“Nothing Fancy, but PERFECT.”
Review of Pub 517

Pub 517
Ranked #9 of 16 Restaurants in Andover
Cuisines: American
“Nothing Fancy, but PERFECT.”
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

So, I'd never even heard of this place until I went with some teammates after roller derby practice...
LOVED IT. The menu is plain, the atmosphere is fab (lots of taxidermied dead things!) and the food is great. There's no special ordering and no credit card payment, but that's how they keep the prices friendly and the staff sane. This is already evolving into a regular spot for me!

2 Thank Jessie M

Cliffside Park, New Jersey
“If you love lobsters, crabs and clams, this is it”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

If you love seafood; lobsters, crabs and clams, this is the perfect place. It is nearly same as it's cousin Pub 199, but with more comfortable atmosphere and friendly staff. Of course, the same cash only and one drink per person policy applies, but you'll be attended by the waitress more often than Pub 199 and less stuffed animals too.

One menu I found that distinguishes this place between Pub 199 is the fried calamari, which I found very impressive. The lobster, king crab and clams are simply fabulous. I don't really know if its the taste or the atmosphere, but between 199 & 517, most of the times my choice is 517. Even though it means 10 minutes more drive from my place.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank zaqxswcde
Mt. Arlington
“Great seafood”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Great clams, lobsters and king crab legs. Friendly atmosphere and great service. Many TVs at the bar area for all sporting events

Visited May 2012
2 Thank USNAVYCGN9
sparta, new jersey
“ok food”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We went on a Saturday night with some friends, we were seated quickly and the beers were really cold. The only problem was that one of our steaks came out not as ordered. It was sent back twice and wasn't very good. Everybody else enjoyed their meals and the service was quite good.

Visited April 2012
Long Valley
“Go....Check it out !!!”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Pub 517 is way more accommodating than "199" !
1. You can make reservations !
2. They do have coffee !
3. The waitress will remember you and treat you right !
4. The owner will remember you as well......not so at 199 .

Let me tell you, everybody goes there ! You see the Steel-Horses out for a stop during the Sunday-Ride, as well as folks who frequent the best restaurants anywhere. They must know something this fellow does not. Remember as to why one goes there.........fun, food and what ever else suits you......"kick-back and relax" comes to mind ?!
I have to say, I am partial to this place, I love their giant lobster and succulent clams, they are as good as it gets ! Their Baked-Potatoes are great, too. - No thrills so, but would you expect that anyways ? My friends and I hold the records of Lbs eaten at any single seating and we did it way more than once. My discriminating friends loved it and will come and eat there anytime they're in town ( if one likes their food being from New Orleans, that'll say something.......).

Now, let's talk food and drink.......Both are good if you like pub-food such as burgers, wraps, fries, steak, potato-skins, onion-rings aso......however, as I wrote - if you like clams and lobster, then you are definitely in the right spot. The wines are good and go well with the menu.

What's on tab is equal to any restaurant or watering-hole, again complimenting the food. Oh - the décor......we love it as well since it is not politically correct :-)

• Visited October 2011