“Classy... Very Friendly Staff”
Review of Hilton Dalian

Hilton Dalian
Ranked #9 of 1,207 Hotels in Dalian
Toronto, Canada
“Classy... Very Friendly Staff”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I was at this hotel in Late February and really enjoyed my time there. Purely an english speaker, the staff were very accomodating and willing to help. From getting taxis to ordering food, everyone was helpful.

I was lucky to stay in a HUGE multi-room suite with two Baths, high floor and power blinds.. LOVED IT! Being there for 7 nights was a treat. The executive lounge was exceptional and very large. Food selection was great. They are not open for Breakfast but that's ok because the restaurant is amazing...

I really enjoed breakfast at the main Hotel.. I was greeted by name each morning and the staff was better than great. The selection of food was enormous! American on one side; tradiitonal Chinese on the other - I started each day on a very full belly.

This is a great Hotel that does the HITLON name proud.. I would highly recomend this hotel if ever in the Dalian area.

Room Tip: High Floor, facing the Harbour..
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Tony M, General Manager at Hilton Dalian, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Thank you for choosing Hilton Dalian for your recent visit. I was very happy to learn that you enjoyed a week stay with us. Thank you for your recognition and wonderful comments on the products and service. I have passed your feedback to the team who will be very motivated. You are the reason for us to keep improving the service we offer. I hope I have the pleasure to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel, Hilton Dalian in a sooner future.

Tony Marrinan, General Manager, Hilton Dalian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sicily
Reviewed April 21, 2014

fantastic stay at hilton in Dalian, hotel is new, very comfy, big room and all was good. great location also, nice view and good to walk around to see the harbour, the theather. wide selection of breakfast buffet with great qulity food. reccomened

Room Tip: ask for front harbour rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Hilton Dalian for your recent visit and your wonderful comments on both hotel facilities and product. I have passed your feedback to the team who will be very motivated. I hope I have the pleasure to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel, Hilton Dalian soon.

Taiping, Malaysia
Reviewed March 30, 2014

was here in november and while i said i'll be back here in 6months, i am back in 3 :)

Compared to last trip

1) Service - good staff left, poor staff staying behind

Annie has left and gone to another hotel in dalian & Grumpy lady whom i had trouble with last time was still around and no change to her disposition. She doesn't listen well and responded with an answer that has nothing to do with the question. Case in point - A customer wanted to find out a) how much breakfast would cost for guests and b) how much it would cost to upgrade to the executive floor.

Before the customer could finish she proceeded to tell the customer that she's trying to find customers room number (as the customer checked in early and decided to go have breakfast first while the room was being ready).

As there was a queue, I kindly let the person behind be served by her while I was happy to wait for another lady. It also didn't help that our group had a number of bags and there was no one to help, I had to go into the hotel to find them behind the concierge table to get them to come out.

2) Location is still an issue
Food choices are minimal as business is probably bad as we wanted to try out the breakfast at Conrad next door but they have shut down breakfast at the conrad and centralised at the hilton. On the plus side it seems to be easier getting a taxi

3) Food is still mediocre
You can't help but eat at the hilton as you don't have choices (we had breakfast and dinner)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MacGyver-SG1
Tony M, General Manager at Hilton Dalian, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.

Since your last visit, we have made some changes, however, as I read your review, I see we have still more to do. As you know, the area of East Harbour is constantly evolving, and for sure this will become the most beautiful harbour district of Dalian.

Thank you for your feedback and hopefully we can meet up should you visit us again.

Ebersberg
Reviewed March 5, 2014

perfect possitioned right next to the conference center is the Hilton with its 25 floors. The restaurant on the ground flor serves everithing you can imagin in excellent quality. nice meeting rooms. Modern bedroom. PErfect service on the executive floors

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dgutzler
Tony M, General Manager at Hilton Dalian, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for choosing Hilton Dalian for your recent visit. I was very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your recognition on the products and service we offer to our guests. I have passed your feedback to our team who will be very motivated, especially our Culinary and Executive Teams. I hope I have the pleasure to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel, Hilton Dalian soon.

Plano, Texas
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I can't say enough good things about this hotel and their staff. I've stayed there twice and they have been excellent. On the first trip we needed a ride back from a concert and all the cabs had been taken. They arranged a limousine to go the 20 miles to the arena to pick us up and bring us back!

On my second trip I had swapped planes due to a delay and left my Lenovo power cable on the plane. I arrived tired and concerned on where I would ever find a cable in Dalian. The manager (Hamid Naseem) welcomed me at the desk upon my arrival. He thanked me for previously staying at his hotel and told me if I needed anything during my stay to just ask. I asked him if he knew of a place where I could purchase a Lenovo power cable and he said he would be right back. I figured he was going to Google some place back at the desk but to my surprise he brought up a cable that fit my computer perfectly. He told me to keep it and return it only when I left. I was shocked and happily surprised as I had no idea how I would get any work done on my two week trip with out one. Wow, is all I can say about the service.

The Gold Hhonors lounge on the top floor is another treat. The girls that run the lounge are the best! Polite and very helpful.

This hotel is the best!
Michael Hoyle

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Michael H
Tony M, General Manager at Hilton Dalian, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you for choosing Hilton Dalian for your recent visit. I was very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your recognition and wonderful comments on the service our team members have delivered. I have passed your feedback to the team who will be very motivated. You are the reason for us to keep improving the service we have to offer. I hope I have the pleasure to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel, Hilton Dalian soon.

Montville, United States
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Good Hotel, very clean, .,, nice people very helpful... I would strongly recommend to stay at the hotel... Nice area... good view... brand new hotel.... .. their breakfast area has huge selection all kind of food and very tasty.. .. high end restaurants and the shops around... ;;;; ...... ...... ,,,, ...... ...... Thank u... ....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Syed A
Tony M, General Manager at Hilton Dalian, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hilton Dalian for your recent visit to Dalian. I was very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful comments. I will be sure to pass your comments to the team who will be very motivated. I hope I have the pleasure to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel, Hilton Dalian soon.

Taiping, Malaysia
Reviewed December 14, 2013

i sent this mail to Tony Marinan (firstname.lastname@hilton.com) a month ago but never heard from him/his staff so am posting the email here.
================================
Dear sir,

I recently stayed at Hilton Dalian and felt compelled to write to you since I too am in the service industry myself

First the highlights: Annie Liu (front desk), the staff in the exec lounge and at the restaurant. A shame there are not enough Annie's in Hilton Dalian, warm, friendly and able to make decisions.

Overall it felt as though that there are too many operational issues, it just feels that Hilton Dalian doesn't have their game together on a consistent basis (given the number of other good reviews in trip advisor).

1) Check in - I was next in line and another customer cut queue, this does happen in China but usually the front desk at other hotels will be aware who's lining up properly and manage it.

I raised this with the lady in the front desk and let's just say the response from her was abrupt! Annie jumped in to save the day.

I had the same problem with this lady later when I asked to refresh my key card for access to the exec floor. she immediately assumed i was going to check out, another lady standing beside her and a little behind heard accurately and corrected her. I spoke in Mandarin, in case you were wondering.

2) Rooms. I asked for a non smoking room and when i entered there was a strong smoke smell & even worse there was a ash tray in there provided by the hotel. Why would staff allow guests to smoke in non smoking room. I was glad that there I received e a room change (once again Annie)
edit: Other hotels i've been e.g. Langham Hong Kong will fine guests HKD1500 for smoking in a non smoking room and have clear sign there.

3) Check out: As I was leaving early (before 6.30am) for an early flight, I requested a breakfast to go and a taxi (as taxi's are not abundant here) the day before from the staff at the executive lounge. Neither was available (even though front desk showed me the instructions of both, i guess no one executed against it). Mad scramble for a taxi and was finally passed me a breakfast to go (which later i found out meant only bread/yogurt with no drink)

4) Check out: I asked for the your business email and after 2 phone calls she couldn't produce it. One of the call was to the duty manager whom I insisted she called.

On the way to the airport, I rang and ask for the duty manager, it took him (names starts with J) a while (approx a minute of phone silence) to get me pass me your details. This was after he was reluctant to pass me your details and wanted mine so you could write to me and didn't inquire why I wanted your email.

I wanted to try Hilton, as one gets great sea views as I normally stay at Shangrila (Diamond Member) and feel that Shangrila, Dalian is the best Shangrila I've stayed in.

Best regards,
Rick D,

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MacGyver-SG1
Tony M, General Manager at Hilton Dalian, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Rick D,

Thank you for having chosen Hilton Dalian for your stay in Nov 2013 and I appreciate your feedback and comments.
I must sincerely apologize that you were inconvenienced during your stay regarding the service from Front Desk and room assignment. I am sorry that you have not received my personalized feedback that I emailed on 18th Nov on your response to our guest feedback (Medallia) survey.
I have carefully looked into you valued feedback and action has been taken to enhance and improve the service. Please do not hesitate to contact me at hamid.naseem@hilton.com . We will look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Dalian.

Hamid Naseem, Director of Operations on behalf of Tony Marrinan, General Manager, Hilton Dalian