“True luxury”
Review of Conrad Dalian

Ranked #8 of 1,227 Hotels in Dalian
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I spent one night at the Conrad Dalian in June. The experience was excellent. Sumptuous property with marble in every corner close to the harbor and the Dalian exhibition center. The lobby is quite impressive with high ceiling and huge crystal chandeliers. My room was on the 35th floor. Very spacious, well appointed with 55'' flat-panel TV, iPod dock, a large closet and a bathroom, again with marble everywhere. The bed was very comfortable. The only - minor - negative point was the limited number of international TV channels available: no French, Spanish or German speaking channels. Very efficient and professional service. Breakfast is very good but I would have expected a broader selection of Western food, especially bread and marmalade. However, I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel and to return on another trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Tony M, General Manager at Conrad Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for choosing Conrad Dalian for your recent visit. I was delighted to read your wonderful comments both on our facilities and service. I will certainly share them with the team who will be very motivated. We appreciate your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel in Dalian soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

super facilities, elegant lobby and lounge, high-tec toilet seats and view port in guest rooms, spacious pool (water temperature very low), breakfast has a reasonal food choices; but needs a lot to do to train the staff to deliver exellent service: dirty plates can be cleared away more timely, bell and door can be warmer, concierge can be more professional, turn down can be more consistent...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alvin J
Tony M, General Manager at Conrad Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for choosing Conrad Dalian for your recent visit. I was very happy to read your wonderful comments on our facilities. Thank you for bringing these to my attention. I will certainly look into the matters of pool temperature, and the consistent delivering of service excellence. We appreciate you sharing your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful Conrad hotel soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed in the Conrad for 2 nights while arranging a Client Event. Rooms were spacious and tastefully decorated. Attentive personal service all around. The event went smoothly and the restaurant staff did a great job. Will certainly return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
Tony M, General Manager at Conrad Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for choosing Conrad Dalian for your recent visit to Dalian. I was very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. And I thank you for your wonderful comments on both the product and service. I will be sure to share with my team. And I look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel, Conrad Dalian soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Had a great weekend with my family. Fantastic staff and facilities. Staff was extremely personable and accommodating. They found out it was my daughter's 19 birthday and made her a cake and signed a card. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for choosing Conrad Dalian for your recent visit. I was delighted to read your comments and I will certainly share them with the team who will be very motivated. I look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel in Dalian soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Fantastic property with sumptuous rooms. No details are spared, latest technology and grand decoration. Actually the hotel is in the same building as Hilton which look equally nice and you can use the restaurants and bars of both hotels. Breakfast was fantastic with good service and well groomed staff.
The curtains in the rooms let too much light through, but that's all I can criticize.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FreekB
Tony M, General Manager at Conrad Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

I was sorry to read your comment regarding the room curtain let too much light in. Each room has automatic blinds and curtains so I believe the blind was probably not closed which I apologise for. I look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel in Dalian.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The owner of the Dalian Conrad Hotel, the Dalian Wanda Company, says on its website that this is China’s most luxurious urban business hotel. When you enter the hotel, you see all your expectations fulfilled: passing through a spacious very impressive hall, being seated at check-in, having nice views whenever you turn a corner, you find your room, spacious, decorated in traditional grand hotel style, with chandelier and paneled walls. The outside wall is fully in glass, looking on the harbor, with electric blinds. A little criticism is indicated here – there is very little space to put shirts, socks, sweaters etc. in, there is only one chair in the room, so with several persons in the room all but one have to sit on a bed - but apart from this one must say that the luxury stops here. That’s not due to the competent and very helpful staff, but rather through the owner’s determination to save money on service.
A Hilton Executive Room gives you a number of advantages, which are the same in all previously visited Hilton and Doubletree Hotels in China: freshly cooked breakfast in the executive lounge, an elegant and pleasant place to meet your guests, also with little tidbits to eat and drink. According to the Hilton website, it should be just this way here. However, contrary to the description in the web, there is no breakfast in the executive lounge, it opens at 3 pm, and the offerings in the evening are a very far cry from any of the previously visited Hiltons. The only restaurant of the hotel is fairly small, so small that we have been asked to have a stranger sit with us at the breakfast table, the choice is less than what is usually offered at Hilton or Doubletree. One should consider to eat in the restaurants of the Dalian Hilton, accessible at the second floor. Those restaurants fully meet all expectations (but the Executive Room service in the Hilton is the same as in the Conrad).
Travelers from outside China are well advised to write into their reservations that all credit card charges should be in Chinese yuan, especially if they selected an Advanced Payment offer. As a default, the hotel will charge you in your card’s currency at the hotel exchange rate, causing you to pay a few percent more. A polite statement at check-in will prevent any overcharging of this kind. All in all, the hotel offers a very pleasant living experience, but executive lounge service makes sense only if you are receiving guests from outside, all eating should be done in the Hilton at the second floor, and a little care is indicated regarding your credit card charges.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is probably the best compromise of price and quality. You might consider staying at the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hansshanghai
Tony M, General Manager at Conrad Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Conrad Dalian. Your comments regarding our facilities were very much appreciated. I understand your disappointment regarding breakfast at the Executive Lounge and we are commencing this next week. We are working hard to ensure that Conrad Dalian is the most luxurious hotel in Dalian and this there is great focus on our service and product offering.

Hopefully, I will have the opportunity to welcome you back so you can experience the change.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I travel to Dalian frequently and have stayed at most of the international hotels which are all a but dated. So I was very excited to try the brand new Conrad when it opened last year and I have been staying there on every visit since. It is by far the best property with spacious room, large bathroom, nice bed, well equipped gym, beautiful pool, etc.... There is also a wide range of F&B options with the Hilton hotel in the same building.

Service is as good as one can expect from a new hotel in China. There are certainly room to improve but all the staffs are friendly which compensates for a lot of new hotel syndrome.

The only drawback is its location which is a bit out of the way and the hotel is surrounded by many construction sites.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Tony M, General Manager at Conrad Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for choosing Conrad Dalian for your recent visit in Dalian. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful comments on both the product and service of our hotel. I will be sure to share with my team. I agree that there is room for us to strive to continually improve and we are constantly challenging our service to exceed guest expectation. I understand your comments regarding the surroundings area. The new International Convention Center is now completed and will open shortly. They have begun landscaping so this will soon look much better. Of course our views of Diamond Bay and East Harbor are probably the best in Dalian. Dear BeijingHongkie, I look forward to personally welcoming you back to the Conrad Dalian next time you visit.