staff is very accommodating and really helps make your stay a very pleasant one.

Room Tip: I would suggest upper floors facing the port.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BILLJ_GA
Taiping, Malaysia
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is by far my favourite Shangri-La (Shenzhen, Beijing, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur, Hangzhou, Penang).

The inhouse restaurants are very good, and I love the fact that I can order from the full menu and have it delivered to my room. The prices for room service are of great value. My favourite is the Japanese restaurant.

However that is not the highlight, the highlight is the quality of the staff.. superb! I'm not sure if it's Dalian or the management/training but the service quality here is very good.

The location is very convenient and you're close to shopping malls and also other amenities.

While I'm a Diamond member and have access to the lounge, I do prefer breakfast downstairs.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MacGyver-SG1
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was in Dalian for work and was booked at this hotel. From I pulled up outside i was impressed by the bell boy's attentiveness and smart dress. Upon entry i was greeted by a pleasant associate who guided me to the check in desk. check in was quick and easy and the staff was all very professional. The room was clean and modern and the best part was that the bed was soooo plush and luxurious. That is the first thing i check out, is the comfort of the bed!! it met my expectations and then some. The restaurants were really good and the menu's were all on ipad's!! i thought that was a unique touch. My room overlooked the tennis court, but because of the snow i didnt get a chance to get out and play. The breakfast was an amazing buffet with so many selections and a wonderful ambiance. Overall the experience was memorable, and I will always stay there when in Dalian.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sandy c
Shanghai
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spend two nights there last week, Shangri-la certainly keeps its standard well. Room was clean and comfortable. Shower was powerful and the food was superb (tried restuantrants & room service). The best part is all staffs gave guest the warm Shangri-la welcome. Downside: it's a rather old hotel with tranditiaonal deco, slightly dark.

Room Tip: Ask for a sun facing room if you travel in winter. The other side of the building can be cold.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business