“Solid choice”

Ranked #7 of 1,201 Hotels in Dalian
Daventry, United Kingdom
“Solid choice”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This hotel has great rooms and a great Italian restaurant which serves a delicious pizza and excellent wines. Service was of a very professional standard. Rooms are spacious with a large bathroom with powerful showers. Great nights sleep and not too pricey.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Truly Y, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Dalian, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear July

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at InterContinental Dalian.

We are pleased to know that you appreciated our spacious room, large bathroom, delicious Piccolo Food and its pizza’s and excellent wines. We are delighted to know that our staff and service helped in making your visit enjoyable. Your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our quality even further as we hope to exceed over and beyond our guest expectations.

Thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Saratoga, California
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I had the hotel car come to pick me up and was greeted with a sign with my name on it, the driver took my suitcase, loaded it in the new minivan and then...handed me a cold cloth on a tray, followed by a bowl of chilled dragon fruit chunks with a toothpick! So nice after a hot flight :) I was greeted at the door upon arrival where they took my bags and waited while I checked in - with a cup of complimentary tea - to my upgraded room!

The bedding was extremely comfortable -gorgeous, plush; the room was HUGE with a couch and table, desk with two huge chairs, a chaise lounge, giant flat screen and amazing bathroom with a standalone tub overlooking Friendship Square. Real proper hairdryer and nice toiletries, along with TWO robe options (summer and winter) rounded out all the comforts.

Room Tip: 1703 seemed to be a large corner room with views on 3 sides (over Friendship Square from the bathroo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank shezswan
Truly Y, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Dalian, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and our concierge service and limousine service made your stay experience more memorable. Also, we are pleased to know that you appreciated our comfortable bed, huge room, amazing bathroom and nice facilities, the aspect of our hotel that is preferred by many of our guests. Your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our quality even further as we hope to exceed over and beyond our guest expectations.

Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!
Guangzhou, China
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I plan a family trip to Dalian for three free nights earned last year. It turned out to be a good decision. :)

The service really impressed me right from check-in. While I was doing check-in and my parents waiting nearby, the manager greeted my parents in Mandarin and asked if we were coming together. When he confirmed they didn't need any help for check in, he made tea for my parents. I only knew this story after we settled down, but all these details gave a really good mood to us before we starts our trip in Dalian.

We were arranged in a room with nice view, I had seen nice sunset from the room.

The location is convenient to everywhere (though Dalian is not a big city), we can always find the direction easily with the big ball in the Friendship Plaza. There is a street full of sea food restaurants around the corner. And you can have a 5 minutes' walk to visit Zhongshan Plaza at night with lights on. My parents got up really early to visit Japanese street before the city woke up.

WIFI in guestroom needs to be improved, as there is limitation of the connecting devices. We had issues when my father and I have iphone/ipad surfing at the same time.

And the staff is not so familiar with the facilities. I found my iphone cannot feed the sound to Bose speaker. When the staff came to room for help, she had no idea at all, and finally I found out the IN line is connected to wrong place and fixed. There should be some engineer to help in this cases, instead of some housekeeping lady.

Overall, this is really a nice hotel that I would definitely recommend to friends.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay with us at InterContinental Dalian.

We are very glad to know that our staff and service helped in making your visit enjoyable. We are pleased to know that you appreciated the location of our hotel and nice view of huge room, aspect of our hotel that is preferred by many of our guests.

Feedback like WIFI speed and Bose system training to our staff for our room facilities is very valuable to us and enables us to monitor our standards, which on this occasion regretfully has failed to meet your expectations.

Meanwhile, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

Thank you once again, we look very much forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thank you!
Beijing, China
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This hotel is well located for tourism. The breakfast quality is very good.

But I think the service of the hotel (especially the reception) is really poor, and doesn't follow the InterContinental standard. I give an example. AfterI checked in, the lady (maybe she was busy then) in the reception didn't hand the room cards to me. Instead, she threw them to the desk very rudely and asked me to pick them up. Can everybody imagine that?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CatSkunk
Dear Guest,

We were pleased to note that you appreciated our convenient location and good breakfast, aspect of our hotel that is preferred by many of our guests.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for reception service and the way the key card was handed to you which is not our service standard, and the necessary training will be arranged right away. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you back to InterContinental Dalian in the near future. Thank you!
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I expected to get a toned down experience in this hotel, given it's not a BIG city in China terms.
from Check-in to room, to service...what a surprise!
Check in was easy, friendly and smooth.
My single room was HUGE and very well appointed, from amenities to mini-bar to a proper hair dryer!
the Room Service menu is refreshing and varied. Lot's of options with photos, and the Kids menu was a refreshing take on the typical boring 'Chicken Nuggets' default.
The bathroom was positively huge and over the top, and all in all a lovely Hotel at a great corporate price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Truly Y, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Dalian, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our huge room and bathroom made your stay experience more memorable. Meanwhile, we are also very glad to know that our staff and service helped in making your visit enjoyable.

We were pleased to note that you appreciated our room service menu. Your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our services, and we will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I want to the Intercontinental Dalian to escape smog, traffic to relax with a nice coffee. So I thought. That was the worst China experience so far. I had the worst cafe late I have ever tasted in my life, with a price tag of 48 RMB ($9), served by the most rude staff I have come across, sitting on the most ridiculous chairs that will break your back after 10 minutes. Not worth it. Avoid at all cost.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Truly Y, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Dalian, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at InterContinental Dalian.

We are very sorry to learn that you have had an unpleasant coffee experience at our hotel.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience had caused. We have shared your feedback to concerning colleagues and for sure, they will make a study from it.

Kindly be advised that my email address is truly.yu@intercontidl.com, and we would appreciate you very much if you could contact us separately. We wish to understand further your coffee experience and it is rather important for us to improve our services and product quality.

Many thanks once again for your valuable comments.

We look forward to welcoming you at our hotel in your next visit.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I checked in at this hotel this week and to my dismay found that the room temperature was maintained at 28 degrees through master controls (thereby making the room temperature control unit redundant). It is extremely uncomfortable to sleep in a HOT room (the ideal temperature is between 21-24 degrees)... and after much negotiations, managed to get an air cooler into the room (which did bring down the temperature to 26 degrees... but at the cost of increased humidity). The resident manager does not speak any English and was unwilling to accommodate the request to turn down the temperatures... makes my whole stay miserable! Will have to speak with our company procurement to de-list this property.

Room Tip: Ask for business rooms - they are much larger...
1 Thank Hemav M
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing InterContinental Dalian and taking your time to share your feedback about the hotel air condition.

We regret to learn about your stay experience in your recent visit at our hotel. We are sorry for the room temperatures issue. Our Chief Eng is copied on your comments and he will conduct a complete check on our aircon system. We also learnt that you are not satisfied with our manager on duty who handles your requests.

Please be advised that we have already started our language training program in order to provide a more efficient service to international guests.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments and we are look forward to welcoming you at our hotel next time. We would wish to present you an improved service and product in your coming visit.