“Best hotel in Dalian”

Ranked #3 of 1,201 Hotels in Dalian
Suzhou
“Best hotel in Dalian”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed at Intercontinental the first time I've been to Dalian.. due to no service at all( I left a BB cream when I checked out.I called the reception the next day. they told me they didnt see it!
So I went to stay at New world because I heard it's very nice! The Hotel is outstanding - staff friendly - location superb, the 'rain' showers in the rooms are great! and I love the slippers! Haha.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank JasmineHu
Andrew W, General Manager at New World Dalian Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Jasmine, thank you for the great review, I am happy that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Hotel, Please do let me know next time you are staying with us, so that I can arrange to meet you and say hello. warmest regards Andrew Whitaker General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I have been travelling to Dalian on business for several months and was disappointed with the service provided by another 5* hotel in the city. I changed to Dalian New World Hotel 2 visits ago and have been very happy that I made the switch. The service experience has complemented the the excellent facilities in this modern, well appointed hotel. Staff throughout the hotel show genuine and heartfelt care about the comfort and convenience of their guests. The rooms are immaculately presented and well set up for the business traveller. The recent addition of the executive lounge on the 22nd floor has helped to take the whole experience to another level. All in all a very good hotel experience and excellent value for money.

Room Tip: 22nd to 24th Floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Ian G
Dear Guest, thank you for your taking the time to post your review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay and also experienced our new executive lounge located on the 22nd floor of the hotel. Please do contact me directly next time your are visiting Dalian, so that I can make the necessary arrangements. best regards Andrew Whitaker andrew.whitaker@newworldhotels.com
Ordos Barun Gar Domda, Nei Mongol, China
Reviewed April 28, 2012

From the moment of arrival a very friendly bellboy took charge of our luggage and directed us through the light and airy lobby to the reception desk - the lady greeted us genuinely with poise & professionalism - she was most informative about the hotel and the location. We were on one of the high floors with access the executive lounge - which had been newly refurbished - it was tastefully and elegantly decorated with comfort and style as were the service team who made us feel like royalty...the views were breathtaking too!! Our Bedroom was very modern clean & fresh with all the creature comforts one would expect from a luxury 5 Star establishment - I would certainly return again - Outstanding service and facilities all round a credit to the management they deserve an award!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew W, General Manager at New World Dalian Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you so much for your very positive review. I can assure you that we share all comments with our team here at the hotel. I am particularly pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new executive lounge which has only just opened on the 22nd floor of the hotel. Please do not hesitate to email me direct next time you wish to stay with us here in Dalian, my email address is andrew.whitaker@newworldhotels.com warmest regards Andrew Whitaker General Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2012

The hotel is in the centre, near to the Intercontinental and oppposite the Shangri-La.

I chose this hotel because of the good reviews and the low price (£75) per night. I paid for a standard room. But then you have to pay extra for breakfast (about £15) and for the internet (about £9). At around £100 a day this amounts to no more than average value for money for a standard room.

Unlike other reviewers I was not impressed by the breakfast. It was 2 star rather than 5 star quality. The staff were inattentive and more interested in their mobile phones than the guests.

The rooms are modern, clean and well designed. There is a good gym.

I would say that in comparison to other hotels, the building is 4 star quality, the staff no more than 3 stars, and the overall experience was average. Its the little things that make all the difference. In this hotel in all the little things they were found wanting.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms facing the main road, the neon lights at night in the hotel opposite make it hard to...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Nemo149
Andrew W, General Manager at New World Dalian Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for your recent review of your stay at New World Hotel Dalian.
I would like to assure you that as General Manager of the hotel your comments are taken seriously.
Our new French Chef has since your stay with us, reviewed the Breakfast offering and we have made some enhancements. We have also opened our new Executive lounge on the 22nd floor of the hotel, which offers a more private breakfast experience.
Please do contact me directly next time you visit Dalian so that I can arrange to personally look after your arrangements. with best regards Andrew Whitaker andrew.whitaker@newworldhotels.com
Singapore
Reviewed January 27, 2012

If you want the best, this is it in Dalian. great room, great breakfast. Chef is Young and French. I would book a exec floor room as you get great add ons.

• Stayed January 2012
Kenneth C, Manager at New World Dalian Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Dear guest, we appreciate your stay at the New World Dalian Hotel and for providing us with your feedback. We were especially pleased to know that you were satisfied with the hotel very much and really looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Pforzheim
Reviewed November 12, 2011

The New World Hotel is a brandnew hotel and located opposite to Shangrila and Futurama hotel. The rooms are in 4 to 5* star European standard with big windows, which offer a nice view to the harbor. The room service is attentive, the rooms are clean and well-decorated.
The hotel lobby is very huge, you can listen to chinese style live music there. The prices in the lobby bar (and the mini bar too) can be compared to European prices.

The breakfast and the dinner in the hotel restaurant is very ok and tasty. They offer different Asian style food as well as Westerner dishes.

The New World does not offer wlan internet for free. This is dissapointing.

A very few shops and a nice (serious & clean) massage shop are close nearby. On the opposite side of the hotel are some luxurious brand shops located. The center of Dalian can be reached by foot within 20 min (or even quicker for 1 € by taxi).

There is a bar street in within 10 min walk and in the same area are some very good chinese style restaurants.

For those who want to experience typical chinese style life, the hotel might be in a too much westernized area. All in all, the New World is a food alternative for those who have to stay in Dalian.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TKKK62
YC C, Manager at New World Dalian Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Dear guest, we appreciate your stay at the New World Dalian Hotel, and for providing us with your valuable feedback. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I stayed in this city two years back, at another so calledhotel, which was not a good experience. This hotel has is it all new, modern and International, with foreign managers. Rooms are very nice, breakfast was of a very good Western standard. Staff speak good English, which makes a change, in this part of the world. Very nice gym and swimming pool. I would stay here again if I visit the City again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Joe R
YC C, Manager at New World Dalian Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2011